News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Interforum Post Bomb Extravaganza 2016!

Started by Ignatius, 09, December, 2016, 12:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius

Hey GSHC!

Following the rousing success of last year's inaugural inter-community event where we all got to meet new people, encounter new ideas and explore new forums, it's a no-brainer to set-up the Interforum Post Bomb Extravaganza 2016 - now with 25% more participating forums, and 2x the number of days!

From Friday, Dec. 16th - Saturday, Dec. 17th, you are encouraged to post as much as possible (without spamming, except on Aeiou, heh) across any and all participating forums! Bond with your siblings on other sites, and have fun!

Participating forums:
Golden Sun Adept's Refuge
Temple of Kraden
Golden Sun Hacking Community
Golden Sunrise
Aeiou

Unconfirmed:
The Lost Waters

Salanewt

Sounds fun enough. A shame I have an exam again this year though.

I'll join in if I can find any time afterwards, and if not then I may release a patch or two in the days after.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Ignatius

After some rehashing of ideas and some misunderstandings across the forums, I'd just like to clarify that the interforum post bomb on the 16th-17th will still go ahead!

Miva

So... it's the 16th, how's it going over here?!

:D

Knight of Purgatory

Its been a while.

How about some cookies?
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Ohh!! Cookies for me! I'll take them! *Hands tip* (You've been coined.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Knight of Purgatory

WE SELL MORE AT THE DARK SIDE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE COMPANY!
Want to buy some?

On that note, join the Dark Side, we have cookies, gift bumpers and all sort of things.

Huh? This seems like de-ja-vu?
This wouldn't happen to be related to Grandma's Cookie Clicker company, would it? Did you get the idea from them?
Spooky!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Knight of Purgatory

...Who?

*looks it up*

Ooooh, I did not know about that.

Anyway, our cookies are better. OUR COOKIES ARE THE BEST!

Oh...

Well, that sounds good then. That was a close one!

*Grabs one*

I think she's after your cookies!

Meanwhile, I give you a glass of my special brand of Teawater! This one has a Fox decoration on top. (You know like how people put lemons on a cup?)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Ignatius

Salanewt

I decided to make a post on one of them. A little worried it'll look like an ad or something, lol.

I'm not sure if I have the strength or willpower to post on the other sites though; have fun in my stead everyone!

Edit: Can I just say how much I love a url to this site being in the first post saying that this site is participating? I imagine it's a copy+pasted message but still.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Satterrible

Haha, it might be. It could also be a good reminder. =o
Anyway, sorry for the delay! I had to actually register first, and I don't think I ever got the validation email... but it seems one of the admins approved me anyway, so here I am!

Welcome Satterrible!
Yeah, likely a way to say we exist and are pretty much inviting them to come... And many of you seem to be active on those others? Unfortunately, GSHC is the only GS site I'm actually active on.... Maybe that could change in the future, but who knows.

@email:
-You didn't mis-type it?
-It wasn't in a spam folder?

But yeah, I believe that the email requirement (to post) should be changed. Because... think about it...
Why exactly is email a requirement anyway? I mean, I might get it from a "this is what society does".... but is it really necessary, though....?? Hmm...
If it is about an anti-bot feature, I'm not convinced.... (Since there may be alternatives.) - (Esp. given that I did try a Guest-may-post thing on YL for quite a long time now, and no problems yet. - You still had the captcha, though.)
If it is password recovery... well, email companies are not hack-proof... (Password Recovery is basically a reason to support email, rather than requiring it.)
Etc.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Ignatius

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 17, December, 2016, 02:04:18 PM
Can I just say how much I love a url to this site being in the first post saying that this site is participating? I imagine it's a copy+pasted message but still.
Haha, yeah, there was definitely some copy-pasting going on there. I was just thinking, though, "provide a list of all participating forums", but I guess it doesn't make much sense to include the forum I'm posting it on, heh. I think I did the same on my home forum. x)