News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Moon

Started by Drake baku, 23, April, 2017, 07:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake baku

hey everyone,
good new's
I FINALLY SUCCEEDED

currently I am playing the game to explore oversights and such, had to make a few fixes already (removed 2 weapon powerups, one resulted in always unlease (which was odd with a total of 45 rate (2 items granted 5 critical) so i removed the one i had on the weapon itself), the other was xPP recovery, which did not worked the way i hoped it would
plus oversights on psynergy levels and class stat growth)

but during my tests I noticed something off
I made the rat drop an item for a item set
as such I figured to use the RNG trick (ending on 31RN)
but no matter what I try, it does not seem to work

I am trying to play on my phone using the app Johnemulators My Boy
does anyone know why I cant seem to get the RNG to work, or otherwise know of a cheat to enforce drops?

once I tested it all, incl drops, then I will make/ finish the change log and share it
afterwards I will start on the lost age version as follow up (already took notice of data transfer for items ^^)

for those curious, I can list a few undetailed changes I made ;)

EDIT: almost forgot, after testing I likely will do one final round of editing, text to fit the changes and perhaps even character build up XD
(on that note, does anyone know how i can make it so that even the player character can speak?)

Drake baku

considering no remarks
lets give a little insight into changes

-pretty much overwritten all classes, the only 2 truly remained but altered (not counting the dragoon which remained by name mostly but as you rank up it becomes something completely new)
-changed some items here and there, mostly equiptabilitie based on the character new roles
-added more items
-replaced some psynergy and added many more
-changed monsters to make them more variable in combat abilities
-limited the class stats to make the game harder when your deep in
-relocated character base stats based on the new character roles:
--Isaac has be renamed to Blade, element is changed to Jupiter and has gotten a spellsword build (attack and PP are strong points but low luck)
--Garet is renamed Michael, remained fire and warrior build, through the extend of strength and defense has been slightly altered, they are still his strong points, agility has been dropped but others have been changed accordingly
--Ivan is renamed Damian and changed to Venus with a explorer build (forgotten the name i used officially so i will role with this at the moment) having high hp, agility and luck (but is weaker in PP and defense)
--Mia is now called Runa with a mage build of HP and PP strong points, but also good defense, through the weakest attack possible
(mostly took the original stat points and reordered them, as for the not original ones, calculated a base value from all original ones and at most added a small amount of points that it would be below the original stats strongest points (basically lightly above base value and still below highest value))

also added a few new things, mostly by name only through
-class series (a group of classes for 1 character that are directly connected to each other)
-shapeshifting weapons
-multiple mono elemental for a single char
-Class pair (both symbiotic pairs have access to the same or similar class with some changes based on elemental issues and otherwise different growths when ranking up)
-if i get it to work, natural quatro-elemental classes for 2 characters
-item sets
-split ending or even 2e stage of psynergies

so if anyone wants to hear more details matters, feel free to ask ^^

Misery

Quote from: Drake baku on 23, April, 2017, 07:47:00 AM
does anyone know why I cant seem to get the RNG to work, or otherwise know of a cheat to enforce drops?
There are many reasons the RNG exploit might fail, but if you just want to test getting the drop you could set the drop rate to 1/1 temporarily

(on that note, does anyone know how i can make it so that even the player character can speak?)
I believe you could do it by editing the script, but if you don't already know specifically what to do it would probably be a disproportionate amount of work just to make this change.

-if i get it to work, natural quatro-elemental classes for 2 characters
This should be pretty simple. If you set djinn of the 3 non-innate elements for a character, you'll see which of the class lines get priority. Use the class type value for that class line for the new classes, put them after all other classes that use that value in the class list, and set the elemental level requirements to 5/1/1/1 and 5/2/2/2 with 5 in the character's innate element, if you want to make sure they're character specific (though other characters will be able to access the first class if you can set 8 djinn or more).

In general I'm not really sure what to comment on, the changes listed don't seem like they would have any major effect on the game. I guess you could release a patch when you feel it's ready, and hopefully people will play it and give some feedback.

Drake baku

wait, location in the class list has influence in its functionality???

Misery

Yes, the game looks at all classes with the type value resulting from the highest two elemental levels in order, starting from the highest index and counting down. It then assigns the first class that fulfills the elemental level requirements. So if for example the Ninja class line started at a lower index than the Apprentice class line, nobody would be able to access the Ninja class line since the resulting class in the Apprentice line would be assigned before Ninja is even checked for.

Salanewt

Yeah, it can be pretty confusing sometimes. I think the elemental level values in the character editor tab might do something with class priority as well but I'm not entirely sure how that works.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

@Character/Party Editor = Yep! Those are part of the elemental levels,  but are also combined with the djinn levels...

So... the gist is:
Step 1: Calculate a class type. (GS1: By Primary/Secondary elements ; GS2: By Primary/Secondary elements, item classes, and Jenna/Piers have different base classes.)
Step 2: Scan all classes from end to beginning for matching class type.  If there's a match, the elemental levels are checked. If you have those, then that's your class! Otherwise the scan continues.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Drake baku

feels kinda confused XD

but yeah then instead of type this might mean that they dont work cause they are placed in the wrong order...
explains why the tri-stages I added for the mars and venus dont work at all, placed those at the first open location I could find

guess I need to check the heights of the similar class builds that were based of already existing ones then nd then relocate them all
damn and here I thought it was just types that were the issue XD

wonder if its an idea to make a pinned topic explaining class creations, like what types are needed for the djinn builds (especially when making a class that uses odd numbers of djinns (like 3 jupiter and 2 mars for a mercury adept, or quatro in GS1)) and what order would be best to place them for the game to read them correctly
would make it easier for new hackers and even more experienced ones to work from

Rolina

Quote from: Fox on 06, May, 2017, 04:24:34 PM
@Character/Party Editor = Yep! Those are part of the elemental levels,  but are also combined with the djinn levels...

So... the gist is:
Step 1: Calculate a class type. (GS1: By Primary/Secondary elements ; GS2: By Primary/Secondary elements, item classes, and Jenna/Piers have different base classes.)
Step 2: Scan all classes from end to beginning for matching class type.  If there's a match, the elemental levels are checked. If you have those, then that's your class! Otherwise the scan continues.
I think he means the ones digit in those values.  When you try to change it so that opposing elements are the lowest values instead of symbiotic, it throws the whole class system out of whack.

Edit:  Oops, thought this was on front page.  My bad.

Drake baku

Hey everyone, im back

Due to many factors i ended up taking a break feom GM
But i started working on its sequel and with that fixing up some flaws and soon will continue testing GM as well
I got a few small things i need to clean amd test before i can share it

And on that note i wanted to ask cause i cant seem to find it (i think it was pisted somewhere but i just cant find it)
Forr GM2 i wanted to see if its possible to make 2 new boss scripts in order to make those 2 unused boss sprites appear
I got some more experience with game edits and while hex is still a bunch of unreadable code for me, i got some understanding and with some help and or tutorial i am confident i can use that now
I would also love it if i could make like a new dungeon for the lion boss but i am assuming that to be impossible..
Still adding 2 new boss scripts should be possible right?

Drake baku

hey all, so the post before could be ignored on the matter that while working on the sequel.. well my old lap started to get bugged out big time, various data files i made were deleted, my entire music folder ive been building since i was 16 gone (odly enough that one returned on its own 2 months later)
but with the files that did disappear and never returned, included all my data on GMA and all important ones of GM
figured ill look for the paper written work, it was beta type with various bits redone on the files i had, but figured it was better then nothing and i could likely remake what i got from the GM file i had left and memory
but those two were hidden from me somehow (typically my luck...)

as such i ended up with a bigger break to mourn the loss and get myself a new laptop
once i got that i startedit up again, remaking some char classes but before i could get past Jermain (aka Felix), my youngst put a remote control car on a headrest of the couch and my eldest could see the fun of it, driving it across till it had nowhere to go but fall, which was exactly where i had stored my new lap, so that needed a screen replacement
then came some personal issues i do not wish to indulge in followed by a move to my new home

so yeah lot happened, did not leave here cause i wanted to
but i am taking my chances to return now
however I have been thinking on GM and decided to reboot it, the general idea likely remain the same, but some bits will be tweaked and rebalanced
as ive still got nothing of my old data so ill be redesigning that and more

so yeah... back to the drawing board but this time start more on a GMA level first so i know the limits before i get to GM itself
(feels like in the vanila they also first designed it too GS:TLA and then went from, lets see how far we get with GS alone...)