Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 16, 2017, 08:29:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Moon  (Read 929 times)
Drake baku
Aura Charge

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« on: April 23, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »

hey everyone,
good new's
I FINALLY SUCCEEDED

currently I am playing the game to explore oversights and such, had to make a few fixes already (removed 2 weapon powerups, one resulted in always unlease (which was odd with a total of 45 rate (2 items granted 5 critical) so i removed the one i had on the weapon itself), the other was xPP recovery, which did not worked the way i hoped it would
plus oversights on psynergy levels and class stat growth)

but during my tests I noticed something off
I made the rat drop an item for a item set
as such I figured to use the RNG trick (ending on 31RN)
but no matter what I try, it does not seem to work

I am trying to play on my phone using the app Johnemulators My Boy
does anyone know why I cant seem to get the RNG to work, or otherwise know of a cheat to enforce drops?

once I tested it all, incl drops, then I will make/ finish the change log and share it
afterwards I will start on the lost age version as follow up (already took notice of data transfer for items ^^)

for those curious, I can list a few undetailed changes I made ;)

EDIT: almost forgot, after testing I likely will do one final round of editing, text to fit the changes and perhaps even character build up XD
(on that note, does anyone know how i can make it so that even the player character can speak?)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:49:41 AM by Drake baku » Logged
View Profile
Drake baku
Aura Charge

Novice Member

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:37:29 PM »

considering no remarks
lets give a little insight into changes

-pretty much overwritten all classes, the only 2 truly remained but altered (not counting the dragoon which remained by name mostly but as you rank up it becomes something completely new)
-changed some items here and there, mostly equiptabilitie based on the character new roles
-added more items
-replaced some psynergy and added many more
-changed monsters to make them more variable in combat abilities
-limited the class stats to make the game harder when your deep in
-relocated character base stats based on the new character roles:
--Isaac has be renamed to Blade, element is changed to Jupiter and has gotten a spellsword build (attack and PP are strong points but low luck)
--Garet is renamed Michael, remained fire and warrior build, through the extend of strength and defense has been slightly altered, they are still his strong points, agility has been dropped but others have been changed accordingly
--Ivan is renamed Damian and changed to Venus with a explorer build (forgotten the name i used officially so i will role with this at the moment) having high hp, agility and luck (but is weaker in PP and defense)
--Mia is now called Runa with a mage build of HP and PP strong points, but also good defense, through the weakest attack possible
(mostly took the original stat points and reordered them, as for the not original ones, calculated a base value from all original ones and at most added a small amount of points that it would be below the original stats strongest points (basically lightly above base value and still below highest value))

also added a few new things, mostly by name only through
-class series (a group of classes for 1 character that are directly connected to each other)
-shapeshifting weapons
-multiple mono elemental for a single char
-Class pair (both symbiotic pairs have access to the same or similar class with some changes based on elemental issues and otherwise different growths when ranking up)
-if i get it to work, natural quatro-elemental classes for 2 characters
-item sets
-split ending or even 2e stage of psynergies

so if anyone wants to hear more details matters, feel free to ask ^^
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 2

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »

does anyone know why I cant seem to get the RNG to work, or otherwise know of a cheat to enforce drops?
There are many reasons the RNG exploit might fail, but if you just want to test getting the drop you could set the drop rate to 1/1 temporarily

(on that note, does anyone know how i can make it so that even the player character can speak?)
I believe you could do it by editing the script, but if you don't already know specifically what to do it would probably be a disproportionate amount of work just to make this change.

-if i get it to work, natural quatro-elemental classes for 2 characters
This should be pretty simple. If you set djinn of the 3 non-innate elements for a character, you'll see which of the class lines get priority. Use the class type value for that class line for the new classes, put them after all other classes that use that value in the class list, and set the elemental level requirements to 5/1/1/1 and 5/2/2/2 with 5 in the character's innate element, if you want to make sure they're character specific (though other characters will be able to access the first class if you can set 8 djinn or more).

In general I'm not really sure what to comment on, the changes listed don't seem like they would have any major effect on the game. I guess you could release a patch when you feel it's ready, and hopefully people will play it and give some feedback.
View Profile
Drake baku
Aura Charge

Novice Member

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »

wait, location in the class list has influence in its functionality???
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 2

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 02:57:43 PM »

Yes, the game looks at all classes with the type value resulting from the highest two elemental levels in order, starting from the highest index and counting down. It then assigns the first class that fulfills the elemental level requirements. So if for example the Ninja class line started at a lower index than the Apprentice class line, nobody would be able to access the Ninja class line since the resulting class in the Apprentice line would be assigned before Ninja is even checked for.
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 05:41:47 PM »

Yeah, it can be pretty confusing sometimes. I think the elemental level values in the character editor tab might do something with class priority as well but I'm not entirely sure how that works.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 08:24:34 PM »

@Character/Party Editor = Yep! Those are part of the elemental levels,  but are also combined with the djinn levels...

So... the gist is:
Step 1: Calculate a class type. (GS1: By Primary/Secondary elements ; GS2: By Primary/Secondary elements, item classes, and Jenna/Piers have different base classes.)
Step 2: Scan all classes from end to beginning for matching class type.  If there's a match, the elemental levels are checked. If you have those, then that's your class! Otherwise the scan continues.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 08:41:29 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
Did you know? In English, you are suppose to capitalize the languages. (e.g. English is a proper noun.) Subjects like math, science, history can be left lower-cased unless they are a title. (Kind of like how you can say either "my mom" or "Mom" in "I went with (X) to the store.", except that I don't think languages are ever lower-cased in English.) In Spanish, both subjects and languages are left lower-cased. (I put this here because I've noticed people make this mistake quite often. And am curious if they know about this, and whether they use their way because they believe this grammar usage should have never been a thing?

Remember kids! In getting a job, it's not about what you know, it's about WHO you know! So start making friends with the people that work where you want to work. :) (Friend of a friend and volunteering count too, so keep that in mind.)[/si
View Profile
Drake baku
Aura Charge

Novice Member

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 11:23:07 AM »

feels kinda confused XD

but yeah then instead of type this might mean that they dont work cause they are placed in the wrong order...
explains why the tri-stages I added for the mars and venus dont work at all, placed those at the first open location I could find

guess I need to check the heights of the similar class builds that were based of already existing ones then nd then relocate them all
damn and here I thought it was just types that were the issue XD

wonder if its an idea to make a pinned topic explaining class creations, like what types are needed for the djinn builds (especially when making a class that uses odd numbers of djinns (like 3 jupiter and 2 mars for a mercury adept, or quatro in GS1)) and what order would be best to place them for the game to read them correctly
would make it easier for new hackers and even more experienced ones to work from
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 10:46:00 PM »

@Character/Party Editor = Yep! Those are part of the elemental levels,  but are also combined with the djinn levels...

So... the gist is:
Step 1: Calculate a class type. (GS1: By Primary/Secondary elements ; GS2: By Primary/Secondary elements, item classes, and Jenna/Piers have different base classes.)
Step 2: Scan all classes from end to beginning for matching class type.  If there's a match, the elemental levels are checked. If you have those, then that's your class! Otherwise the scan continues.
I think he means the ones digit in those values.  When you try to change it so that opposing elements are the lowest values instead of symbiotic, it throws the whole class system out of whack.

Edit:  Oops, thought this was on front page.  My bad.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:52:08 PM by Rolina » Logged

View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 05:19:46 AM
Majora: Perfect. Thank you!
Today at 04:45:37 AM
Atrius: Also, you can put use [nobbc][/nobbc] to show bbcode without it being parsed.
Today at 04:22:03 AM
Atrius: The bbcode wasn't designed to handle "https://youtu.be/" links.  It should be fixed now.
Today at 01:06:01 AM
Majora: Read that sometimes SMF doesn't like YouTube's https links, seems to have the same issue with http as well
Today at 01:04:59 AM
Majora: Sorry lol, didn't realize it would embed the player into the chat. At least that works! tl;dr: embedded YouTube videos fail to appear in forum posts
Today at 01:04:07 AM
Majora: Just noticed this, not sure if it's already been mentioned but it looks like the forum is breaking embedded YouTube links in posts using BBCode [youtube][/youtube] tags
December 13, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Fox: Okay, so that Summon Night games adds the fram number to the seed, before generating another seed via mul/add....  (GS1-GS3 never adds the fram number.) ... So um, that makes sense! ;  Summon Night:  ((seed + frame) * 0x343FD + 0x269E3C) >> 0x10 ; Which is also on the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator
December 12, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise