News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hey guys! I'm new here, thought I'd introduce myself

Started by Eon713, 04, June, 2017, 09:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eon713

I haven't been a fan of the Golden Sun games for very long, but that's only due to lack of knowledge. I'm relatively coding inclined (but then, who here isn't?) and I can't wait for Open Golden Sun so I can make my very own fangame. I hope I can be of help, or at least provide some humor. And thanks for having me!

P.S. If anyone knows any quirks of this forum, can you please let me know? I once was on a forum that didn't let you search when you were logged in.
Awaiting a good signature

Salanewt

Hey there, welcome; I'm sure you will fit right in around here!

As for forum quirks, none that I can think of beyond the odd spelling error.

Let us know if you need any help with things, especially if you decide to do some hacking stuff!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hello! And welcome to the Gold Son Huck Communications.... Oh um... that didn't come out right, did it? Golden Sun Hacking Community! Make yourself at home!

Of course we have quirks! Clans! (Since they are basically inactive.) And that you should join one if you want a different name color. (Also,there is a topic you can post in if you ever decide you want to change your name.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Eon713

Glad to see that this is a welcoming community. In terms of hacking I don't think I'll be contributing that much, but I definitely will try my hand at the Open Golden Sun engine as soon as it comes out. I already have plenty of ideas to put into code.
Also, how does one enter a clan? I've skimmed through the clans page, but I can't quite understand the method.

Great to here.  I feel that Open GS will become popular some day... Let's hope it does.

@Clans = It used to be move complex in the past. But now, Clan leaders and applications have been done away with... so you only need to post which clan you are interested in being in, and an admin will get right to you. (If they do...? I not sure what their relationship is to the website at the moment.)
I think the choices were one of Sol, Luna, Venus, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, or none of them.

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Eon713

Oh, I thought it would be tougher than that
Where would I post my clan of choice? There doesn't seem to be a dedicated location in the clan commons
Because I am 100% Jupiter

forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=post;topic=630.300;num_replies=312;subject=Re: Clan Requests;message=Jupiter

Something like that, but you can put it in your own words if you want. (And if nothing happens in a few days, then I guess no admin is watching....)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

Honestly, I don't mean to attack Kain or anything, but the staff really should be people who are more active on the site, and who know the editor better.  Or at the very least, we should have something installed to make "joining a clan" something simple that doesn't need admin approval.

^Exactly! I totally agree with you. And these things really do not sound like they'd be that difficult to add. Certainly not as difficult as hacking Golden Sun's code as what Salanewt and I do...

I mean, they could upload related source code, and I'd probably add it myself if provided with enough information... (and source code edits could still be Admin Approved.), but I haven't seen anything yet...

-Set up a combo box displaying the names of each clan.
-Update on Submission. (Probably stores a number 0 to 6 in the user data? - If it stored the name of the clan, I'd say that's bad design. , When displayed to users, the index would look up the clan name and color.)

So like.... admins/mods could probably join clans too, if that ever became a thing... but the Mods/Admins colors would take priority. (Or.... it could be that the staff just gets bolded names... or even a slightly modified color... like lighter/darker than the original color... etc... The point is flexibility.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden