News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

Started by Salanewt, 18, October, 2009, 08:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Hello everyone. You can sort of consider this my "Mario and Luigi 'column'", if you will. Anyway, the topic that i would like to talk about for this game during the next few days is...

Mario's Biggest Fan
[url=http://z3.invisionfree.com/Lighthouse_of_Yoshi/index.php?showtopic=244]http://z3.invisionfree.com/Lighthouse_of_Yoshi/index.php?showtopic=244[/url]

This is a script that I am working on right now. I do not technically have any of the text put into the game, nor do I have the actual item name or character... Blah blah blah, etc. However, this is just a plan for one. Also, it turns out that scripts can be copied into empty areas of the game, but the flags in them do not let the game continue properly, so development on this will be progressing for at least a week or two.

So, you you have any ideas as you what I can add to this script? There is more information if you follow the link.

Have a nice day.

I am asking here and there (Yoshi's Lighthouse) because this might be the best way for people to learn of this script idea, and give me some input. When I can get the script to work 100%, then I am going to make a video of it.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Okay then. I have given up on the script for now. As some of you know, we have been working on the editor for the past little while now, and have decided to also host a version of it here (so if you are a member here, you do not have to go through the hassle of registering at Yoshi's Lighthouse). However, our plans to have a version out before Christmas are, well, almost gone now. If anyone wants to know more information, feel free to ask.

Eventually, this MIGHT be a complete editor for the Mario and Luigi series, so there the program can edit anything in any of the three games.

Have a nice day.

Also, I have this topic here so it can be discussed here more easily. Who else is interested?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hm? Looks like I haven't posted here yet. Be aware that right now the link in your first post is currently not viewable by guests, anyone wanting to view it will have to register. (We can change this if you ever decide to.) We have posted so much info on M&L (at Yoshi's Lighthouse), I even started going into Function Research, however, it is a bit complicated. I'm a bit stuck on how the game actually displays text. (Ex: Enemy Names)

0807B536 = This area seems to do something with it (Enemy Names)... but...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)