News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Moo

Started by Salanewt, 30, October, 2009, 03:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Oh wow, that stinks... In my school, you only get late slips and stuff until you have been late too often. WHen that happens, your parents will be informed, etc.

Anyway, here is a new rant...

Actually, I just changed my mind. I will lest people discuss the last ones if they wish first.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

suzumebachi

They put a bottle of hand sanitizer in each classroom in my school.

Frog

Ahh writing lines.
I remember back in my grade 8 science class you had to write out "i will do my homework" 20 times if it wasn't done...and then yes, it doubled.
The scary part is that this one guy didn't do his homework for like 2 weeks...and ended up with over 2,000 lines. (which he actually had to do before the end of the term)
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yes.. but .. to go a bit further...

okay, the first tardy was probably an excused tardy...

Another tardy - 20 lines...

Another tardy - 50 lines...

I'm not sure what the next tardy here would be...

EDIT: I forgot to say, you also need parent signature.

But anyway, t looks like that was the only teacher I ever had that would do writing assignments for lateness. And I have never had a teacher who would give writing assignments for not doing homework. (That seems a bit too strict for me, if the student doesn't do it they should just get the 0 and let it be.)

Although, I do have some lenient teachers. For example: This year, it seems my English teacher gives a lot of extra credit... usually "+5" .. sometimes "+10" ... I wonder what people's grade look like in here, (But don't expect her to go overboard.., although, she does not give extra credit for no reason.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Oh wow...

Okay then. I think you only get one right now, and then I will type up the other one when I get back after school today.

Basic or Acidic Lakes:

As many of you know (or have now learned), there are two types of compounds. Acids and Bases, water is a base, rainwater is an acid. If pollution wasn't bad enough for the effects it has on life, it can also prevent you from swimming in large bodies of water. One lake that has a problem is Lake Ontario. I do not think that I have been swimming in there, because I would rather not grow tentacles over night! Why should I go into one of the largest lakes of the world only to get sick. Lake Erie (having been the most pulluted Great Lake at one time) is very good and clean now, but only because they imported Zebra Muscles and other various creatures to make the lake clean. The bad thing about these is that they clean water, but they have a chance of cleaning the lake too much, so it should affect the other wildlife. Oh well, as long as there is at least ONE nearby body of water in which I can actually swim without mutating.

So, to make things clear...

Many lakes are not good for drinking, swimming, or living in. Some are, but many are not. I do not like this! It would be nice if various pollutants were completely removed from our ecosystems, environments, and our atmosphere.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Nothing really, but I have a feeling that there might be more in Lake Ontario than we are told... The mutation part is actually a joke though, lol.

Oh yeah, a new rant. Perhaps I will change it so I type two on each weekend day, and one on each week day (or two each day that I am off, and I am on here).

To See the Movies:

Sure, I might like to go every once in a while to see a good movie, but there are probably hundreds of reasons why I hate movie theatres... I shall just name a few.

#1: The chairs feel like pins in your body after about 30 minutes. Also, these chairs are nothing like the furniture that I have in my living room. I would rather lay down on the floor than sit in those chairs. Why should I have to pay $10-$20 dollars to see a movie (most of the newer ones which I find that I waste money, because it is hard for me to find a newer movie that I like).

#2: There are so many people... Who do you have to kill to get a breath of oxygen while you are there? I would rather lay down on my couch, possibly with one or two family members in the room with me, and put in a movie that I know I like, rather than guessing about possibly liking the movie, which rarely happens for me.

#3: The room, excluding the uncomfortable chairs and all of the people (some of which can be quite smelly too), it is still not very cozy. Why watch a movie on a very large screen in a large, dark room, when you can watch one in in the comfort of your own abode.

And this is my rant for today.

Have a nice day.

Frog

In an ideal world sure, but thats just not gonna happen.

also what does Acidic or basic water have to with mutation?
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Salanewt

Since Frog's last post switched with my previous post, I might as well post now...

A new rant!

Television:

Oh, what can I say about television? Entertainment? For me, I get plenty of entertainment from my computer and my games. Of course, some television shows are well done, but they are so rare and so few, unless they are not aired any more. Why watch commercials when I can just as easily get people to send me spam emails! I have a good antivirus, so I should use that instead of wasting my brain on a screen, just watching. I know what some of you are thinking "but computers and games require screens too, not just television". True, but at least I am doing (somewhat) constructive work when I am playing my games, same with being on the computer. I used to have Satellite. over 900 stations, only about 6 of which actually ever had anything good on, and this was only for when they were not showing 2/3s of television time with commercials. Also, the television has a strange way of transforming people... Luckily, I do not have Satellite any more, and can not watch television (we now have cable though, silly family members thinking that we need the television). Besides, the computer can do everything that the television could:

Weather, Movies, Music, and much more. Being able to play Video Games is nice, but I also like playing them on their actual systems.

Also, quite often in school, you hear about the latest episodes on TV. In fact, this has become a staple of conversation, as has television overall. Still though, I suppose it is better than listening to people who only know how to use swear words in a sentence.

Please indulge me, how is television any good?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Television is great.  Fringe, Dollhouse, Stargate Universe, White Collar... I can go on. ^-^

Salanewt

? ? ? ?

I have no idea what any of those are (except for Fringe, but only because I was told a tiny bit about it in the chatbox a minute ago).

Also, the internet can have episodes floating around, and I can go to the video store and get entire seasons of what I want to watch, instead of having to wait around for the good stuff.

Besides, if they are not making Three's Company anymore, then why watch television?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Go to Hulu.  Remember, TV always has, and always will be, hit and miss.  Kinda like video games.  They're basically REAAAAAALY long movies, split up into like thirty for forty parts.

Salanewt

Er... What is Hulu?

True enough. As I said, I have few things against television shows, but just all of the stations that air them (and of course, the shows that I do not like as well).

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

www.hulu.com

Fringe & Stargate Universe are my two favorite shows right now.  Sanctuary is also pretty good.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Ah, totally forgot about Sanctuary... Ah, that reminds me, I missed friday's episodes... I need to brush up with hulu tomorrow before they air...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Well in England most tv shows that people watch are lame soap operas like Eastenders and Hollyoaks but there are some good shows like Doctor Who and *two pints of lager and a packet of crisps (*its a BBC sitcom and crisps are chips if your an American or whatever and don't know what crisps are)

Salanewt

Oh yeah... I have been forgetting about making more rants.

Anyway, here is one about our current project (more or less a rant):

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

I know what some of you are thinking, right? Oh! Will he tell us a bit about what they have been doing with this game? The answer is "Not much, no." This is more or less a discussion rant than a rant to talk about things that I dislike. In this game, as some of you might know, there are similarities (one or two here and there, but not very many), like the fact that it is an RPG, and there are monsters, maps, items, etc. However, it can be quite confusing. What I set out to do in August was to have a working editor. It is now November, hehe. We knew that it would take a while, but I honestly thought that there would be something for people to use by now. Oh well. We are still happily hacking the game, finding out all of its secrets. Nothing that Nintendo wanted to keep a secret will be kept from us... Mwahahahahahaha! To be honest though, I should have chosen something different than Visual Basic to work on the editor with, but I am going to continue with it (simply because I almost have everything finished for it).

And this is my discussion topic for the day. I was going to type an actual rant, but I can't think of anything else right now, lol.

Have a nice day.