News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun 1.5

Started by Seraphinox, 24, November, 2009, 06:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Oh, I have a new idea that might work. Allow the player to choose a gender at the beginning, and that becomes the character they control. This way, only one party would be needed for the whole game.

Some code to bring up a new interface, some more code to select from one of two strings of text (for default names), and so on. Seems plausible enough to me, if this isn't too complex.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

besttp

Quote from: Salanewt on 09, December, 2011, 09:44:52 AM
Oh, I have a new idea that might work. Allow the player to choose a gender at the beginning, and that becomes the character they control. This way, only one party would be needed for the whole game.

If Golden Sun like this exists, I'll play it all day long  :happy:
Will the player also allowed to choose their element?

Durza

I actually think they should have done something like that officially. Though it'd have to be so far back as to have virtually no actual impact on the storyline. Maybe around the time the lighthouses were being put out, with a party of four chosen from a selection of twelve depending on the player's element and behaviour (those choices should do something besides drive Kraden insane) combatting the horrors created by the first Eclipse and the overuse of Alchemy while they search for materials with which to make the Elemental Stars.

On the GS 1.5 idea, I think it should be incorporated as a small segment of Golden Sun Advanced, the DS remake in which Felix and Sheba get their own classes. There'd be three segments where you control Saturos' party (the Sol Sanctum raid as a tutorial, climbing Mercury and Venus lighthouses. Actually, maybe a little bonus scene at the start of Felix's half of the game where you get to wander around Prox just before leaving, with a happy Karst and nice Agatio there), and three in which you control Isaac's in the second half (Madra and Jupiter lighthouse, not sure about the third). Felix wouldn't be playable apart from psynergy, and the same would apply to Sheba in Venus. Also, Sheba would come with Reveal learned, because the 'Alex warped them past all the obstacles' explanation is kind of annoying (Air's rock would either teach something different or go away).
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.