News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

My somewhat odd hack

Started by Aile~♥, 26, January, 2010, 06:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Done mostly up to Lemuria. Let me know if any weapons up to this point are unedited, or if any enemies can't use a skill because I converted it into a Psynergy. Beware of a certain potentially overpowered weapon or two... I may need to nerf the Shaman's Rod and Corsair's Edge (Ruinous Edge)

Things edited:

Pilgrim (Wind) series has become a completely different class, with completely different Psynergy and a focus on more fighter-like skills.
The Dragoon's Ply series has been replaced with a Mars elemental Psynergy that costs 0 PP, but drains half the damage healed from the caster's HP!
Various bosses now have some friends to help them. Of notable mention are Briggs and the Avimander.
Serpent changes colours depending on how weakened he is.
Axes give 140% of their original attack values, but lower the wielder's Defence by 40% of their original attack value.
Staves give 60% of their original attack values, but give 40% of their original attack values to Elemental Power.
Ankhs give 60% of their original attack values, but give 40% of their original attack values to Elemental Resistance.
Maces give 70% of their original attack values, but give 30% of their original attack values to Max PP.
Light Blades give 80% of their original attack values, but give 20% of their original attack values to Agility.
Ending Blow! Various items are available that will bestow Psynergies that cost close to all of your PP to do an insane amount of damage with similarly insane secondary effects (500 power + possibility to do that damage to PP instead and drain damage dealt FTW. Ah well, at least its power level isn't OVER NINE THOUSAND! On second thought, I may have to make a version with over 9000 power, now that I've mentioned it. Of course, you can expect PP cost to be similarly stellar...)
Wind18! A new Psynergy with a temporary name, this move heals all party members by a maximum of 500 HP and costs only 5 PP... but it drains 10% of HP healed from the caster's PP! This Psynergy actually costs quite a lot, even when you use it for minimal healing.
There are various other things I haven't bothered to mention, you'll find them out for yourself.

UPDATE! Fixed exp and Coin rewards from some enemies that had no rewards, which is odd cause I swear I've fixed them before. I also fixed some problems with Maces.
Download link is below: v
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Well, from what you have told me, it seems like it would be a good hack. However, if you can patch this, then you will be playing my first attempt as atching your hack (I never did any modifications).

I will try redownloading your patch again though, just in case something happened...

Jamie + ???'s somewhat crazy hack.

Patch the hack on a different English version of the game, and you might get the same results that I did (there were two different trials, both with strange results).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Upload it right here! Click "additional options" and then attach it!

Salanewt

Thanks! I never saw that before... Either that, or I did, but I completely forgot. Something like that. Anyway, I have reuploaded it.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

This appears to just be my patch. It seems to me you're using the wrong ROM.

If you'd give me your E-mail address, I could tell you where I got mine and then maybe it would work.

Salanewt

Hm... Okay, but I would prefer to send it in a private message. Is this okay?

Have a nice day.

It is your patch? Huh... I could have sword that I patched the version of the game which I had already patched, and had glitched. I guess versions do nto mix well when repatching. Oh well.

Atrius (He/Him)

Strange... There's only one English language version of the game that I'm aware of.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

thenightsshadow

Quote from: Salanewt on 27, January, 2010, 12:24:23 AM
Hm... Okay, but I would prefer to send it in a private message. Is this okay?

Have a nice day.

It is your patch? Huh... I could have sword that I patched the version of the game which I had already patched, and had glitched. I guess versions do nto mix well when repatching. Oh well.

No wonder.
You always patch a clean file, never patching a previous version.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Salanewt

Well, at first I thought I did patch a clean version. However, something strange happened, and some things did not make ANY sense. I guess... Oh, okay then... I will remove the apparently messed up version, but I will give instructions as to how to make it messed up (seems random too). If you do not get the same results, then this means that I patched too many files on top of each other... So, instructions will probably be better (expect the unexpected).

Now to check my Email...

Have a nice day.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Holy sh-*is shot* that's one awesome looking hack there Jamie! Wait a sec... You're only done up to Lemuria? Well good luck with finishing it, D00d!

Insularity

Okay, so I've been thinking. (oh sh-)

Well, the Temple has recently had a large uprise of "Let's Play"'s, right? So why don't I make a Let's Play for this? I mean really, I don't think I've made a single contribution here, and this could possibly get quite a few more people to try out the hack, and maybe a couple new members. So far, I'm only up to Garoh, and I've skipped the desert, so I won't be backtracking much.

Of course, you're free to disagree.

EDIT: Of course only being able to get up to Lemuria would be a problam, as well as potential glitches... Hey I can use a save file from this patch on a later version of it, right?

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Aile~♥

You should be able to, yes.

I may, however, occasionally edit things before Lemuria in later versions, you know, small bits of editing/bugfixing any weapons I might have missed or enemies to make them actually challenging.

How did you skip the Desert?

Insularity

Well, not skip, but temporarily walk around it to get to Garoh.

So, do you think it will be a good idea?

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Rolina

Huh, interesting.  I can't wait to see what you do when we get the v0.3 editor, since you'll be able to rename the classes (FINALLY...)

Aile~♥

@Insul: Yes, you could do that, it might be interesting.

Hint: When you get to Kibombo (sp?) mountains, make sure you Djinn-kill some faeries or whatever they're called, they drop an item that you REALLY won't want to miss. So do the treewalker thingies in Gaia Rock.

@Role: Yeah, the Pilgrim (wind) class is going to get renamed, as are all the ? and <element>18 and <element>19 Psynergies.

Does anyone know how to make it so that abilities show up in the right order in your Psynergy menu? My Pilgrim class has a bit of a problem in that all it's attacks are out of order, which makes it even harder to know what the ? Psynergies do.

Edit: Here's a patch with a MAJORLY GLITCHED Pilgrim class, of course, you'll have to give Sheba Mars Djinn or Jenna Jupiter Djinn to use it. Note that to get stage 3 of the class, Sheba needs 5 Mars Djinn and one Jupiter Djinni.

Rolina

Is it like that on purpose, or did you not notice you changed the required element levels?

Aile~♥

I changed the requirement levels on purpose, so that you didn't have to BEAT POSEIDON before you got to use Fire Psynergy in the class.

Rolina

You can just give it fire psynergy right off the bat, and just upgrade it like was done in the trainer's whip.  Or hell, ALL EPAs...

Aile~♥

I could perhaps, but I'm not actually sure if that would cause Jenna to learn it right from the start...

You'd probably be complaining a LOT more if you'd checked the effects of the last two "?" Psys that Fire Monk learns... you know, the ones learned at 60 and 75?

Rolina

I'm debugging here, not judging.  You wanted help debugging, so I'm here.   If you wanted criticism on your ideas, then you should have said so.  So for now, I'm just going to help you fix your bugs, and not complain about who you gave what.