News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

My RPG vision

Started by Mion Sonozaki, 12, February, 2010, 09:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

Wow. This is an awesome idea Lishy. The plot is good, and the idea of a half visual novel rpg is interesting, but that would be extremely hard to pull off... Anyway, I wish you luck in trying to pull this off as a Golden Sun hack. It's going to be a  loooot of hard work.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Mion Sonozaki

Oo a fellow Tsukihime fan.
I'm a bit fan of it too! :D
You can bet I'll probably reference Ciel in this story through some Curry bar or whatever since I also love curry to extremes just like Ciel does xD

A quick update on progress, but I promise to have the newest revision out by either tommorow or possibly tonight. It's almost done, but I still got a long way to go. No guarantees...

If Atrius succeeds his midi porter, I have in mind some music I want to use.
I'm a huge Noriyuki Iwadare and Yasunori Mitsuda fan. So chances are I may decide to use music from Grandia (Definitely, Lunar, Chrono Trigger (Maybe..) and for sure Xenogears since that's my prime inspiration.
Aside from music made by those two, there are some other songs I've had in mind that could do justice.
Digital Network from Higurashi is a song that could make for a hilarious scene used in the same context as Higurashi where characters play a game of some sort. 
As for Shizu, because she's a direct reference to Shion (Higurashi) in terms of inspiration and visual appearance, it is mandatory to have Higurashi's Spring Step for her theme, or at least in her introduction.

My next BGM choices also slightly hint at what I have in store for my next revision of the concept, so anyone interested, here's the scoop.
I have an idea where Olias is forced to torture Shizu (The girl he loves) in order to deceive Shiro so that they may escape. However, to do that, he actually has to convince Shizu herself he's betraying her for Shiro.
I don't know whether to tell it through Shizu's view where she suffers the agony of betrayal, or Olias who has to suffer the anguish of sympathy, not even allowed to show it. The concept is ironic because in order to help her he has to show as much cruelty as possible. So it is a major test of psyche Olias must go through.
The perfect theme to suit this scenario in my opinion is Lock On from Yume Miru Kusuri. It's not your average song to listen to, and that's why it is perfect for this. Listening to it, you find you cannot sit still. That is exactly how Olias feels. On the flip side, it also portrays the shattered feelings of Shizu, astounded and not able to comprehend the events.

Then there is Shion. As you will see in the next revision, she has the most harsh tragedy out of all the characters. At the same time, she can relate to all of them. She went through genocide, rape, torture, betrayal, social withdrawal, prison of war, family loss, home destruction, and amongst other things.
Her true backstory, along with Togo's truth he concluded about the world, is only something to be revealed near the end of the game. She has a good reason to hate humans and to have the pity of other characters, despite their own problems.
However, all of her tragedies sum up to betraying her friends. She betrays Shiro which causes most of the conflict in the story, and then she betrays Menlo and Co. whom she had developed an emotional bond with, nearly forgetting her aims were to manipulate them. As a result, she ends up killing them, though quickly realizing her mistakes.
The idea I have in mind is to have a scene where you're imprisoned after Shion betrays you, and it is currently an emergency you have to rush to, but can't because you're in prison. With mixed feelings of despise and relief, Menlo and Co. are released by Shion who confesses her story and mistakes.
The best song to fit this is the first part of Assault from Grandia. It combines many emotions I'm trying to aim for, such as a feeling of rush, unnerveness, anger, desperation, and confrontation.
It would probably be best to have Shion slowly tell her story in pieces as you're escaping from the prison very cryptically, then finally reveal the full gist.

Finally, last but not least, what is a Tsukihime fan to do when he's using VN themes of VNs he's a fan of, but not Tsukihime? Of course I'll try to use music from Tsukihime!
Specifically, I recall Kagetsu Tohya has some amazing tracks. Imaging sitting by a tree, closing your eyes, and losing yourself in deep thought.
I think Stillness is a beautiful song that can do much to stimulate such an atmosphere.
Lastly but not least, there's the song of madness. I'm going to introduce a new plot device to the story. A very important one.
Kagra suffers from anemia.. Or at least she was diagnosed. Throughout her life, Kagra had always suffered from anemia like symptoms. Whenever she would get stressed, she would lose her energy, sometimes even pass out if her symptoms are that bad. But she also suffers from frequent nightmares of gore, flesh, blood, and pure, hellish madness.. The thing is however, whenever she suffers an anemia fit, objects of her nightmare slowly cross into reality, and the madness that follows it as well.
People often regard organs and the like to be objects from hell itself. They're so foreign, yet so close to us. Perhaps it is because we are all such horrible things, trying to mask ourselves.
Kagra is god. She possesses the true vision and perception on such a scary thing.
Yet she thinks of herself as a normal girl. How can a "normal" girl handle such things? The sights she sees in her anemia drives her to madness...
Phantom Dance from Tsukihime is really the highlight to such a thing. Because at one point, when it crosses into reality too far.. She tries to save herself from the pile of walking flesh attacking her.. A young child going over to hug her........

Woo, that was intense xD
Kagra's newest additions to her backstory can be thought of as a cross between Saya no Uta, and Shiki's ub3r vampire killing eYes of d0000000m.
You will have to wait and see for the full thread to hear the organized updates listing all my new scenario ideas xD

As for the music, I'm hoping it wont all clash because itll use instruments from Golden Sun ingame xD
They may need to be remixed a little though because the people I know who might make the midis probably won't be able to recreate it perfect for use in golden sun..
If the midi importer goes well, I'm planning to replace every single song, no matter how hard it may be to port. But it can't be much harder than SMW music hacking and SPC, ha ha.

Hoopa

Wow...that sounds... intense.  Kagra's nightmares would be awesome to see happening, cruel and gruesome as it is. I like the music you're thinking of using, they really do seem to match the situations you describe that you will use them in. If this is made into a game... Just one word. Awesome. Anyways, keep working on it and good luck once again.

P.S. Can't wait til tsukihime 2 or the reproduction of tsukihime is out. You? 
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Mion Sonozaki

Oh yeah. One more track I forgot to mention. Chrono Trigger
I'm a huge Yasunori Mitsuda fan. Whether or not I ever make it up there, high in the video game business world and have him compose for me, the man himself loves video game stories with passion put into them.
If I could die trying to get the attention of anyone in the business world, it would have to be legendary composer Yasunori Mitsuda. Though I'm sure he wouldn't get mad for using his music, as since the music will be ported to the GBA, they're technically "remixes" and could be gotten away with being done.

Anyways, it's still a ###ing rom hack. And it's freaking name is after Chrono Trigger. Albeit, it's not a CT fangame, the story will use time as an important plot device, and maybe even time travel if I can fit it into the story well enough (It would make for a sweet gameplay gimmick, but become a pain with scripting..)

But enough of my ranting on my fanboyism.
Imagine boarding a train that will bring you to the open, wide world of adventure after coming to realization of your true goals, cutting the wind with the train's speed and charging forward, pushing to that adventure.
Chrono Trigger is the kind of song I deem to be perfect for that moment and no other.

"Look out world! Here we come!!!"
That's what the song says to me.

Besides, how could I not use a "remix" of it? It'll be like a way of paying tribute :P

:happy:
Quote from: whizkidhvq on 10, March, 2010, 11:45:12 PM
Wow...that sounds... intense.  Kagra's nightmares would be awesome to see happening, cruel and gruesome as it is. I like the music you're thinking of using, they really do seem to match the situations you describe that you will use them in. If this is made into a game... Just one word. Awesome. Anyways, keep working on it and good luck once again.

P.S. Can't wait til tsukihime 2 or the reproduction of tsukihime is out. You?  

As intense (and horrible what my characters go through), I think there is beauty in everything simply because of what they learn in their quest and ultimate confront themselves.
The new final boss concept, though is a scripted battle, is ultimately Kagra simply fighting her own psyche for example, and breaking the centipede inside herself.
I think Shion is a bit more treacherous than Kagra though. I kind of want to have 4 final bosses. One is the normal final boss, and the latter 3 are scripted fights where characters confront the key conflicts of the story.
Shion has to destroy the monster monster she created when she betrayed Shiro, Menlo has to confront god in defense of humanity and life, and Kagra has to break the eternal cycle that dominated herself.

And yes, I can't wait for either of the new Tsukihimes. The more Ciel (and curry) in my life, the better  :happy: