News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

December 21st, 2012

Started by Hoopa, 17, March, 2010, 09:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

Some say this is the day when the world will end, others say it is the day of great awakening for the human race. What do you think will happen on this date?

Personally, I don't think anything will happen and I'll just laugh at the crazies who come out on that day.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Atrius (He/Him)

I believe it's the day that the 394~ year cycle of the Mayan calender of a B'ak'tun restarts.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Rumors like these are always spreading around. Did you hear the one where they predicted something would happen in 2000?

If too many people have faith in something, it just might end up coming true for that very reason. Ofcourse, I strongly doubt the world will end in 2012.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Mion Sonozaki

There won't be a zombie invasion, but a Dead Apostle invasion.

leaf

It'll be the end of the world as we know it... until people find some new "doomsday" date and they all live in fear of that instead.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

Supposedly a planet of an advanced species that created us will pass through our solar system on that day, and they'll attempt to re-enslave us.  So says Scientology.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteThere won't be a zombie invasion, but a Dead Apostle invasion.
Dead Apostles? Did you just make a Tsukihime reference? I think you did.

QuoteI believe it's the day that the 394~ year cycle of the Mayan calender of a B'ak'tun restarts
Why would the Mayan calender of a B'ak'tun restart on December 21st, 2012?

QuoteSupposedly a planet of an advanced species that created us will pass through our solar system on that day, and they'll attempt to re-enslave us.  So says Scientology.
Lol Scientology. Who gives a flying elf (Lol Link with wings!) what they say?

QuotePersonally, I don't think anything will happen and I'll just laugh at the crazies who come out on that day.
I agree with whizkidhvq on this one. Nothing what-so-ever will happen on that day. No Dead Apostles. No angry aliens. And DEFINATELY no end of the world! Who on earth would believe that the world will end in two years!?!? Not me that's for sure.

Mion Sonozaki

Did I mention the sun will burn out and it will be up to some boy with a funny gun that shoots sunlight to save us from being turned into zombies by some vampire chick? That same boy will also have a talking, flying sunflower for a partner.

Also, the world WILL end. But it would have been stopped by now by Chrono, so when it does, we don't even notice it.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Uhhh........I'm just gonna go over there.......WAY over there!!!(Man, has that dood lost it?)

Salanewt

Personally, I agree partially with both Atrius and whizkid. End of solstice and crazy people. After all, we do need some of these crazy people off of the streets, and something like them believing in the end of the world in 2012 might be a good way to get some of the stranger people to stay home for a bit.

I have to say though, there was this one movie that I saw a while back... Very strange. I might talk about it in a later post.

Have a nice day.

Edit: But if the world does end, I want it to end after Christmas, since I want more money! I plan on having at least $5000 in my savings (not yet in bank) by the end of 2012.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

Like I said, the world as we know it will definitely end. But it'll be back again as soon as people find something else to be afraid of for no logical reason.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

MaxiPower

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=629455

Intresting read, may be aload of bollocks but considering the points that they make, well read for yourself

Salanewt

Interesting source, but I noticed that they mention "bloodthirsty Mayans." In my opinion, the Mayans were more developed than even later civilizations, and was one foundation of astrology. They were also a more peaceful race.

Also, it reads in the first line or two "Scientific experts from around the world..." What? Do they classify themselves as experts? This ends my little bit of teasing.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Its important to remember that the world will not last forever, It has been around for absolutely billions of years.... Who really knows the truth? As long as I see the conclusion of Golden Sun DS, I,ll be happy....

talking of that :)

The heavens stormed. The lands quaked. The seas raged. Across the land, people prepared for the end of the world.
The tale spread that this calamity was caused by some unknown soul who had released a forbidden power upon the world. 

Weyard dying, earth dying, QUICK light the lighthouses

Zach

Personally I want it to happen, but I don't believe what I want. It's like this, I WANT that to happen, because that's supposed to be the second coming of Jesus (Bible; Revelation). However, I DONT believe that since the bible states that no man knows the time nor the hour in which the lord is going to appear. But I will say what I know and believe what will happen. I KNOW that that's the day the North an South Poles magnetic fields flips and I BELIEVE that something cataclysmic will happen

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Zach on 18, March, 2010, 09:16:45 PMI KNOW that that's the day the North an South Poles magnetic fields flips and I BELIEVE that something cataclysmic will happen

Everyone's compasses point the wrong direction, and they become hopelessly lost?

Just kidding, of course that would have a much more serious impact on the planet, although I don't believe it has been predicted to an exact date.  Likely that's just the doom's dayers trying to apply an exact cataclysm predicted only to be likely to happen soon to the date the Mayan calender "ends"

Salanewt

Technically, the world as we know it has ended... Over and over again, with new inventions (or new ways of life, new laws, etc.). For example, the world will never be the same as it was before the first Atomic Bomb (not that many of us remember that date or anything). About 30 years ago, it was also very unlikely for a young boy to grow up into a pretty woman, but this is somewhat possible now. So, the world may end and restart with a new idea.

Have a nice day.

Hoopa

Coincidentally, this is the date the planets align...

"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Drick

On this day... December 21st, 2012... It will be... the 21st of december.

Only 4 days 'till Christmas, better finish yer shoppin'.

Menaus

Quote from: Salanewt on 18, March, 2010, 08:49:04 AM
Edit: But if the world does end, I want it to end after Christmas, since I want more money! I plan on having at least $5000 in my savings (not yet in bank) by the end of 2012.

Salanewt what good will money do you if your dead when the world ends?

I agree with Atrius...
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla