News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I found something interesting the other day...

Started by RTGreece21, 25, April, 2010, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTGreece21

...it was an unfinished hack of Pokemon Sapphire. I played around with it yesterday and today (as one of two reasons why I am not as active as I could be). It was interesting. Even though it was a hack of Sapphire, the character you have to be starts in a landslide. The driver had a heart attack inside the truck because he was scared so bad by a landslide that he died. (lol?) There is no where to go but north... to Pewter Town. (At this point, I was like... wasn't it supposed to be a city? And what is Pewter City doing in Pokemon Sapphire?)

I arrived at Pewter to find that they just finished a little safari. Since the character wants to get home and needs a Pokemon, he has to go into the safari to get one. (I guess I did that so my character wouldn't summon a glitchy question mark.) If you try to proceed past Pewter City, you will find rocks that need to be smashed. This means you can't continue unless you beat the gym leader without being able to train the Pokemon! On the bright side though, there are berries and potions and stuff littered all over the place for the finding. The first gym leader was weakened to make it possible to pass. Now I could go south to Pallet Village (WTF?) and check out the farm and laboratory... if half the map was completed. Since it wasn't, I decided to try and go past the Pewter Safari. I then found myself able to get to Slateport City...

So, I was able to figure out that I wasn't anywhere near done yet. There was a notepad document in the folder that gave me the directions to my notebook, in which all the plans were laid out. Pokemon gain levels slower, they could learn a lot more moves that made sense (like anything with teeth can and will learn bite) and I found the plans for all the maps... for Kanto, Johto, Orange Islands, Hoen, and some for Sinnoh... (don't know if I got any of that spelling right).

The best part is that, in the plans, I purposely have a guy in the middle of the ocean near Pallet Village just standing on the water, and he says "I am error." if you talk to him.

In any case, I'm thinking of getting back to it!
If anyone wants to be in it, just tell me what kind of sprite you wanna be, your character's gender, then whether you wanna be a daycare person or a trainer, or whatever else, your Pokemon (if applicable. This includes moves and gender) and what city or route your character will be in.

This will take me a long @#$ time though, because I wanna finish stuff at school and make the GS hack my main priority, so I'll just be doing stuff on it when I have free time at school but no access to internet.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]