News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Clan Requests

Started by Charon, 21, May, 2010, 05:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorion

Can I join the Mars Clan?

Charon

Please fill out the Mars Clan form and deliver it to Griever.

Griever

Ah a new recruit ^_^

Please fill in the following form,

QuoteLet us introduce ourselves first, we are the masters of fire and heat, along with all aspects that derive from those sources. As fire can come in many different forms, from a calm steady blaze to a fierce inferno, we wish to know more about you before you join. So first things first.

Introduce Yourself
Forum Name:
Tell us what type of person you are:
We would like to know your reasons for choosing Mars:

Hacking Knowledge
Do you have any hacking experience? If yes, what projects you worked on? If not, do you plan on learning?
As a group in a game hacking forum we have a clan hack, are you planning on helping with said hack? Yes, how are you planning on helping? If not, please tell us your reasons.

Clan Rules:
Although we are freer in our actions and behavior when it comes to what can and cannot be done, there are still rules that must be followed:
1. We are a neutral clan, therefore clan members will stay out of other clan/forum members fights.
2. We expect you to show the fiery passion that a fellow martian would have. As such, you should have at least 10 relevant posts within a week of joining. Think of it as initiation, showing that you are committed to being a part of the clan and not just hold it as a title.
3. Being inactive for a full month will result in your removal from the clan. To avoid being removed you are expected to inform the clan leader of your absence.
4. As a general forum rule, double posting is not allowed you are expected to edit/modify your posts. The only exception is the Clan Chatting Room topic.
5. Deadlines are important when working on a project. You are expected to follow deadlines.

If you accept our Clan rules, then please send your form as a private message to the current clan leader Griever.

Looking forward to reviewing your answers.

Edit: Seems like he won't -.-

Charon

Actually, you all did break the rules here, because as I've said twenty times before, this is NOT the place to discuss this. This is for clan requests ONLY, not even for a response to a petty fight.

Move it to PM and forward it to me or something.

This is a final warning.

Crystal Sonata

Misery is accepted into the Mercury Clan under the "Neutral (Water)" Aspect.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

It has been decided. Leaf is accepted into Venus.

I must say, the word "leaf" is also Venus material, irony much?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I'm currently (at time of typing) in the Luna 'sub' clan, but I now want to have no clan whatsoever.

Crystal Sonata

Hmm...Kide is accepted under the Luna (Ice) Aspect. I must say, they underestimate themselves greatly, as they were pretty nervous in thinking i wouldn't accept them into the clan :P
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Tan

Right, I never did set my secondary, did I? Can has Luna as secondary clan kthx.
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Griever

Claros Flamestrike is accepted into Mars.
Welcome to the clan.

Edit: I have not seen him online at all the past week. I will probably give him 2 weeks (After Charon lets him onto Mars ;p) and see if he pops in or not.

Crystal Sonata

Due to Charon being busy/not here, I will make a small announcement. I am once again accepting Mercury applications. I have long been off vacation. I have long been asking Charon to change it. If you have any questions about Mercury and/or the aforementioned statement, feel free to PM me. I will be happy to help.

Charon

I genuinely thought I changed it... Oh well. Fix'd.

Crystal Sonata

VizualShocker is accepted into the Mercury Clan by default.

RagnarokEmissary

Just Sol Clan for me. Can't be the Solar Gunslinger without being aligned to Sol.

Crystal Sonata

Mercurylighthouse is accepted into the Mercury Clan, under the Water aspect.

Thunder-squall

Mercury's Form
All questions marked with an Asterisk (*) are required. Any not marked are not.

*Forum Username:
Mercury Aspect (Mist, Water, or Ice):
*Do you plan on participating in the clan hack:
*Can you follow rules well:
*Are you good at making deadlines:
*Are you skilled at ROM hacking and have a copy of some kind of hacking tool:

Please fill out this form and send it to FrozenBlade

There are other requirements such as good forum behavior that will be checked on before approval. Don't expect to be approved if you get into trouble extremely often or are just an all around irritant.

Alright, putting forth my clan request publicly:

I am Thunder-Squall, on the east-coast of the USA.  I don't like the cold, but I like the storm, and even the damp period right after.  My aspects of preference would be mist, and then water.  I plan on participating in the hack to whatever extent the clan-leaders make use of me, but I have never before hacked a rom.  I respect rules because of the law, order, and community they represent, but not merely because they are rules (else I wouldn't be on a hacking site, right?).  I am good at meeting deadlines, and fulfilling my end of community efforts.

As stated before, I have no hacking experience, but have instead taken on the personal challenge to code components that can be put together into an open source, accessible, and easily customized Golden Sun game.  My current project is the basis for overworld map movement, dungeon puzzles, and battles.

Edit:  It wasn't asked, but I suppose I should say that the reasons I'm approaching Mercury first is because of their friendliness, but also their seeming willingness to engage in and pursue their own projects, and include others in the efforts.  I thank Takumi for the initial welcome to the clan-choosing process, and I thank Misery for the prototype hair sprites she made for me.  I'm eager to see the kinds of things you're up to, and I love to help people accomplish things.

Crystal Sonata

I must say, that is the best written application I have ever received.

Thunder-Squall is accepted into the Mercury Clan.

I am not sure where the appropriate place for Clan Member Removals is, but I think this topic will work.

I would like to remove the following people for being 3+ months inactive at GSHC: (I would have probably made it 6 months... but we're 3 months into 2014 and there's only a one member difference, so...)

2013s:
leaf = December 09, 2013, 03:59:01 AM
RTGreece21 = September 21, 2013, 11:49:03 AM
dwkjohn = May 06, 2013, 08:38:31 AM
Salanewt = April 01, 2013, 10:12:10 AM

2012s and earlier:
brstrd = July 15, 2010, 06:10:41 AM
BloodyNeko = July 12, 2010, 07:25:18 PM
Chuck Norris = March 10, 2012, 03:51:33 PM
i_am_isaac = July 17, 2010, 03:48:39 AM
Sajin = November 01, 2010, 12:33:32 PM
SSBMX= September 09, 2011, 01:34:41 PM
felixsrg = December 12, 2012, 04:30:14 PM
KeinoGSTLA = August 03, 2011, 07:43:19 PM
Drick = May 23, 2011, 09:06:07 PM

Hopefully that will clean up the list so that people get a more reliable reading of how active Venus really is...

For the record, after those members above are removed, these are the Venus members we should still have:

Me = Today
MaxiPower = March 08, 2014, 05:20:28 PM
Kingzane = February 19, 2014, 08:40:51 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

It may not be my place to, but I'd humbly suggest letting a year pass before removing members.  Even Atrius barely posts once a month or so.

Isn't that why I separated 2013s from the rest of them?

I strongly doubt Salanewt will come back in that time. (Tomorrow will be 1 year for him. The time he really left was in 2012, though. He used to be very active back then. I assume since then, he only logged in for April Fools... (and made no posts.) ; And from conversations with him a long time ago, it doesn't seem like he'll ever be active here again? (Even if he manages to randomly visit.)) - In fact, this guy would be my second in command, but oh well.. he left.

As for dwkjohn and RTGreece21... I know they were active members at one time... but somehow, I have doubts on their "permanent" returns... (I do remember there was a time dwkjohn left for a long time, and then came back to make 6 posts over a couple months... only to randomly leave again...)

Out of those that I'm removing, leaf is probably the most likely one to return. He was fired from Jupiter once, and it's not like I have a strong connection with him anyway.. so...

They are all welcome to come back when they become active again. (And I might not even require another form to be submitted.) It's not like I'm banning them, just removing them.

Anyway, the last post in Venus was on June 20, 2012, 03:33:48 AM , so I took this into consideration as well. (Just so you know.)

QuoteEven Atrius barely posts once a month or so.
But Atrius is active on the forum quite a few times a week/month, right? Those dates are the last time those members logged into the forum, not the last time they posted.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden