News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

User-Created Badges

Started by Charon, 18, June, 2010, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

2 things - the head isn't really the focus of the picture and the white line around him is distracting. Just offset the picture (or use a different one) and make sure to get rid of the ugly white dots around him and you'll be good.

Kioll

Alright, here's a redo.  I found a better quality version of the same image, made the character more prominent and made the Kirin summon much smaller.  Pepper didn't change.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Charon

Its still hard to see. Kioll should be the emphasis of the image, not the whole thing. He's also really hard to see his lineart and he blends with the background too.

Take a look at this accepted badge:

You can see Rayquaza very clearly. It's for Pokemon Emerald version, but it doesn't really matter that the background is not green, and it makes Rayquaza easy to see. In addition there's nothing else that distracts from Rayquaza, the main focus of the picture.

Now take a look at this badge:

This time the focus is just the Mercury Djinni in the bottom left corner. Even though the background complements the colour scheme, you're still able to see the Mercury Djinni clearly.

A last example:

This image actually has two focuses, but they don't distract from eachother. The text is easy to read and doesn't get in the way of the main picture. Try doing something like this with the little Mars djinni. So have Kioll's whole profile, with maybe even some of his chest, and having the Mars djinni covering the least important corner. Personally, I'd remove Kirin outright.

I hope this clears things up a bit. It's hard to make your first badge, but you'll get the hang of it.

leaf

I agree with removing kirin. Put the mars djinni in the upper left corner and maybe try to fade it out a little so it isn't so dominant. That way it would look like it's just hovering over his shoulder, rather than running forward yelling "HEY LOOK AT ME!"
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Shinigami

The next load of badges is going to take a long time to create... sorry...
Well over 20... maybe 30 even...

And I just noticed that TvTropes has fan art of almost? all of them!
So nanoka~

Rolina

I don't know about personal badges... but if we do have member specific badges, I think they should require the member's permission.   I also think they should cost more than a standard badge, like as much as the video on the profile thing.  After all, having general badges is one thing, but... badges for specific members is...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Suppose I attempt to omit the background?

I mean like this as an example:

EDIT: Adding Dahlia Hawthorne. (I have a feeling it may need to be slightly edited.)
EDIT 2: Added Franziska von Karma! (If it is slightly to the left, just note that I tried to completely omit the background.)
EDIT 3: Yay. Now we have Phoenix Wright the pianist.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Sorry for double posting, but I have 4 more badges.

Er.. Make that 5.

EDIT: New: Lana Badge!

- Yeah, I know... But I have made this badge to see who would actually buy him.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Charon

All look good.

Lol spongebob badge.

Won't be putting them up today because I HAVE A ESSAY TO WRITE RAWR but I won't hold them off for like...4 months lol like last time.

That sounds okay, I guess. I have created ten more.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Charon

They're good to me.

I'm not uploading them for a while though. Its not something to do with you, but its something I'd rather not talk about at this time.

In the meantime mind uploading a zip so its easier for me to gather the files? Thanks.

Okay.

All 21 accepted badges here. The "Teawater - November 2011" set. Until I make more.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

It has been a while since I last uploaded a badge myself, so I decided to make one based on Wild Cherry!

- Wild Cherry

Hurray for music!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Well, looks like I have decided to start my December collection, yay.

Featuring winter badges!

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Shinigami

As a replacement for the current elemental badges how about...

So nanoka~

Rolina

Those look far better than the current elemental symbol badges.  I agree that they should replace them. Plus, now we'd have fundamental ones, too. ^-^

Aile~♥

I actually prefer the current ones, to be honest. That's not to say those are bad or anything, though.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

The current ones are screen rips - these are from an official source.

Salanewt

Er, but aren't the screenshots technically from an official source too? Either way, I wouldn't mind having access to both sets if I ever decide to buy another badge.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Screenshots are messy, while official pics are typically more crisp... it's an issue of quality here.  There's also the fact that the screenshots are taken from the battles background, which doesn't even have consistent colors, since they do a kind of color swirl thing.  These are more regular than the ones we have now.