News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Karst and Agatio?

Started by HyperMushrambo, 02, August, 2010, 12:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperMushrambo

Hey I looked through the topics and I didn't SEE this but I have a feeling it's probably been asked, and I am sorry if it has been.
I was fiddling with this epic editor and I was wondering, can it be used to basically replace Felix, Jenna, Sheba, and Piers with Karst, Agatio, Saturos, and Menardi? Including battle sprites? I saw the video with the Kraden battle sprite which left me confused. Can you change your characters' battle sprites, and overworld sprites? I can't seem to figure out how to switch sprites around or anything like that. I'm sure I'm just being dense but this program really confuses me so I'm sorry. I was really hoping to run a playthrough with Agatio as the main, Karst replacing Sheba, and from there if Saturos and Menardi's sprites can't be used since they're from the first game I'd work something else out. I hope you can help me.
Thanks.

leaf

This functionality hasn't been implemented into the officially released editor yet.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

HyperMushrambo

Oh I see. Thank you. That's a shame, maybe sometime soon though :)

Also: I'm confused about the class editing. When I look at the class, Squire for example, it says it requires Venus level of 5! Shouldn't that be 0 or 1 since it's a base class? It's all a bit confusing, the numbers say 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13, but I know it requires 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8 djinni to get there. Am I missing something?
Has anyone posted a guide for this part because the guide doesn't mention this.

Rolina

Don't see why you'd want to do it, though.  You'd have essentially 4 mars adepts, and they'd all be stuck with the same classes as a result.

Also, element levels =/= djinni.  Djinni boost element levels by one each, but if you look at the stats on the adepts, you'll see that the element values have three single digit values and one two digit value.  That tens digit?  That's the base element level.  It's 5 in the base code.  We've tried to separate Felix and Isaac by manipulating that number, but it turns out we can't do it like that.  We've since learned how to manipulate classes and what some of the values mean, but we still need a patch to have two teams with two different sets of classes.

HyperMushrambo

I see, thank you for explaining it. I'm still not positive if I understand it all but  :Sweat: it does make more sense than it did.

As to the 4 adept thing, I think I'd give each of them custom classes, maintaining their already established powers and giving them new ones as well. Each adept would have his/her own abilities. I don't mind working with just one class especially if I designed it.

Atrius (He/Him)

You will be able to switch your party member's battle sprites in the next version of the editor.  Unfortunately since many enemy battle sprites use an incompatible compression format they will not be available.  It also doesn't look like I'll be able to get it so that their overworld sprites can be changed until complete sprite editing/replacing is available in the editor.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 03, August, 2010, 02:07:33 AM
You will be able to switch your party member's battle sprites in the next version of the editor.  Unfortunately since many enemy battle sprites use an incompatible compression format they will not be available.  It also doesn't look like I'll be able to get it so that their overworld sprites can be changed until complete sprite editing/replacing is available in the editor.
Speaking of which...

It's been what... 1.5 years, at least?  Any news on the progress, Atrius?

Atrius (He/Him)

As you know my main computer's been out of commission for a while now, but I did get a replacement the day before yesterday.  I'm still working on getting it set up, and sorting out affairs that need taking care of since I've been away from civilization the past three weeks.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

Screw civilization, the editor is more important! *brick'd*
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina