News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Defining Special Enemy Abilities

Started by zach, 25, May, 2009, 09:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

Well, thanks to Role's infinite curiosity, curiosity has been born in me, so I just decided to make a thread about some psynergies (i.e "Ally Search") with the same effects as their name depicts and how some differ when used by your allies. Some of you may or may not find this thread useful.

500 Threaten - When an enemy uses it, they switch between differents movesets IF they have multiple movesets. When an ally uses it, nothing happens and you waste a turn

503 Speed Surge - When an enemy uses it, it makes itself divide and a new enemy (the same one) will appear. When an ally uses it on an enemy, it makes a harmless vermin (whoses name is just a space) appear. However, if you use it enough, then the dead enemy that you used it on will appear (even still, they're harmless).

504 Ally Search - Same effects as Speed Surge, however, instead of dividing, the enemy looks for an ally and is not necessarily the same.

508 Battle Cry (Note: The ally part has been used on multiple enemies, but I've only had a Wild Wolf use a Battle Cry, so this section will probably and most likely be edited later) - When used by an enemy (in this case a Wild Wolf), it makes the same enemy appear. When an ally uses it, it makes the enemy that it was used it, appear

667 Clarion Cry - Same effects of Mystic Call

708 Regen Dance - Despite who's using it, a dead enemy is revived (if an enemy was killed, otherwise it will have no effect), even if you cast it on yourself.

725 Mystic Call (Note: This move has already been covered, but is still being posted for clarity) - Despite who's using it, a Sea Fighter appear

730 - Element Swap - Same effects as Threaten

733 - Same effects as Threaten and Element Swap

Note: This is incomplete and will be edited gradually.

Moves that needs to be tested
----------------------------------
499 Contain
501 Tremble (I think this has been tested before)
505 Sidestep

Crucible is what Vaulkar uses to use your summons against you.

Rolina

Threaten, element swap, and Pressure are used to switch between different movesets for the monsters that have multiple movesets (Poseidon, Dullahan, and Doom Dragon).

Matrim

IIRC, regen dance is used by wonder birds to revive fallen teammates

Zach

Quote from: Role on 26, May, 2009, 03:42:00 AMThreaten, element swap, and Pressure are used to switch between different movesets for the monsters that have multiple movesets (Poseidon, Dullahan, and Doom Dragon).

Thanks Role. Since I'm doing effects for enemies and allies, I also have to do allies too for Crucible (other 3 didn't work with allies, but i know why now) but I'll just do that myself (and i probably won't get any results <.<)

Quote from: jdmj90 on 26, May, 2009, 08:07:00 PMIIRC, regen dance is used by wonder birds to revive fallen teammates

Thank you, but I wonder how that'll play out for an ally.........

Rolina

Yeah, those abilities won't work at all for allies, so it takes a bit of intuition to figure out what they do.  Since those three abilities share an effect, and are present in the ONLY ENEMIES with multiple movesets... yeah.  Only makes sense.  As for Crucible, it's unique to the guy who uses summons against you... and there's only like 8 attack options for an opponent.  How can he summon so many different type of summons?  Oh, THAT must be how!

@mystic call:  This depends on the enemy.  Default is sea fighter, but when used by certain enemies (like the star magician), other things appear.  It MAY also work not by certain enemies, but instead by certain fights.

Charon

Maybe some unknown values denotate the monster set summoned?...

Does Crucible fail if an ally uses it, or does it act are regularly - using the highest level summon available?