News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Empires needs your help!

Started by Rolina, 15, September, 2010, 08:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

GSE Project has been canceled.

Rolina

Salanewt

I have an idea for a Mercury summon, Tethys. However, I have different sources with slightly different information. One source says that she was in power of what Posiedon controlled after her, while another says that she controlled the fresh-water supply in the major rivers known in Ancient Greece (one of which was the Nile). Here is my idea for her based on what I have read elsewhere.

Tethys: The embodiment of the sea, this titan goddess has the ability to control the currents of water to circulate the oceans, clean the coasts, and replenish the fresh-water of the world.

Garments: Long robes with a winged tiara. No weapon or armour. I suppose her hair could be changed to a bluish tint if needed.

Animation: Huge waves enter the screen from the left and right sides, sweeping over the enemies. At the same time, some of the moisture restores the party.

Effect: Base damage = 15-20% (not sure exactly where), party absorbs about 15-25% of damage (again, not sure about the section).

So, how does this look for Tethys? I tried to incorporate the information that I found from both sources, although I am not fully sure if all of what I found was correct.

Have a nice day.

Edit: From the way things look, anywhere from 3-5 Mercury djinn (depending on how you want to use the values, or which ones you want to use). Also, she is purely Mercury according to the sources, although I can see where you might be able to fit another element in.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Hoopa

How about Aphrodite? She could appear and inflict the charm status. You know... with floating pink hearts and such.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I noticed that after the post. I suppose it could just be pure damage then. As for the second element, we can also look at other things with the same name. So far, we have a prehistoric ocean (already Mercury), but we also have the moon, Tethys. Would it be possible to attribute an element based on either a star or a moon?

Have a nice day.

Edit: I like your binding suggestion, from the chatbox. It would suit Tethys well (although the type of binding could be a bit confusing).

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Only mono-elementals are pure damage, though.

Star or moon?  Why, JUPITER, OF COURSE!  Okay, I'm editing her in now.

Salanewt

Cool. Also, I know that the Roman equivalent of him is already used as the Mars element itself, but what about Ares? Considering he is the god of war (and has a Greek name), could he be used as a Mars summon? Basically, he comes into view, forces his sword into the ground beside the enemies to cause an explosion, and leaves. I can see at least 2 :Mars: and either 1 :Jupiter: or :Venus:. Not sure what the secondary effect would be though.

Edit: Removed Aphrodite to save her for a later post (credit to Whizkid for giving me ideas on how Aphrodite could look for her animation).

Also, wasn't "Styx" named Charon in Golden Sun?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Charon happens to be the Trickster Goddess of Luna in GSHC lore - the lore conflict forced the change.  She's an optional superboss, not a summon.

Similar with Meteor - in NO WAY is it mythological.  Vulcan is, and via GS BS, the "Meteor", it turns out, was an egg... with a Cosmic Space Dragon inside!  Basically, imagine a Red Fusion Dragon in place of the meteor, as if using Outer Space. 

I want to avoid Duplicate Deities - So no Athena, no Aphrodite, no Hermes, no Ares, and no Zeus for starters.

Salanewt

Okay, good to know (although my idea for Aphrodite was like a Venus Coatlicue, but it probably is not needed right now). I am trying to think of some ideas that are not Roman or Greek, although my ideas are slim right now. I suppose I can get back to you later with ideas.

Have a nice day.

Edit: I have an idea! It has several names, but the one that I will present is Kanmare. Kanmare is basically known in English as the Rainbow Serpent, and was an Australian aboriginal belief for quite some time. The only problem is that I think it is Mercury based (in control of the supply of water), and it was often looked to for healing (says sources). It is associated with the Rainbow. The only problem with the snake is that there are very few records of it compared to what other societies or groups believed in.

Rolina

Ah, I see.  Well, the Venus Coatlique grants the "FreshSpring" status, which causes bad effects to disappear twice as fast (duration is half of normal, rounded to the nearest whole number).  So keep that in mind when looking for a cute chick to grant the benefit. XD

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hades - God of the dead.

Earth and Fire

Animation: The ground opens up (maybe? He is from the underworld, afterall.), and Hades comes up to cast fire.

Special Effect: Chance for Death Status?

The icon could be a skull or something..?

As for visual appearance... uhh..

Maybe?

Hopefully I didn't leave anything out, though.. if you can't use Death Status.. maybe Haunt or something would work.

Not sure where this would fit in the Summons list, but... well atleast I tried.. oh well...

On another note, I want to congratulate y'all on the work y'all have done so far.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Hellfire.  I rather like that idea.  Yay!  A NON-DRAGON MARS SUMMON!

Though, death is Charon Styx's shtick.  4x Reaper basically means that there's a chance for death, but also a chance for 3 turn reaper, 2 turn reaper, and 1 turn reaper.

We have Delude/Blind and many stat reductions still, perhaps one of those?

Also, what do you think of a black/hellish flame?

Hoopa

Alright then... how about Balder? He would appear and grant his summoner some of his protection. So for the animation... kind of like an aura envelops the person? It would grant something like Wall or Barrier.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Hoopa

It's a Norse god (I think...) and a son of Odin. I dunno about dnd... I don't do tabletop rpgs.

MaxiPower

The biggest name in irish myth (even more popular than Dullahan) (That is if your open to a wider range of cultural myths.

1 Deimne (otherwise or more widley known as Fionn mac Cumhaill) pronounced, Finn Mac Cool

Earth and Wind

Animation: several warriors appear in a circle around the enemy with Fionn standing tallest)

icon: Warriors Helmet or a sword

I like this bit of his story:

Accounts of Fionn's death vary; according to the most popular, he is not dead at all, rather, he sleeps in a cave below Dublin, surrounded by the rest of the Fianna clan. One day they will awake and defend Ireland in the hour of her greatest need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fionn_mac_Cumhaill

Rolina

Baldur's Gate is what thinking of.  It's based in D&D.

Anywho, I'll need more info on him to know what to do.  Ditto on his pops.

@Maxi:  Really?  It's more popular?  Because I've heard of Dullahan, but not of this guy.  The dood's a total enigma to me.  Sounds like a King Aurthur Expy, though - since he'll return during the hour of Brittain's greatest need, according to legend.  Still, worth looking into - if not for a summon, then DEFINITELY for equipment.  If Aurthur is Jupiter and Odysseus is Mars, that leaves two more elements to represent great heroes of epic legend...

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 15, September, 2010, 07:33:32 PM
Baldur's Gate is what thinking of.  It's based in D&D.

Anywho, I'll need more info on him to know what to do.  Ditto on his pops.

@Maxi:  Really?  It's more popular?  Because I've heard of Dullahan, but not of this guy.  The dood's a total enigma to me.  Sounds like a King Aurthur Expy, though - since he'll return during the hour of Brittain's greatest need, according to legend.  Still, worth looking into - if not for a summon, then DEFINITELY for equipment.  If Aurthur is Jupiter and Odysseus is Mars, that leaves two more elements to represent great heroes of epic legend...

depends were ya from like, like i never knew Dullahan was from irish culture till not long ago after a GS search, but everyone in Ireland is told stories of Fionn mac Cumhaill and even Cú Chulainn. So if ya get me, to us they are best known names but outside not much. The american band Dropkick Murphys did a song The legend of finn maccumhail whilst the film boondocks saints main theme is entitled Blood of Cú Chulainn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuchulainn

Rolina

Cú Chulainn I know from FFT and FF12, but I didn't know of Fionn.  The Poison Esper.  I suspect it suffers from Shiva Syndrome.

Still, linking me to a Wiki article does nothing.  I see wall of text, remember I haven't slept in 24 hours, and close the tab.  I need Cliffnotes here.