News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Explain a feature request

Started by Atrius, 31, October, 2010, 03:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Until I get around to making a new guide, it's probably a good idea to have somewhere for me to explain new features that people are having difficulty understanding.  So post here to request explanations of things your having difficulty with in the new editor.

Class editor, auto & party 2 check boxes
These check boxes are used to automatically set the type value to the left of them.  The "Party 2" setting works with the "Auto" one, so if you have "Auto" unchecked the "Party 2" box will have absolutely no effect, you'll have to set the type value manually.  The type value for party members 4-7's classes have 20 added to them.  Additionally, the "Party 2" box will only appear if you have the class separation patch enabled under code patches.

Enemy battle sprites can't be used in many places, including as party member battle sprites
Unfortunately many enemy sprite sets are compressed in a way that the game is only programmed to decompress if they're used as enemy battle sprites.  Although these sprites are highlighted in red you can still select them, and the editor will save your selection correctly, unfortunately the game itself just doesn't decompress them at all unless they are used for an enemy in battle.  Once sprite editing comes, you'll be able to convert these sprites to a more friendly format for use in other areas of the game.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

SSBMX

How about a guide on the text editor and events
When I talk about the text editor I mean like the different numbers in the brackets and what they mean.

Atrius (He/Him)

I don't really have a list compiled at the moment, there are explanations for many of them spread across this topic though.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

SSBMX