News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)

Started by Hoopa, 01, December, 2010, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

EPA stands for Elemental Physical Attack. Moves like Ragnarok and Heat Wave are EPAs.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Menaus

Guys, just because a developer puts something in a game, doesn't mean its automatically right. I'm not saying I agree with Role, though.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Aile~♥

Care to explain that logic to me? If it's in the game, it's canon. It is automatically right if it's in the game, unless Word of God later says it isn't.

Salanewt

Karis did die though. Funny too, but she was possessed right after I used Chasm on my team. None of my other party members died, but I had one or two summons that I was just using up at that point. Needless to say, I killed her on the turn that she was possessed (better than Matthew, who still had the Sol Blade equipped).

In this playthrough, I forget. It was a little bit lower than that, like 26-28 or something.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Also, it turns out that you can end the second final battle (Chalis, Chaos Hound, and Blados) in either two or three ways. Two known ways are if you kill just the Hound, or if you kill Blados and Chalis (but let the Hound live). Nothing really changes if you do though. I want to try killing all three of them, but I doubt that anything will happen either.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Frog

I'd doubt anything would happen...

When I versed it I tried to focus solely on Blados at first, and actually ended up killing Chaos Hound first by accident...
And I found my team always rather under leveled, they were like 5 levels lower than Sveta when we first got her, than 8 or so the second time, with Himi it was around 12 or 15 levels difference!
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Salanewt

That happened to me as well, except that the levels were a bit closer to each new character. In the end, the original members ended up becoming my stronger ones.

Also, what would Himi's dragon summons be considered? Her base classes seem to make her a mage, so...

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Awec

Did anyone else find Shell the hardest djinn to get? (Gaia Falls islet)
I mean seriously, I didn't even think I could reach the grip stones until for some reason trying again what I tried before worked.

Also, where was I supposed to go before Izumo? For some reason I can't progress at all in the cave behind Uzume's grave/tomb. (And seriously, I swear the cutscene where she speaks to you is unnecessarily creepy.)

One last thing; is there any way to get back into Kaocho palace after the trap door opens and you fall into the Ouruboros? I've just been back there and found the door locked. (And I didn't even get a chance to explore it the first time around.)

Actually, one more thing - what's in the chest on top of the Belinsk palace? Can you get to it at all or is it just there to explain something else.

I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Salanewt

I found Shell really easy, but there was one wild one in the Eclipsed area near Tonfon that I found hard. Of course, when all of your characters are over level 43, the Eclipse monsters tend to do less damage to you.

Oh, you have to go through the game until you get the second orb (like the blue one that Sveta's brother gave you). After that, you can activate the tablets.

There is never any way to get back there after you fall. Even when the Eclipse has started, the door is sealed from the other side. You can still talk to all of the skeletons on the outside, which is an effective way to find out about all of Kaocho's children. Also, did you go to the top left house and get the Grandmother's Gift? You can get Ninja Sandals if you started that mini-quest. If not, then...

It isn't much really. I think it might be an item of some sort, if I recall correctly. You can indeed open it, if you use "Slap" on a bell in one of the hallways. The guard will be distracted, allowing you to open the door that he was guarding.

And now I have a question. Other than seeing some interesting lines beforehand, can you rescue Eoleo before the princess-girl? I started running up the stairs, and this lady was like "It isn't my job, but shouldn't you rescue the princess before the pirate?" I was just about to go to Eoleo, when the girl's brother (the one who activated the Alchemy Dynamo) said "You wouldn't really choose a pirate over my sister, would you?" I wanted to say "Yes" instead of "No," to see what the lines would be (after all, I rescued her before Eoleo in my first playthrough). Unfortunately, I pressed No.

Can I actually rescue Eoleo first, or did they do that just for character development?

Have a nice day.

thenightsshadow

So, I think I'm screwed.  Party Level is about Level 41, and I didn't save before facing Ancient Devil.  (didn't know)

Anyways, he steals Rief, and so every turn that Rief isn't unleashing Heartbreaker he's using Pure Ply or my Summons.

Currently, I managed to fight back so that it's Turn 14, Coatlicue active on Matthew, Karis, and Sveta, (Amiti died during the turn I summoned her :( ).  Any pointers?

(Btw, I love how most everything I had planned for my hack is IN Dark Dawn.)
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Salanewt

Sorry, I had a really strong team by then. I mean, I had my fair share of Tua Warriors and Great Dragons before getting Iris, so I had her before even getting to him (and Catastrophe was my last summon). He also took Karis, who (besides having over 20 Luck) was not the most special character at the time.

Also, that is pretty cool too. There were even things that I had planned, and I usually plan for Mario based games over anything else.

Oh yeah, please wish me luck! I am going to kill the final bosses using only Attack (so no psynergy, djinn, summons, or items). My team is 50+ though, so I should do it. I might try to get 55+ beforehand though. There are enough Tua Warriors up here, I might as well.

Also, level 50 Eoleo as a War Adept has over 1000 HP (or mine does at least). I still prefer Karis and Sveta over him though.

Have a nice day.

thenightsshadow

Never mind.  I beat him at Level 41.  Abusing Coatlicue was the only way to get myself back on track.  It was hard, especially since Rief got exchanged for Sveta.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Aile~♥

Keep. Sveta. In. The BACK! Wait, can he just use Summons randomly? Without having to use Djinn first?

Anyway, my strategy would be to keep everyone using somewhat inferior weaponry, and just beat on the Demon with single-target base damage and EPAs like Eoleo's Dragon Fume (at least, I think Eoleo has the Fume series). Maybe alternating between Ground and Petra would be a good way of keeping your party member from attacking while you hit the boss.

Menaus

FYI I haven't beat the game, and after I read [spoiler]"Karis did die"[/spoiler] I thought "holy crap, why isn't that in spoiler tags?
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Aile~♥

That was because she died when fighting the Ancient Demon. Not plot-wise, just in-battle.

Salanewt

Yeah, and my team was responsible for it.

And if you can, you should assault as many Tua Warriors as you can with standard attacks. I can kill them all after one or two turns, and it is really fun (especially for how much experience I get). After one hour, my team managed to become level 68+ (from the previous 61+). You are pretty much guaranteed a Water of Life for each battle too, and they are so easy to kill.

And after I finish my homework today, I think I will try to kill the final boss again. No psynergy, no using djinn/summons (they will be set though), and no items.

Have a nice day.

Griever

Hmm i still haven't fought any battle that was hard to the point where one of the characters dies ...... btw sala I'm stuck at the blue lighthouse like tower ...... i will have to finish that after my exams  :sad:

Btw my party average level is 34 is that good or low for me? i usually rush and end up with under leveled party.

Salanewt

I have only had that for the optional bosses (oh, and a final boss). I kind of wish that I could rebattle the optional bosses, since it would be pretty cool to just practice on them.

That is pretty good for where you are, since Himi joins at level 35 when you make it to Yamata. I think you still have a level or two that you will gain before you get her though, unless you have already worked on that level a bit.

Have a nice day.

Charon

Just got Himi.

PS: Reveal is a piece of annoying crap now.

PSS: also love how that what is obviously Japan (to the point where I could pinpoint major cities's locations) everyone speaks English

Menaus

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 08, December, 2010, 12:20:42 AM
That was because she died when fighting the Ancient Demon. Not plot-wise, just in-battle.

DUUUUH

Sorry, I wasn't really following the conversation...

Salanewt

QuotePS: Reveal is a piece of annoying crap now.

No kidding. The circle of 6 means nothing now, and the new version take more than 5 seconds to finish because of the animation (assuming that there is nothing hidden, because hidden objects increase it even more). It does not even work when trying to find items in jars or barrels anymore either. It is the Lense of Truth, it is just that Himi does not need to go to Hyrule to use it.

[spoiler=Lense of Truth]

See? Three spikes on top, one on the bottom (near the handle), and the eye in the middle.[/spoiler]

Yeah, Japan is fun. I kind of liked some of the ancient Asian empires/civilizations too, such as Ayutthaya. I also see a spot where Indra would fit, to be like India in Asia. Oh yeah, did you get the random Mars djinni there? You have to go around the old Gaia Rock/Mt. Mikage to get to it.

Hehe, it happens to everyone sometimes.

Have a nice day.