News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Mars Clan Hack - Power of Fire

Started by Griever, 12, December, 2010, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griever

First our hack will be simple, the characters will be edited and will have new base classes with different stats, meaning they might not have the same use as before. Psynergy will be more powerful, and will be empowered by weapons. The base elements in our hack will be changed as well to those related to fire.

:Mars: Psynergy naming is changed, you will notice that all psynergy in a series are named the same name. The reason is simple, think about it this way, when you learn a new skill for example drawing, the more you draw the more experience you have in that field. Psynergy is the same if i might say, since we cannot have a character over learn a new psynergy when they level up, all psynergy in the same series are named the same name.  :Mars:

Since we can not change Venus, Jupiter and Mercury djinn to raise fire elemental power (heard that we need to change the code for that), the psynergy will still have the Venus, Jupiter and Mercury icons along with Mars. This might be changed in future versions.

Things to look up to:
1. Elements will be a combination of an element and Mars, meaning:
   a) Venus + Mars will be Magma/Volcano.
   b) Jupiter + Mars will be fire storm, this might be confusing but it's the widespread use of flames, fireballs ect.
  c) Mercury + Mars will be Steam and flowing fire.
  d) Pure Mars well this will focus on excessive flames and fire (ex: Flare series).

2. Classes will be changed to reflect the new elemental theme. Base classes will have new class names and psynergies.
3. Class bonuses now have a total of 610%.
4. Character stats have been changed to reflect there new role.
5. Psynergy will be more useful now since it gets a boost on power and is further increased through weapons.
6. Expect harder bosses, since they will get boost to there stats and will give more EXP and Coin.
7. Warrior types will have access to three weapon types while Mages will have access to two only.

Isaac: Long Sword, Light Blade and Axe.
    Felix: Long Sword, Light Blade and Mace.
    Garet: Long Sword, Light Blade and Axe.
    Jenna: Light Blade and Staff.
    Ivan: Light Blade and Staff.
    Sheba: Mace and Staff.
    Mia: Mace and Staff.
    Piers: Long Sword, Light Blade and Mace.

8. Weapons will now boost elemental power and Armor will boost elemental resistance.

Long Sword: Venus + Mars
    Light Blade: Venus + Mars + Jupiter
    Axe: Venus + Mars
    Mace: Mercury
    Staff: Mercury + Jupiter

Heavy Armor: Venus + Mars + Mercury
    Light Armor: Venus + Mars + Mercury + Jupiter
    Robes: Mars + Mercury + Jupiter

9. Djinn names will be changed in order to reflect the new theme. Djinn effects will be changed but will still reflect the djinn name.

10. New weapon type will be added, the Glove which will be a Venus and Mars only weapon. It will not be added to the shop (in the future) and will stay as a drop only type.

11. New sprites for the characters (after the sprite editor is released) that will reflect the new FIRE theme.

12. Classes (non-base) will be re-created with different multipliers and psynergies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  :MarsStar: This Means already done.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:idea: Move psynergy now can be used in battle as well as on the field  :!:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

A new psynergy for Isaac ....... Piledrive and Magma Meteor  !!!!!!
Piledrive is an EPA with delusion effect.
Magma Meteor is a pure damage EPA.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

New psynergy for Felix ....... Leavateinn and Fire Stone !!!!!
Leavateinn breaks the EPA single target rule as it's upgrade has a range of ALL.
Fire Stone is a pure base damage psynergy.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

New psynergy for Garet ....... Holy Fire and Phoenix Inferno (Is shortened to Inferno due to long name)
Holy Fire is a pure damage EPA.
Inferno is a damage psynergy best used against groups of enemies.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Jenna's new psynergy ...... Spirit Rage and Fear Charm
Spirit Rage is the replacement for the Fume series and has a possibility of decreasing resistance.
Fear Charm is a debuff to reduce agility by half.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Ivan's new psynergy ...... Fire Bullet and Paralysis Flame
Fire Bullet is Ivan's single target psynergy and best used against bosses.
Paralysis Flame is a unique psynergy with the effect to paralyze a group of enemies for 1 turn.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Sheba's new psynergy ...... Searing Edge and World Aflame
Searing Edge will be Sheba's main attacking psynergy due to low attack power.
World Aflame is the strongest area damaging psynergy.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Mia's new psynergy ...... Frigid Flame and Fiery Vigor
Frigid Flame is Mia's only offensive Psynergy and each tier has a different effect.
Fiery Vigor is her single target healing and it might heal for double the usual amount.
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Piers's new psynergy ..... Nightmare and Vengeance.
Nightmare is an EPA with the special effect of HP absorption
Vengeance is a special psynergy with the effect or doubling the damage.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Here is a link to the first video of the hack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_E8a_Xyhcw

Errors and bugs that we already know about:
1. Classes for party 2, as they will not be able to use any other class other than there own base.
2. Some weapons have no use in the beginning of the game. Patch v1.2
3. Soul Burn's animation is meant for a single target psynergy, this will be fixed. Patch v1.2
4. Red Demon in battle sprite appears as a hand due to the Move psynergy replacing the sprite.

Credit/Thanks for:
Whizkidhv for editing Felix and Sheba.
ScottTheAdept for editing Isaac, Ivan and Mia.
Gareth and Thelinil for helping with the hack.
Role for her editor templates.

Here we will keep a list of our patch updates:

Newest Update: Golden Sun - Power of Fire V1.2 patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?ic6scb4wzl4lvdx

Golden Sun - Power of Fire V1 patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?nhfjee0tec7h210
Golden Sun - Power of Fire V1.1 patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?d2y88xcrfst8ti5

Salanewt

Nice, I look forward to the Mars Clan Hack.

Oh yeah, how are you going to work out djinn names?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

At the moment, we are not gonna edit djinn or there names. But that will be in the future version since i have it in mind ^_^.
Also since i finished exams, i can work more on the hack.

D2J

-Where You Gonna Get Saturos And Menardi Battle Sprites??? Cause I'm Making A Hack And I Need Saturos.

Awec

Garet without an axe? That's a weird thought.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Griever

Yah i know .. since that's his signature weapon ..... might change it ... since we still haven't decided on them yet.

QuoteWhere You Gonna Get Saturos And Menardi Battle Sprites??? Cause I'm Making A Hack And I Need Saturos.

I don't really understand this. We are not gonna have them in the party if that's what you mean.

D2J

Aile~♥

@D2J: Wrong topic. Also, Saturos' battle sprite is still in GS2, if that's what you mean. Go ahead and look. It really is there. So's Menardi's.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

D2J

Griever

OK this is starting to bother me, D21 WE ARE NOT GOING TO ADD SATUROS TO THE HACK and that's final. Now if you do not mind take this discussion somewhere else and leave this topic for the Hack related things to discuss.

Griever

Hi guys, sorry for the double post.

This is a video with the new psynergy. I used Felix, Isaac, Jenna and Garet since they are the ones that i tested. I will upload another video for Ivan, Sheba, Mia and Piers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_E8a_Xyhcw

For download video is AVI. Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?i7wiebuihazgzzr

Hope you like it.

Salanewt

It looks good, although I am a bit curious as to why Isaac has two psynergy slots with Move. Overall, it seems pretty good so far.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

All psynergy have the same name.
First Move has lower power than the second one.
First Move learned at level 5 second at level 21 ><

Hoopa

Quote from: DarkGriever on 02, January, 2011, 04:52:13 PM
All psynergy have the same name.
First Move has lower power than the second one.
First Move learned at level 5 second at level 21 ><

Correction. All Psynergy in the same series have the same name.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

Oh, I understand it now (I mean, I was starting to get confused at the Phoenix Rock series as well, not to mention some of the others).

Have a nice day.

Griever

Phoenix Rock? hey i don't remember adding this one >< i think you mean Phoenix Inferno

Salanewt

Oh yes, that one. I mixed it up with Fire Stone. Anyway, I have subscribed to the channel now, as I look forward to watching more updates on the hack (I should probably register to a few more channels now, shouln't I?).

Have a nice day.

Griever

Cool, hopefully the new video will be worth it too ^_^
And yes i say do subscribe .... like Atrius's channel

Crystal Sonata

Hey if you send me a patch of what you have done so far i can help out since im up most nights. just PM it or post it in my thread.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Griever

The patch will be released soon. Now we are only testing for errors and such.

Here is the second Video for the second set of characters, enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wxiazbwqnif34

We will upload to youtube as well so if you don't want to download the file wait for the link to be posted.

Thanks and enjoy.