News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

This snow has got to stop.

Started by Rolina, 19, December, 2010, 02:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Seriously, though I'm trying to leave the tab open, I have to close it because the snow lags the hell out of my computer.  I can't be the only one it affects, either.  I know you're trying to be festive and all, but either give the option to turn it off, or just drop it all together, because it's just too taxing on my computer.  I mean, seriously, it's taking my computer several seconds to catch up with my typing.

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Kain

Third.  I stated this in the C-Box yesterday, good lord.  I like it, it's festive.  But damn does it make the computer slow.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Menaus

It slows my computer down as well, could it please be turned off?
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Atrius (He/Him)

Pshh... Freaking Java, there's a reason I hate it.

Disabled until I can add an option to toggle it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kain

Thanks Atrius.  Site loads faster and it doesn't lag anymore.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

MaxiPower

was i the only one with no lag lol

Griever

Most likely .. although after the alternation it was ok with me.

Hoopa

No, I didn't have any either... The forums worked fine for me.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Atrius (He/Him)

There we go, I added an option "Profile" > "Look and Layout Preferences" > "Disable special graphical effects"
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]