News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Public Work Requests

Started by Charon, 20, December, 2010, 09:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

For the price of at least three (3) coins, members can do work for you.

Are there any major rules?
Not many, but these are put in place to ensure the system works efficiently.

1.) Upon posting a request, please post how many coins will be offered for the request. The request may be accepted by anyone, but before any transaction occurs both parties must be notified of who is doing what. The minimum number of coins for a charge is three - this is motivation for the other party to complete the task.
2.) No requests for anything against the forum rules, such as PMing ROM files or the such.
3.) Don't forget that you can also do requests via PM, but these cannot be verified, and thus no coins will be rewarded.
4.) Once a task is completed, post it in this thread, and I will allot the appropriate coins.
5.) Do NOT give coins because the person has chosen to complete your request. That's my job.
6.) Updates should be posted regularly to keep the requester informed, once a week will be just fine.
7.) If there is a complaint, please PM me about it. If someone backs out of a request, they must notify the other party in-topic within two weeks of accepting the request, or one week after posting an update on a request. They must also notify if they'll be gone for a while in the Leaving User's Topic if they are leaving and will be unable to update or work on the task. If not, there will be a 1-coin deduction in that member's coin value.

I know it seems like a lot but it's mainly just structural stuff so that the requesting party won't get screwed over.

UPDATE!
Now that you can send money to other members, you can preform such work requests privately. Please note that this practice is NOT moderated, so please use at your own discretion. If you feel like there is an issue, please contact me.

Hoopa

Well, I guess I have one. Would someone please compile a list of animations that aren't used often, or are unused? Just the names would be fine.

3 coins minimum reward, but that all depends on how complete a list it is.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

I have one as well. I will award anywhere from 3-6 coins if someone can get me the Cool, Cool Mountain theme from Super Mario 64 as a midi. If the quality is lacking, I will award 3 coins (most websites that might offer midis usually have them with poor quality). If it sounds detailed, or if it is really nice, I will award more.

Notes:

1. Please make this from scratch, if you want a chance at the full reward.
2. I will be able to find out if it was just taken from another website, and I will not accept it.
3. The instruments do not matter, since I can adjust them later.
4. A minimum of 4 tracks would be appreciated.
5. I will not accept it if I can not recognize it as the Cool, Cool Mountain theme.
6. It must be a midi file, or a .mid. Otherwise, I can not use it.
7. It will likely have an intro, but you do not have to worry about telling me.

Tips:

1. Cool, Cool Mountain is a stage from Super Mario 64, also appearing in the DS remake.
2. The minimum amount of coins is 3, if I accept it. To earn the other three coins, you should look at the following:
a) The song does not loop at all in the midi, to make it easier to loop in-game.
b) You have done a good job on it (and it will show).
c) More than 5 tracks, all with different instruments (the instruments do not matter though).
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Ay32bJ7tY
4. While I will not accept it if plagiarism is evident, you may use a downloaded midi to help you with this project.

Bonus: If you do enough to earn all 6 coins, your chosen name shall appear in the Credits of my "Golden Star" game (as something more to show my gratitude).

I would make it so you have to earn all 8 red coins for the star, but it might be a bit excessive.

Have a nice day, and a Merry Christmas for those of you who celebrate it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I need it as soon as possible, preferably by March/Spring break. A loss of a bonus coin may happen if it is absurdly late.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Hoopa

So how exactly do you expect someone to make a midi of a song, but not copy it? Don't you need sheet music to make the midi? Or did you want an actual remix of the song?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

I did quite a bit of editing on my post, so parts of it might contradict each other. Basically, if the quality is good, I will accept it. If it is one of poor quality, I will not accept it. They can copy the original song, but in terms of quality, I was hoping that it would sounds like the song itself.

Then again, I did not have much success in finding it (with less effort put in than the Gritzy Desert theme). I will accept a remix, and may even award a 7th coin for a remixed song. In the end, this is what I want: A midi of Cool, Cool Mountain that has similar note placings as the original song.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Hoopa

Eh... I'm not sure how to respond to that. Should I just get a few and ask what you want? The ones I find seem pretty close  to the actual song...

Salanewt

In that case, I shall be sure to award you the coins for finding it. I seem to be rich compared to everyone else, so I can give you 6 coins for whichever you think is the best sounding.

Have a nice day.

Hoopa

Alright, then I'll do a bit more snooping around and see what I can find. Although I would prefer to actually make it... midi software and anvil studio are a bit too unwieldy for me to use.

Salanewt

I can't blame you. The most that I have done in terms of Anvil Studio use is to copy the notes, and sometimes change instruments.

Well, good luck on your search!

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

If you're having a 1 on 1 conversation it's preferred you do it through PMs instead of continuing it in the requests thread.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Hoopa

Ah, whoops. Sorry Atrius, my bad. Anyway, so there's no takers for my previous request?

Rolina

Requesting a PC overworld spritesheet for Ila.  Please PM me for the details.  The amount of coins I will pay will depend on how indepth it is - inquire in the PM for details.

Charon

Request for a mdl0 modification of Ike's Sword Article - NOT his main model, the article. I need it to look like an axe, with the right side of the blade (viewed top-down) much larger than the left side. It should have a long handle, a little longer than the original blade. The reward will be 5 coins, and e-cookies. Okay, maybe not the latter. XD I would do it myself but since I don't have administrator control I can't even begin to mess around with vertex editing...

RTGreece21

Charon, post a pick of the sword for me, and I'll sketch something. If you like the sketch, I'll take your request and make the game sprite for the weapon and then colour the picture of the weapon. Weapons are quick and easy, so I'm thinking it will be a day or two, and you'll have the picture, and a day, you should have the sprite.

As for making his sword look like an axe, maybe explain that a little bit further so I get the idea, because my head thought of some really odd-looking stuff.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Charon

What I really want is vector editing of Ike's sword. There's a way to do it but I'll need to install a program on my computer but I can't do that if I don't have administrator control. I can do the textures myself (if you really want to know, it's Sgt. Joe over Falco as a commission)

Here's the general layout of the shape I want. You could probably attain this by rotating the sword 180 degrees and editing the handles. I don't think that should edit the bones. (my paint skills are horrid, the left sided blade should be symmetrical, sorry)

When the character holds the axe and tilts it down like in Marth's side smash, the larger part of the axe should be facing down.

RTGreece21

So, basically, a well-shaped lineart that you can colour in and design? should i make it a PNG then?

and you said mdl0 modification. what does that mean exactly?
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Charon

In the PCS/PAC file (archives essentially) there's a section called "Model Data". You click in there and grab the MDL0 from there. Although actually you want to edit the vertices in the MDL0. There's a technique for doing it, but I can't do it because I need to install a program in order for me to even begin to try to do it, which I can't because I don't have administrator control.

I'm talking about Brawl hacking so if you don't really know anything about it you don't have to accept it...

RTGreece21

oohh... haha, yeah, okay i dont know anything about it o.o; sorry, haha. i thought you wanted to put stuff like that into GS, not just hack brawl. >.<;

Shinigami

Quote from: Whizkidhv on 21, December, 2010, 07:03:06 PM
Well, I guess I have one. Would someone please compile a list of animations that aren't used often, or are unused? Just the names would be fine.

I'm guessing you are referring to psy animations?

If so,Taint/Poison and Paralyze are two unaquirable psynergies that both have unique effects...

More can be found here---> http://goldensunwiki.net/List_of_unacquirable_Psynergy
So nanoka~

Griever

If possible, i would like to request a code (ASM code if I'm not mistaken) that changes Djinn elemental power to Mars but the djinn should still be treated as it's main element.
Ex: When setting Flint he adds 5 Venus elemental power, would like that to be changed to Mars instead but he should still be treated as Venus djinn.

I offer up to 6 coins as reward (I know coding can be hard), if a part of the request cannot be done, then the reward will be decreased to 4.
Thanks.