News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun song remixes

Started by zman9000, 22, December, 2010, 10:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

EDIT:OK I think I should re-state (or explain better) what this Forum is for.

I created it for the purpose of finding Remix songs For Golden sun 1 & 2.
To be used For when possible (pending when the editor will let you swap out songs).

Also you can comment on the songs weather or not you liked them. Or weather or not you think it is a remix or not.

Song Remix: A song that is unaltered in length But tune is Changed to another form of music, or changed instruments but still work as a song. And if a person were hear the so called remix he/she should know the song if that person has heard the original first.

I should have been more clear in the first place.

And if you post a song that is not a remix but you thought it was It can stay in this forum.
these are my guide lines and i am not sticked at all so post comment and I guess have fun.

This form is to post Golden sun song remixes you find.

i found some metal versions so here they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRWxMCGIXYs&feature=related Isaac's theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neDOUuQYiE8&feature=related Felix's theme

And what if Golden sun had  8-bit music??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMy5HR9UOM

find and post your Favorites!

Also i am sorry if some one already did this.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Frog

I've never really come across any Golden Sun remixes, though that 8-bit theme is pretty awesome.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Rolina

I'm surprised, ACTUAL remixes.  Usually it's just a stupid instrument swap, but in this case, though slight, they are remixes.  Nice find.

zman9000

I also remember coming across some more that were even better... but I can't remember where i heard them...

And i found a 16 bit remix but its not as good as the 8 bit.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Hoopa

Really? I thought the 16-bit one was better.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

Nice >< Isaac's theme Metal Version is really nice  :happy:

zman9000

I hope to find out how they did the metal versions because i would like to make all the songs metal and just re make GS1 and GS2 but with metal or remix songs.

and if i do Or one of you find a list of metal or other true remix songs Please post them here on this
sight and in this Forum.

thanks

Charon

This song is so haaawt. No, really, listen to the whole thing before saying anything.

Also that 8 bit song doesn't sound very 8 bit to me...

zman9000

EDIT: Also i want remixes not just songs that people edit to make their own.
Because that is what that is. Its not a remix as far as i am aware but i could be wrong.

[spoiler]umm ... no... that... was... just... wtf![/spoiler]

Umm? i want who ever reads this next to listen to that song before you read my thoughts because i want a fair vote on it. And listen to the whole thing!

My thoughts...
[spoiler]that sucked.
i have no clue what i was listening to!

i mean the song doesen't even start till 4:00 and ends at 5:55!!
the rest is just some fool messing around with some outdated sound editing soft ware!?!?!?!?!?![/spoiler]

more of my thoughts...
[spoiler]I almost feel like opening a pole for people to listen to it and vote ether ( like, hate, vomited, or died. ) [/spoiler]

but some one tell me what you think cause i am at a loss for words.

Salanewt

I found it to be an interesting tune, though I agree with zman on most of what he had to say. It is hard to say whether it is a remix or an addition to the song, but the original segment was altered enough to constitute a remix.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Awec

I couldn't be bothered to listen to the whole thing.

Although for some reason, that seems to be what 'remix' is defined as, at least in the music industry; take a song, add in unnecessary noise and make whatever's left unrecognisable.

Pretty much, no. Just... no.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Charon

Um, it's exactly a remix of the song. I don't see why you don't think it is. It does have a huge amount of lead up (which is why I told people to actually listen to the whole song) but it isn't supposed to be an exact replica of the song anyhow.

It might be that you don't like techno (which is a legitimate reason enough), but it's a remix either way. And Zman... Just... no. Music is a taste, to be honest the 8 bit version you posted sounded just awful after a while, and definitely NOT 8-bit (although I do like the metal remixes, although they're... not exactly metal >;P ). The song I posted is a weird but original techno interpretation of Venus Lighthouse, but the "8-bit" thing you posted was just a midi of the original song chugged through a shoddy 8-bit emulator. In order to truly replicate 8-bit's abilties, you actually have to study how the sounds were built in the first place, which it's obvious that person did not. I really think that the reason why you absolutely hated it was because it was considered a "remix", perhaps if you listened to it as an original piece you would have liked it... which is unnacceptable for critism. Really.

Anyhow, a lot of techno uses the same techniques that were used 10 years ago, which makes a lot of songs share the same sound effects. This makes some people hate techno but I personally love it. XD

leaf

I've heard it before, and I think the same thing now that I thought back then. It's cool if you start it around 2:30, but the first two and a half minutes are tedious to listen to. The source material only starts being recognizable at 2:55, which is totally unacceptable imo. I don't care if the source material is barely recognizable, as long as you can sorta tell what it comes from after a short while in. As it is, it's more like they were trying to make a whole new song and while they were making it they realized that they started to drift into venus lighthouse, and then decided to run with it.

Also, the ending was lame.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

zman9000

OK I think I should re-state (or explain better) what this Forum is for.

I created it for the purpose of finding Remix songs For Golden sun 1 & 2.
To be used For when possible (pending when the editor will let you swap out songs).

Also you can comment on the songs weather or not you liked them. Or weather or not you think it is a remix or not.

Song Remix: A song that is unaltered in length But tune is Changed to another form of music, or changed instruments but still work as a song. And if a person were hear the so called remix he/she should know the song if that person has heard the original first.

I should have been more clear in the first place.

And if you post a song that is not a remix but you thought it was It can stay in this forum.
these are my guide lines and i am not sticked at all so post comment and I guess have fun.

I will also post this at the top for others to see.

leaf

Quote from: zman9000 on 12, January, 2011, 11:28:29 PM
OK I think I should re-state (or explain better) what this Forum is for.
*Thread. Or topic. But not forum. The forum is the collection of threads/topics.

QuoteI created it for the purpose of finding Remix songs For Golden sun 1 & 2.
They'd be in the wrong format, anyway. GS uses midi instruments, and only a small selection of them, at that.

QuoteAlso you can comment on the songs weather or not you liked them. Or weather or not you think it is a remix or not.
*whether

QuoteSong Remix: A song that is unaltered in length But tune is Changed to another form of music, or changed instruments but still work as a song. And if a person were hear the so called remix he/she should know the song if that person has heard the original first.
Wrong. It's a common misunderstanding, but you just defined an arrangement. Er... for the most part, anyway. Arrangements switch around the instruments a bit while still keeping the core song the same. Most "remixes" you hear on the web are in fact arrangements, perhaps with some lightly remixed portions. Perhaps "cover" would even be a more appropriate term for a lot of "remixes" you hear.

A remix is a song that keeps the core melody of another, while also adding something new and original to it. The core melody can be altered in a remix, as long as it is kept recognizable. There is absolutely no rule anywhere that the length of the song has to remain the same or even remotely similar. Remixes will add parts and change parts to "make it their own," so don't you dare say something isn't a remix just cause it changed something, because that's actually an indicator that the song is indeed a remix.

In cases of both arrangements and remixes, you should be able to tell what the source material is, but remixes will differ much more noticeably from the original. I probably could have explained everything a lot better, but that should give you the general gist of it. If you're really interested in finding out the difference between arrangements and remixes, I would suggest you do some research on the subject.

Since in a lot of cases, and for a lot of people, it can be difficult to tell the difference between an arrangement and a true remix, I don't think there would be any complaints if both were posted in this thread. And personally, I enjoy both a good remix and a good arrange, and I'll admit to also being guilty of calling one or the other the wrong term sometimes.

Anyway, this is why I personally dislike that venus caelestis song. It may introduce a lot of new material, and thus technically qualify as a remix, but it barely does anything with the source material, and ends up just playing it really safe once it gets going. It doesn't help that the new material is pretty basic, too. Venus caelestis is most definitely a remix, but not a very good one.

QuoteAnd if you post a song that is not a remix but you thought it was It can stay in this forum.

I will also post this at the top for others to see.
Oh, so you'll let us post songs that you may not *personally* consider a remix! How generous! We totally needed your permission to post in this thread, amirite? I mean, it's not like this is an open forum or anything, or that a lot of songs can blur the line between arrangement and remix. /sarcasm
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Yeah I do wish it had a better ending. XD But I really liked it from about 2:00-ish to about 30-45 seconds from the end.

Also, Leafgreen is totally right. I tend to lean more towards abstract remixes because remixes that just compile the song with different instruments tend to make me wonder why I bothered listening. lol

zman9000

wow i suck at explaining things........ and spelling... and i have said i suck at spelling in the past (let it go)

OK what are songs that are not changed in length but have a different tune???

I really would like to find a complete set of metal version songs for golden sun so when  the editor is ready for it i could swap them out.

And idk what song you post screw the topic name post anime for all i care!

what is the purpose of putting a pots in a area if you don't follow some rules????
I am just confused as to what I am to say because it seems that what ever i say i get hate for it....

Charon

The reason why you annoyed me with what you said was because you were implying that the reason why it was bad was because it wasn't a note-by-note remix, and that you got borderline vulgar with your hate for it. If you don't like it, that's fine, but you don't have to be a total 5 year old about it.

(I'll be honest though I can't understand half of what you just said)

Anyhow, off topic slightly, but I really have begun to hate PokemonRemixChannel's remixes. They all start to sound the same after a while... >_>

Pkmn-Master

So are we allowed to post arrangements or not?

EDIT: Because I have a couple that I was gonna post.

Charon

I was at school and they blocked youtube, so go ahead. XD