News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Theorycrafting [SPOILERS]

Started by Aile~♥, 23, February, 2011, 10:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

This is a topic for theorycrafting! You know, if you enjoy giving things too much thought. Or if you're just seriously bored.

I have a theory about the Third Eye and Insight Glass:

The Insight Glass is really the Second Eye, and there's also a Mars-based First Eye out there somewhere.

Justification: A book in one of the houses in the village near the Warriors' Hill says: "Use the eye that pierces darkness to find the clothing of shadow. The last of these eyes lies in the Warriors' Hill." I bolded the relevant part, which seems to imply that there were other eyes. Also, we have the three orbs used to access Apollo Sanctum: The yellow one is used in the ruins below Yamata to represent the Third Eye, with the red and blue ones representing the right and left eyes, respectively. Now, you'll note that yellow tends to be used to represent Venus. Is it a coincidence, then, that we also have a Mercury-elemental (typically represented by blue) Psynergy that also affects how one perceives the world? That would seem to imply that there's also a Mars-based (typically represented by red) Psynergy that also affects one's visual perception of the world.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

That sounds cool, although I have a different theory myself.

My theory is that a descendant of Link died before the events of TLA, and the Lense of Truth was stolen from him (which is why we have not had it in recent Zelda games). The Poes that came over from Zelda took this artifact from him and modified it. With the way that it was modified, only people who are possessed or affiliated with the occult can interact with it. At the same time, only these individuals can use it to see what is hidden.

Evidence: Link-like sprites in TLA, and the fact that Himi's Reveal ripoff looks very similar to the Lense of Truth (eye in the middle, three spikes on top, one on bottom). Oh, and for the Sight of Truth (the new name for Himi's psynergy), everything on the screen has a slight tint of red. The same can be said about the Lense of Truth in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. We also have enemies that look like the Stalfos and Jynx enemies from Zelda, but those are not too relevant to this theory.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

Title of post reflects topic more accurately.

That said, that's actually an interesting way to look at it, jamie. Which then would leave reveal as the jupiter sight psynergy. I was wondering when the crackpot theories about this game would start coming out! =D

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Salanewt on 23, February, 2011, 11:19:21 PM
That sounds cool, although I have a different theory myself.

My theory is that a descendant of Link died before the events of TLA, and the Lense of Truth was stolen from him (which is why we have not had it in recent Zelda games). The Poes that came over from Zelda took this artifact from him and modified it. With the way that it was modified, only people who are possessed or affiliated with the occult can interact with it. At the same time, only these individuals can use it to see what is hidden.

Evidence: Link-like sprites in TLA, and the fact that Himi's Reveal ripoff looks very similar to the Lense of Truth (eye in the middle, three spikes on top, one on bottom). Oh, and for the Sight of Truth (the new name for Himi's psynergy), everything on the screen has a slight tint of red. The same can be said about the Lense of Truth in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. We also have enemies that look like the Stalfos and Jynx enemies from Zelda, but those are not too relevant to this theory.

EPIC POST hahahaha

Rolina

@Jamie:  So that'd mean that Reveal would be the "mind's eye", right?  Out of sight from the outside world, but hidden within...

@Sala:  Save it for Forum Games, this is supposed to be things that may actually be possible.  That was a generic male elf, we all know it.  The whole Link thing is just an ongoing joke in the community.

Salanewt

Leaf is right, that seems like an interesting way. I mean, Insight works in a similar way to Reveal. That said, it would seem like we have...

Reveal: Jupiter - To see the unseen.
Insight: Mercury - To answer the unknown.
Sight of Truth (I forget the name now): Venus - To materialize the missing.

So you have a point, it would seem like a Mars variant is missing.

QuoteEPIC POST hahahaha

Thanks!

QuoteSave it for Forum Games, this is supposed to be things that may actually be possible.  That was a generic male elf, we all know it.  The whole Link thing is just an ongoing joke in the community.

What? First off, this is my supposed theory for her psynergy. You have to admit, her spell seems kind of random and out-of-place in Weyard, not to mention that the island from which it came seems to have come out of nowhere. Second, many other game series have done crossovers before, where you have either objects or characters that obviously belong to a different famous franchise (Mario has done it, Zelda numerous times, and I think Pokemon may or may not have done it once as well). While my theory may be unlikely, it certainly is possible. Third, I know that the sprite is a generic elf. However, when I first came here an pointed that out, others responded with "I don't know, it looks a lot like Link, it probably is him." Besides, as I said, Link-like sprite. My guess is that Camelot found inspiration in the Zelda games for much of what can be found in Golden Sun, even the stuff that has been left unused has Zelda references.

With this being said, none of the information in my theory is a joke (unlikely =/ comedy). Perhaps I should have pointed it out before, but then again, I would not have made it in this topic if it were a joke.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Venus' spell is called Search, IIRC.

Your theory has little or nothing to do with GS - it's left the realm of wild mass speculation and jumped headstrong into parody (at best), which is quite off topic.  Stories of GS plot involving Link from OoT belong in Forum Games.  Plus, the only thing I've seen references to in GS was to Monty Python, and that's thanks to the localization team.  It seems to me that they're trying to make their own self-contained universe, so throwing in everything under the sun to make your 'theory' is just really out of place.

By the way, Leaf, I want to talk to you later about finding a way to make Insight not be an easy button.  Once I figure out these compy problems, I'll contact you on skype.  Or maybe at work, that too.

Durza

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 23, February, 2011, 10:52:10 PM
This is a topic for theorycrafting! You know, if you enjoy giving things too much thought. Or if you're just seriously bored.

I have a theory about the Third Eye and Insight Glass:

The Insight Glass is really the Second Eye, and there's also a Mars-based First Eye out there somewhere.

Justification: A book in one of the houses in the village near the Warriors' Hill says: "Use the eye that pierces darkness to find the clothing of shadow. The last of these eyes lies in the Warriors' Hill." I bolded the relevant part, which seems to imply that there were other eyes. Also, we have the three orbs used to access Apollo Sanctum: The yellow one is used in the ruins below Yamata to represent the Third Eye, with the red and blue ones representing the right and left eyes, respectively. Now, you'll note that yellow tends to be used to represent Venus. Is it a coincidence, then, that we also have a Mercury-elemental (typically represented by blue) Psynergy that also affects how one perceives the world? That would seem to imply that there's also a Mars-based (typically represented by red) Psynergy that also affects one's visual perception of the world.

Possibly Necroposting and for that I apologise, but the Insight Glass is connected to the Cloud Brand in my opinion. The three Imperial Treasures of Japan are a sword used by the warrior god Susa, later given to Takeru, a mirror which always shows the truth and a jade representing kindness. So unless the jade is the Hover Jade, you'll probably have to find it, Amiti and Takeru in GS4, then awesomeness will occur.

In the legend, Susanoo killed an eight headed dragon to save Kushinada by using sake to weaken in then cut off its heads and tails. The sword was in its fourth tail and could be used to control wind and fire.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

No, I think it was implied that the Imperial Regalia (at least, I think that's what they're called) were all three in Yamato.  It's a good suggestion otherwise, though.

Too bad the Insight Glass is widely considered to be a slap in the face to gamers, more or less.  Nothing more insulting than adding a skill that solves puzzles for you.

Durza

Well it might've been less annoying if they hadn't made psynergy free unless it actually had an effect. I'm hoping that Dark Dawn was just a big tutorial though and the real games will be out soon. Though Dullahan was still pretty challenging without the Daedalus method.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.