News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Cbox rules, and Zman controversy

Started by Charon, 17, March, 2011, 05:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Reopening thread for Cbox Rule discussion.

EDIT: Split from forum rules topic.

Rolina

Again, there really shouldn't be separate rules for the forum and cbox.  The cbox is part of the forums, after all.  What we need are stricter rules.  I'm sure we're all sick of zman's "OMFG JAPAN IS GOING TO DIE IN A NUCLEAR ECKSPLOWSHUN" crap, and we've all asked him to stop.  Yet... he just won't shut up about it.  It was bad enough when he made Jupiter Clan business public and decided to claim "I'm both clinically retarted and have a 160 IQ at the same time" nonsense to excuse his horrible posting at the time (need I remind everyone that since we kicked him out of the clan, his posts have dramatically improved.

The thing is, I don't now what the new rule should be per se, but you know this type of person when you see them - they continue on and on, slamming everyone who disagrees with them while spouting out their own crazy stuff publicly for all to see (even I shut up, you know?  Hell, I'll even apologize and admit when I was wrong...), when it gets as bad as he's getting...

We just need some kind of rule about quality or something to prevent this kind of thing... I just don't know how to really put it, though...

Kain

I vote that rules applied to the board also apply to the c-box.  After all, with the c-box as is, people can get away with pretty much anything and not get reprimanded.  If you include the c-box as a part of the forum and the rules as well, then we can avoid situations like what's been happening.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Mastermind

How about a verbal warning system like the rest of the site?
(only verbal warnings are via PM, so it won't get lost in the c-box flow)

Rolina

I dunno, I think the punishments need to be a bit more strict.  For one, I never seem to get the PM warnings you speak of, and when I DID send a warning to zman about breaking clan rules, he exploded and made it public, saying we were 'diskrimonatn' him.

Charon

The problem though is that, even though Zman has definitely been abusing the Cbox, it's there to allow for off topic discussion. A lot of my shouts are one-word if I don't feel like saying anything. It's meant to be looser.

Zman's on the end of both me and Atrius's tether, way more than anyone else. I really will consider a good week ban if he decides to spam up the Cbox after the rule changes are officially announced.

Rolina

Off topic isn't the same as alt rules, though.  The only rule it doesn't follow is the on-topic rule, because it doesn't have one.

Also, on week won't be enough.  You need to give him a serious slap in the face if push comes to shove - at least a month.  Like I said, even I'm not that bad...

All and all, I vote for making the rules a little more strict here.  I don't mean nazi bad, but at least have a cbox-specific rule that says "If the public wants to move on from a conversation and you won't, expect some kind of punishment" or something like that...

Crystal Sonata

For once i completely agree with Role :)
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Kain

Charon

Hmm, you mean topic changing rules? :/ hmmm, okay, I suppose, but it should be enforced only when people request a topic to be closed. Sometimes people respond to stuff several shouts behind and all... anything past 2 pages in the archive is unacceptable though.

Rolina

I think they mean with the punishment severity.

Crystal Sonata

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Kain

Yes, the punishment.  Not the topic.

Atrius (He/Him)

First of all, I don't like how this topic degraded into bashing one specific members actions.  Secondly, before you propose a new rule ask yourself "How easily can this be abused against someone who's done nothing wrong?"
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Atrius, the thing is, several people, even admin, have asked him to stop, and he responded by insulting them and continuing.  Check the cbox for more info on this, but basically the argument here is that we need to apply the rules to the cbox as well, on top of probably having stricter enforcement.  The rule about the cbox thing was basically if a majority of people want to change topic and you keep going on, you can get warned.  Several warnings from the mods/admin and it'd be a week ban or something.

But outright insulting multiple members, and even an admin?  That's already against the rules.

Atrius (He/Him)

You want the rules enforced more strictly, alright let's look at what happened, and see who deserves to be punished.

[spoiler=Zman's impressions on Japan]
Quote from: Zmanthe Japanese are so dumb! 3-mile-island was a 4 out of 7 on the nuclear disaster scale, and no radition leeked at all and no one died! and the japanese are saying what they have is only level 3. Thats bull-s***! 3-mile-island evac zone = 1 mile! japan evac zone = 50 miles with 18.5 miles covered with deadly radition! Also this could all been pervented if they had just seeled the reactors sooner. but now they can't get close enuff to stop it now! 

Note that when the U.S bombed japan with two nukes that was only considered a 6 out of 7!  Also note that a 5 out of ten is when radition leeks! And lastly note that at least two reactors have exploded which means that two of them are now open two the air! I am mad at the stupidness of the worlds nuclear engineers!    

And lastly some facts of what would happen if even one of the reactors were to fully melt down. first ly when they fully melt down they will start burning at the temp of the sun, next the core would vaporize every thing it touches for about two weeks, it would then (depending on howhard the ground is over in japan) melt a hole in the ground any where from 1000 feet to 1000 miles into the ground. The after affect would be that the evac zone in japan would be unliveable for about 500 to 1000 years
[/spoiler]

Zman:  Presenting his perspective on the situation in Japan not breaking any rules.

[spoiler=Initial reactions]
Quote from: SalanewtHow would that make the Japanese dumb? Unlike the tragedy at Chernobyl, the Japanese understand what has to be done in order to protect their citizens - I believe they have already evacuated? Also, I think reactors 1 and 3 exploded if I recall.  Exactly what Nero said - he watches MSNBC.    

Also, 1000 miles is probably close to a half of the width of the US, minus Hawaii and Alaska. That would be a pretty big crater...

And that would nearly be a quarter of the radius of Earth. Which news sources are you using?

Quote from: MegaDarkNero@Sala: He's using the Blind Idiot News Network, obviously.

How could he be so dumb? He's overreacting too much, nothing like that'll never happen.

Quote from: leafgreen386is zman still being dumb? I stopped reading his posts a while ago    

Quote from: Role@Sala:  Exactly what Nero said - he watches MSNBC.
[/spoiler]

Salanewt: Harmlessly debating
MegaDarkNero: Direct insults, breaking rule II.1 concerning disrespecting other members.
leafgreen386: Also being disrespectful
Role: Harmless comment

[spoiler=Zman's response]
Quote from: ZmanI didn't mean a 1000 mile wide crater!!! a one foot wide crater 1000 miles deep! its totaly possible. think for a minute... a melt down is basicly a uncontroled nuclear reaction. to cool a reactor core takes about 1000 years because they have it lose its energy over that amount of time so it doesn't get so hot as to start to meld down. If it were to melt down it lose all its energy in about a week but would be as hot as the sun for that time.

think of it like this: a nuclear bomb loses all of its energy at once and is hoter then the sun. now imagon that a chunk of the sun that would last 1 week and was about 1 foot a round. if you were to drop it on the ground it would just keep going. it wouldn't just drop through the ground like nothing was there but it would keep melting through for about a week or two. My bro said he read this some where as well and it had happend before ( but not like this, it was some kind of test in the 50s )
[/spoiler]

Zman: Harmless debating, whether it's accurate or not hardly matters, nothing offensive toward other members and no rules broken.

[spoiler=Another reaction from MegaDarkNero]
Quote from: MegaDarkNeroZman, please leave the internet before people go insane trying to understand what you're talking about.
[/spoiler]

MegaDarkNero - Disrespectful once again.

[spoiler=Reaction from Zman]
Quote from: ZmanUgg.... how can I explain this for you to understant.... ( WHEN BALL GET HOT IT MELT THROUGH DIRT ) ( It melt dirt for week) (may travle 1000 feet to 1000 miles down) And I am not making any of this stuff up. I don't under stand how you guys can't under stand that when the core melts down it gets hot!!! very hot!! Like I said when I first joined "I know alot about stuff the doesn't mater in normal life like how nuclear reactors work"

Well since nuclear physics is to complated for most people to under stand I will ask some thing else. I am trying to draw a Rose using Typography, any tips on how to make the whole think go a little faster are gladly welcome. thanks
[/spoiler]

Zman: Frustrated, but still not disrespecting anyone.

[spoiler=Members reactions to Zman's response]
Quote from: RoleCan we please have a new rule that allows banishment for stupidity?  This is really starting to get on my nerves.

Quote from: leafgreeen386I support this motion.

Quote from: OverLordKainIf you imagine him as the little old lady from Police Academy, it's actually quite adorable.

Quote from: RoleNo.  That just makes me want to punch old ladies.

Quote from: OverLordKainYeah...bad use on my part.
[/spoiler]

No attempts to counter Zman's conceptions, just more insulting his intelligence all around.

[spoiler=Zman getting frustrated]
Quote from: Zmanif you are banning for stupidity then I will be fine, but Role, Leaf, and Kain would have to go because I am right and you are wrong. What I have said is the truth and if you don't agree, to bad because that is how the world works. if you are really to stupied to understand what I said then you should just leave. P.P I am f***ing done with being nice to stupied people!
[/spoiler]

Understandably frustrated, at this point I would very much say he'd been provoked.  Still, we can chalk up 1 offense for him, compared to the 4~5 by other people in the conversation so far.

At this point the conversation degraded into even more insulting Zman, with him later responding:

Quote from: Zmangod whats your problem! How is this gona work! just because some people think one person is wrong you would ban them??? so then you ban some one, then you find out they are right, what happens then?? this is just crazy!! I just come on to tell you whats happing and what could happen and you get mad!?! you are all freeking nuts!

Again, understandably frustrated, and provoked anger.  This time there are no offenses though.  The next few posts talk about applying the forum rules to the cBox, with the next response from Zman being the following:

Quote from: Zmanalso I never said japan would become unlive-able! @charon (why does every body make up stuff to make me look bad!) p.s i said some of japan will become unlive-able. @momo... wait what?!?! I thought we did something about that?? ........................................................ I not sure what to say....

fine I have come up with the simplest way to explain it: basicly the core will (if not cooled down) melt down. and will most likly melt doen because there is so much radition around the reactor that can't get to it. 18.5 miles out from it are covered with enuff radition to kill a person in an hour. if this does not stop soon that area WILL become unliveable. (this is the just of what i have said the other stuff dosn't matter because you won't under stand yet!)

Harmless debating, no offenses.

So, tell me, how is Zman at fault here?  Look at yourselves, people, you provoked him barely even getting any backlash, and you're talking about punishing him for this?  What the hell is going on here,  do you all not even realize that your conceptions toward Zman are causing you to behave like complete asses for no real reason?  As far as I'm concerned Zman is off the hook for this one, MegaDarkNero, leafgreen, Role, Overlord Kain, and Charon, I'm issuing a warning to all of you.  If anyone deserves to be punished over this it is you, Zman has done absolutely nothing wrong here.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Atrius, this has been going on for a WEEK now, and many people have asked him to stop.  He's been trying everyone's patience.  And yet you're warning all of us?

Need I remind you what happened the last time you jumped to his defense?

Atrius (He/Him)

You all broke the rules this time, he didn't.  Hence you all get warned he doesn't.  Ain't no rule against pushing a debate everyone disagrees with you on, and even if it were it doesn't justify what all of you did to him today, what happened earlier this week is irrelevant in this case.  Show me, show me where he broke a rule without being provoked concerning this ongoing debate, and I'll consider it as a separate case but it still doesn't justify what you all did to him.

Rolina

Very well, if you want proof, then it will come.

Crystal Sonata

Role......Drop it please. We dont need an all out war over something idiotic like this. Just drop it and leave it alone. Im not exactly saying you were in the wrong. But im not saying Zman was either. That is for atrius, not me to decide. Stop before it gets worse.