News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Start-up Errors

Started by Delyemerald2, 11, April, 2009, 08:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delyemerald2

Hey, I got two errors while starting up this progam:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Release Event for <no key> Key
for object obj_lAbilityAnims:

Could not find strings file

for object obj_MasterEditor:

Error in code at line 1:
  panel_destroy(p_titlebar)

at position 15: Unknown variable p_titlebar

Does somebody knows what went wrong?

Charon

Could you give some more information, such as the OS and current installments on your computer?

...The best I can say is that you might have downloaded it incorrectly. Try redownloading. Atrius isn't here, so he can't help much...

twocows

Are you using a guest account when you try to start it up? If it can't access a file, either you downloaded it wrong like Charon said, or it's trying to access something that's restricted (though I don't see why that would be, even on a guest account).

weckar

Maybe a tad late, but most of the time these things are caused by neglecting to unzip...

Delyemerald2

I redownloaded it, but it still doesn't work. How much .dll files do you guys have in the same folder as the editor? I only 1.

EDIT:
Here's a screenie of the error.

GIGA BOWER LV 100

:MarsSet:  I Find A Bug In Ability Edit....

In RANGE EDIT , Varias Abilitys Range s

Charon

Quote from: Delyemerald2 on 16, May, 2009, 02:41:00 PMI redownloaded it, but it still doesn't work. How much .dll files do you guys have in the same folder as the editor? I only 1.
There's only one dll file, GSdatahandler.dll.

Files that should be in the folder:
Folder Editor bg (this is just for the background of the editor)
GoldenSunTLA_editor.exe (the editor)
GSdatahandler.dll (the dll)
language.ini (ini file)
TLAeditor_guide.txt (readme)

I'll put up a mirror in a bit. My connection sucks, but I'll edit this as soon as I get it up.

Also, Giga Bower, please type in English.

GIGA BOWER LV 100

weckar

not a big problem, as long as you don't expect anyone to understand a word you're saying  /:-(

GIGA BOWER LV 100

Charon

If you're having a huge problem with it, you can at least try Babelfish. It's a terrible translator but it will get the message across.

Anyhow, this is an English forum, so as long as you type in at slightly legible English, that would be just fine.

GIGA BOWER LV 100

I LIKE GOOGLE TRANSLATION rsrsrssr

Yes!

Zach

Quote from: Delyemerald2 on 16, May, 2009, 02:41:00 PMI redownloaded it, but it still doesn't work. How much .dll files do you guys have in the same folder as the editor? I only 1.

EDIT:
Here's a screenie of the error.
I used to have that problem. After a few aborts, it stopped happening to me, but i'm not sure if that'll work for you

Delyemerald2

Could maybe someone upload his or her folder of the GSE? (In PM to not break the rules) Or only the GSdatahandler.ini

Atrius (He/Him)

It can't find the file "language.ini"

When you run the program, make sure you completely unzip it first too.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Quote___________________________________________
ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: User Defined 1
for object obj_editor_sys:

Error opening binary file.

for object obj_editor_sys:

Error opening binary file.

Hello. Okay, this might be new news, but I have been given a new computer, and I was wondering why this error comes up when I open the editor. Everything worked on the other computer, and I am very sure that I have everything that was over there too.

The game also works on VBA (I can say this, right), but I think the editor is saying that it can not open the file. I burned it onto a SPIN-X DVD-R disc, and when I tried to copy the file into a different file, it said "can not copy read-only file" (or something like that). However, it had already copied the data before that little error message. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me, and I posted this information while hoping that it would help for trouble-shooting.

Also, if I click ignore, then try to reload the game again, the error message copies (that is why it looks like I copied the error message). The error does not come up until after I load the file. I think it is also worth noting that I redownloaded the editor, so it is not the editor that has the error, but the file. Should I maybe try to load the disc on my computer again?

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

P.S. I have a strange feeling that people might be thinking about the DVD disc, but it is legal in Canada (not sure about several other countries, but I am sure that they have similar laws).

If you do read this, thank you for taking your time to help me, but I reloaded the disc, and now it works.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 24 2009, 10:00 AM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?