News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

My first Golden Sun!

Started by zman9000, 10, June, 2011, 05:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feroz

I did play on sav. file and sgm bu then I made it out of there,it was very interesting.
And I agree,but it did not have a tutorial on the game.
I should try to help out.

Durza

I remember the first time I played TLA, I skipped getting the Lash Pebble completely... It didn't seem too important that there were all these ropes lying around until I was trying to get to Kimbobo...
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

QuoteI got stuck in Sol Sanctum

Um... I'm sorry, but is it even possible to use those words like that in a sentence?

stuck in Sol Sanctum... ... >_<

I... I don't even...

But really, I'm sorry, but there is no way you can get stuck in there. 95% of it is a strait path. it took me a hour to clear it, and that was due to some grinding. and i was 10.

My next question would be how long did you spend trying to find out what to do before looking to the internet for chea... um... help...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kuroshiiutsu

I first got the GBA at like 7 or 8, I was really addicted to it. I  beat all the games I have so naturally my parents got tired of buying GBA games for me. So in around 2008 they bought something like an r4 for GBA that cost $70. It has like 700+games but most of them are like games from the 80's. Found golden sun the broken seal in the top rated list and it was THE BEST game ever!! Didn't realized there was part 2 until i saw a "too be continued" at the last part. Spent 2 years beating the game cuz I got stuck at mercury lighthouse for quite a long time. When my friend told me about VBA, I immediately went to download TLA, beat the game in a month. When I heard abou the release of DD, I went crazy for it, however the game only arrives in my country at around Nov last year. I got it the first day, the hour it arrived in my country and it cost me quite alot of $$$. Quite disappointed that everything has changed, u can't even get to see  :Ivan: :Mia: :Felix: :Jenna: :Sheba: :Piers:. Found this web when my friend introduced me to GS abridged and GS realm, I found the link there and that how I got here.

Rolina

Please do not use emotes to refer to characters.  Just say their names, please.

Kuroshiiutsu

Rolina

Aye, emote spam is kind of against the rules.  You're really not supposed to use emotes in place of words, names, or punctuation.

NightXsenator

Well... :heart: A little biography needed, heh? My first Golden Sun was in 2001, when I was 7. Father brought cartridge from...ghm, black market ("bazar") and said "it's a good game". I loved it from the very beginning, since when Saturos and Menardi first appeared and knocked down main heroes with deafening power. I still remember first impression - actually, it was a pure awe, mystical fear, music theme and villains' conception together totally impressed me. Sounds foolish, but I was just a child with corresponding psychology. Ha! Shamefully, my knowledge of English was very poor then, thus I didn't understand most of dialogues, yet tried to. Thanks to Golden Sun (!) and dictionary, my English skills progressed very fast and soon I far outrunned everyone in my class.
Amusingly, I also first got stuck in Sol Sanctum. But not because of puzzles and riddles - I didn't understand what to do with Small Jewel XD Occasionally, after many hours of useless wandering and waste of batteries (GBA, you know) I noticed that Small Jewel can be used in front of minotaur relief.
In 2003 Golden Sun was stolen from me (probably because I was boasting much - foolish clild!), when I was stuck in Tunnel Ruins (~Isaac LVL 42), with those stupid statues. I then begged my parents to find and buy me this game, and I've got GS:TLA as a gift on New Year (2003-2004). 1/2 of a year passed, and I was severed from GBA because of my addiction. I reunioned with GS in 2008, when alearned of VBA. So...that's my story.

zman9000

QuoteI far outrunned everyone in my class.
that must have been a really bad class.

And i'm not one to point out spelling or grammatical errors, but...

It should be "I far (out ran)/(overtook) everyone in my class."

:P
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quote from: zman9000 on 28, August, 2012, 03:12:39 PM
QuoteI far outrunned everyone in my class.
that must have been a really bad class.

And i'm not one to point out spelling or grammatical errors, but...

It should be "I far (out ran)/(overtook) everyone in my class."

:P
Yes, that would be right... Don't forget about the differences in U.K. and U.S. English... I doubt this is one of them, however.
I wouldn't bet on that if he was talking about elementary/primary school... I doubt it would be wise to go by his current posts, due to changes that may have happened through the years. And besides, I have a feeling he was referring to vocabulary, which the word "dictionary" seems to clue you in on.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

mecurylighthouse

wow now that i think of it i don't remember how i got my first golden sun i was like 5-6 (I dont remember much frommy 7 below childhood any way)
but when I was about 9 someone stole my gba and all my games with it    :sad:
                                                                                                          :JupiterSet: <---me
and boy was i pisssssssed i even knew the guy cuase his older bro  offered to refloor our house and when my parents were discussing this with i saw my old gba siting on his desk with the scratch on the screen and the broken L button that it had and he even lived two houses away so his excuse was "I found all that stuff in the alley" yeah that was BS and then  my parents didnt believe me so I didnt get it back   and then i didnt find anouther copy of either game till four years later  and i didnt know about emulation for about anouther year but now I play this so much i could beat a file in about half a month easy(second game)
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

Wolf

This topic is where you can tell / share your story of how you:

first found out about golden sun
:NeutralStar:Noticed the second game on a shelf while looking for another game years ago.  (Either that or a video game magazine.)
how you felt when you found out there was another game
:NeutralStar:Delighted to see the visuals improved.  Hadn't purchased an RPG in a while and wanted another DS game so I decided to get it.
and how it all lead to this site.
:NeutralStar:Searched for a fansite, located this one, lurked for a long time before deciding to join it.

Luna_blade

I got GS along with some other GBA games.
I'm not exactly sure when I found out about GSTLA,probably through interwebs.
I finished TLA yesterday (defeated Dullahan), because of that I'm posting again.

I came to this site to see how active GS hacking is and if there is any full editor for my fangame.
(concept thread: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2255.0)
However, I found out that the HC is not as active as it once was, and that the requirements for my game are hard to meet in GSTLA hacking.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"