News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Please the Cbox!

Started by FelixWolf, 28, June, 2011, 06:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixWolf

i now some of you who may disagree but the Cbox i believe it's pretty annoying because of the refresh button, also because my pc detects the refresh button as a Java script and not a comand button.
And if i may suggest couldn't we get a chatango box(doesn't require Refresh).
If the admins would want, i would make the Chatango box and i think alot of people would agree with this(if you do agree please post)

MaxiPower

can you not update your java, try a different browser or something?

FelixWolf

Quote from: MaxiPower on 28, June, 2011, 06:43:10 PM
can you not update your java, try a different browser or something?

i wonder, my pc has:
Mozilla firefox 5.0
i think Jave(tm) 6 update 26

i wonder if some of this two is the one that makes things like this

Atrius (He/Him)

Like I tell everyone else that suggests it, I'm well aware there are chat boxes that automatically refresh, that's why I use this Cbox instead.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Aw, how thoughtful.  Keeping our cute cbox over all those.  If we did use chatango or whatever, it might not fit the selected theme anyway...(?)

I like this cbox, though.  I would recommend the auto-refresh as an extra feature that could optionally be checked.  Not that it is a big requirement, though.  I'm sure it'll be fun pushing the refresh button a thousand times for years to come.

Have a joyful shout.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

It's not meant to be a live chat box to begin with, having it automatically refresh would make it distract from the forums too much.  I could remove it entirely instead since it already does that well enough on it's own.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I have a feeling more people would prefer the distraction then just plainly not having it at all.

I keep forgetting I could just use greasemonkey and add the auto-refresh unit myself (Only viewable on my computer).. (But that takes some coding knowledge, so I'll probably wait until I become more experienced in Javascript/etc..) Edit: My idea is to make it maybe refresh every 30 seconds... maybe- it could be useful if I'm multitasking.. (Like hacking GBA, and this page is in the background.) .And in the process, I can add other meaningless stuff, like font style buttons... etc.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

FelixWolf

I see why you don't want an auto refresh Chat Box but the problem is that so i can see new messages i have to push the refresh button of the browser and refresh the whole page, because it looks like my pc doesn't support certain java scripts

Kain

I F5 the page anyways.  Refreshes the site and the C-Box.  Best of both worlds IMO since I usually take long winded leave of the site at times anyways and there's usually new stuff in both.  Though that's just me.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Rolina

If you want live chat, go to our skype chat instead.