News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

World Map Event Sprite stuff

Started by Salanewt, 30, July, 2011, 09:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Hello! When I was doing some research on the world map locations, I stumbled upon one of the areas where we can edit the sprites used during events! While it really isn't too hard to find if you know what you are doing, I figured that I would list some of what I found in this section.

x0200E334 (x0200E338) - NPC Initialization #5

x0200E34E - Echo
x0200E366 - Iron
x0200E37E - Sour
x0200E396 - Chill
x0200E3AE - Wheeze
x0200E3C6 - Petra
x0200E3DE - Core

As seen in the sprite viewer:

xF3 - Venus Djinni
xF4 - Mercury Djinni
xF5 - Mars Djinni
xF6 - Jupiter Djinni

To figure out which sprite you want, you will need to do hex/decimal conversions.

There should also be sprites for the Dwarves, Bandits, and so forth in here. Some of these other NPC sections should include the things that you can see during cutscenes, like the tidal wave segment and stuff. So... have fun!

Note: The djinn sprites only correspond to the sprites that you see once you win their battles; not the battles you fight, djinn you earn, or their joining animation.

I will probably add this topic to the useful topics section when it becomes more helpful. Eg, it documents more stuff in the future.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?