News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Force Camera on Felix

Started by Pavocado, 07, August, 2011, 04:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pavocado

I'm looking for a code so that the camera is forced to always center on Felix. I want it mainly for when I retreat-glitch (or walk-through-walls code) my way out of the map boundaries, and the camera no longer follows Felix. Yet, there's much to be explored outside those map boundaries. If anyone knows of a code or can make one, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Atrius (He/Him)

It's not that you need to force the camera to follow him, you just need to remove the boundaries it's confined to.

02030E3C:00000000
02030E40:00000000
02030E44:7FFFFFFF
02030E48:7FFFFFFF

It will cause graphical glitches in menus on the world map, and could glitch battles with 4 or more enemies.  Maps data is looped after a certain distance, so if you continue to travel down/right outside the actual boundaries of the map you'll see the tile layers mismatched and displayed with different tilesets, and eventually the map will loop.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Pavocado

Ah, that's thinking outside of the box (literally). Thanks so much Atrius!

Pkmn-Master

Relevant
This is pretty similar, and I think we could use this topic for discussing odd things that happen via Retreat glitch.

Pavocado

That was some interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing that! I don't know of anything really odd that occurs with the retreat glitch. I'm mostly interested in how the retreat glitch can be used to get through the game as fast as possible. So, skipping rooms in dungeons or skipping entire areas. I'm still looking into it, but if some of this has already been figured out, I'd love to hear about it!

thenightsshadow

Quote from: Pavocado on 07, August, 2011, 06:55:29 PM
Ah, that's thinking outside of the box (literally). Thanks so much Atrius!

I'm assuming this is for your Golden Sun 2: Hard Mode no exp Let's Play, right?
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Pavocado

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 08, August, 2011, 11:24:34 PM
I'm assuming this is for your Golden Sun 2: Hard Mode no exp Let's Play, right?

Yeah. I just completed Air's Rock, and there I used the retreat glitch quite a lot. I wanted the camera fix because there are doors outside the map boundaries that I could walk through, which helps in skipping a substantial amount of the whole dungeon. I'm hoping that I can find more of these throughout the game. I know there's one in Gondowan Cliffs which allows you to pass through it without ever having to fight Briggs. There is also one for skipping the Yampi Desert entirely.

Mastermind

If you want some info on the Shift Glitch, see the General Golden Sun Glitch List.

Post any ones you don't see and feel free to use any that you do.