News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

GS4 Possible Characters

Started by Durza, 29, August, 2011, 01:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThanatosTheDark

What about those kids that studied under Mia in GS1? I'm sure thatg they'd play some part in the story. Maybe you'd find Sheba and would have to track Felix down by going to most of the GS2 towns (Garoh, Mikasalla, Madra, etc) and get clues from people like Moapa and that guy's son that you helped (remember the starving kid in alhafra.)

Maybe we could get some temp party members like how Issac and Garet were in dark dawn. If there is a battle option, you could literally choose your ultimate team in thw battle lobby.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Awec

Here's a thought: What if they're planning a GS5 in the same storyline?
They jammed a whole lot of content into quite a small area in DD, and also tried to introduce as many new characters as possible. Why wouldn't they do the same again with GS4 - have some party members we already know, and fill up the other slots with new characters - and then connect GS3 and GS4 with GS5?

They can't just scrap the characters from DD but at the same time we're already expecting enough GS4 characters that there isn't much room for all-new characters. And it has been pointed out that 16 characters is a bit ridiculous.

Alternatively, they could be planning a completely new party system; rather than constantly having 8/16/etc. characters in the party, you might just have 4/8 characters constantly in the party with the other potential party members wandering off to a 'home' place which you would have to go to in order to swap them back in.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

You know, for some reason I kind of hope that there's only four characters in this game - there is no second party.  And not even 4, and then having four DD characters join, but just four period, like in TBS.

Misery

I kind of agree with that, they're far more likely to pull off an interesting game with four characters. If they can make 8 unique characters, or at least make some changes to the class system so everyone has their own purpose, I'm all for that. But judging from the past games, I don't think they will.

Rolina

Well, I dunno, it's not quite the same as the usual criticism of dark dawn from me.  Basically, I kinda wanna have a small group.

Misery

I'm not really try to bash Dark Dawn here, I'm saying what I'm saying because I think the Lost Age pulled it off pretty well. You get the last 4 characters at once, when the normal story is nearing its end, and it's when you start messing around with classes and equipment setups that it's interesting to have a lot of characters. It also had the item classes to open up even more class options.

But yes, being able to focus on a small group of characters is pretty nice.

Aile~♥

In order to adequately pull off an 8-character party, you'd need 50 to 100 hours of gameplay, with at least 15 hours of cutscenes, would be my expectation. Mid-battle chatter and good-quality voice acting would also be practically a necessity.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

ER, I'm trying to say that it's not from a gameplay standpoint I'm talking here, I didn't mean to imply that you were bashing Dark Dawn, just trying to say that I'm not.  I don't know why, but I just have the urge to play a game with a small party for some reason.

Awec

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 25, June, 2012, 10:19:56 PM
Mid-battle chatter and good-quality voice acting would also be practically a necessity.
Not in Golden Sun.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 25, June, 2012, 10:19:56 PM
In order to adequately pull off an 8-character party, you'd need 50 to 100 hours of gameplay, with at least 15 hours of cutscenes, would be my expectation. Mid-battle chatter and good-quality voice acting would also be practically a necessity.
I don't know, Jamie, it sounds like it'd be too much like Tales then.

Aile~♥

Exactly, because to date the Tales series is the only one I know that has managed to give good characterisation to every member of an 8-character party. And I know you're just saying that to turn what I said earlier on my head.

The point is, you're going to need either lots of cutscenes or some other venue for dialogue (like, for example, mid-battle chatter) if you want all eight characters to get their screen time.

That said, mid-battle chatter of the magnitude done in the Tales series wouldn't work for Golden Sun, as it would get in the way of the battle interface and be really intrusive. Using it for plot-important battles, or when certain specific (usually plot-related) conditions are met, would work just fine.

Rolina

...Final Fantasy games tend to get along just fine without skits or battle comments.  There's more to characterization than just that, after all.

...Not sure if you watch this yet, but there's a show on Penny Arcade called Extra Credits.  Check it out, it's got a ton of good advice for aspiring game developers.  I also found out that I apparently don't want to be a developer.  All the things I thought a developer does?  Apparently, that's what a Game Producer does.  Go figure.

zman9000

You know, after thinking about how GS3 ended I'm betting GS4 is going to start off with Felix's kids and friends, they will journey and team up with the three main characters from GS3 and maybe one other. I'm sure its going to be 8 characters. And I'm sure one of them will be that wind adapt baby.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

RagnarokEmissary

QuoteAnd I'm sure one of them will be that wind adept baby.
You mean Ahri?

zman9000

Wait wait, did they give it a name in GS2? I didn't remember that. If so them most likely, but I'd go as far to say they use another name or give him a nickname, at least in the english version cause how do you even say Ahri...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

Pronunciation: ah-ri. Seriously, it's not hard. Possibly pronounce the "r" like how the French or Japanese do.

zman9000

well I'm not french or japanese nor is my spelling good enough for me to figure it out when i totally don't like the name.

Durza

I always figured it was Ah as in 'Ah, right', and ri pronounced like spree without the 'sp'. But it's seriously not any worse than some of the names. Even now I'm not sure how to pronounce Eoleo. But yeah, if you mind read

Also, if they have a proxian party member in GS4, d'you think they'll have a dragonform psynergy? I mean, it'd be awesome and all, but everyone in the first two games that turned into a dragon died pretty soon after unless they were refuelled by a lighthouse, so it wouldn't make all that much sense.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

yeah that's right, everyone who turned into a dragon died or almost died. well subatomic-reconfiguration will to that to you even if it is sorta magic...
The only thing in the game powerful enough to do it successfully is the mars lighthouse and the Golden Sun. Guessing that Mars has the power of life or life's warmth which is why it healed them.

Though now that there is the golden sun maybe the transformation will work with out having the people die. Though the question is, will there be a golden sun in GS4?
the basically black hole that sucks in unlimited psynergy showed up at the location of the golden sun right? so golden sun has unlimited power, and the black hole thing sucks up an unlimited amount of power so what happens if they collide? or am I over thinking this too much?

Felix went away and going to Prox wouldn't be that strange would it? he sorta grew up there for 3 years. so Sheba might not be the only girl he could have ended up with.