News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Creating an IPS Patch

Started by zach, 19, February, 2009, 12:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

I'm having a lot of problems creating one. I'm using the LunarIPS patcher as recommended, but i'm having difficulties trying to patch it <.< Here's what I did

1. I selected an unmodified Golden Sun:TLA
2. I selected my changes from the Editor as the modified file ( Is this where I went wrong? )
3. I saved it, named it, and placed it in a folder
4. It said "the generated patch will do almost nothing....."

I wanted to patch, to see if my changes to some things were effective or not so I would know whether or not to nerf/boost the changes I made.

Help?

Atrius (He/Him)

Did you remember to save the changes in the editor first?  You have to go to File > Save/Save As...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Zach

Quote from: Atrius on 19, February, 2009, 12:07:00 PMDid you remember to save the changes in the editor first?  You have to go to File > Save/Save As...
Yeah I did and that was the problem, and the Rom was also damaged o_O. But what's even weirder is that it was a clean Rom. Weird      

Atrius (He/Him)

Wait, you didn't save over the file you selected as the unmodified one did you?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Zach

Quote from: Atrius on 19, February, 2009, 12:30:00 PMWait, you didn't save over the file you selected as the unmodified one did you?
I probably did and that's probably how it got damaged and screwy, but it works now after i did what you just said (and replaced the rom)

Salanewt

Oh, I wish I saw this before posting my topic, which pretty much asks the same thing... Oh well.

Thanks for this thread, it will help me upload a patch of my hack when I get a chance.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 02, July, 2009, 08:38:00 PMOh, I wish I saw this before posting my topic, which pretty much asks the same thing... Oh well.

Thanks for this thread, it will help me upload a patch of my hack when I get a chance.

Have a nice day.
Actually, your topic is a little different from mine. I was asking how to patch, while you were asking how to upload a patch for everyone to use

Salanewt

Oh, I suppose that it is different, yes. However, I could have asked my question in here without starting a new topic, since they both concern the came topic: patches.

Anyway, have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?