News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Glitches

Started by zman9000, 12, October, 2011, 06:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

topic idea is from something I found while hacking.

its where in GS1 the flint djinni cutscene never ends because Isaac's max hp = 0
since it can't complete the first part of the scene, it just loops.
here is a video i took once i found it.

I also found another glitch where if you already have a djinni before that cutscene and have it ready for summon and set on isaac, it will skip the first part of that scene and use the other djinni. also durring that, it will show isaac with 2 djinni while garet has none.

lastly there is a glitch I found on my orignal play through where the game locks up and you can't do anything.
its hard to do but is possible to do with out any hacking or cheats. but its kinda long to explain so I'll just post a video of it once I finish remakeing it.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

ThanatosTheDark

Don't know if this counts as a glitch but the way I found out about GS, my grandma bought me my first DS on ebay and it came with 2 games (DBZ: legacy of goku and GS:TLA). I played GS first and the guy who had it first's name was steve(he named felix) and for some strange reason, there was only 1 party member, felix. But the good thing about it was he held every psynergy item, had 8 character spaces worth of items, and he could act 4 times in battle.

The down side was I couldn't continue the game due to the fact that I needed whirlwind, which only sheba and ivan had. Once I found out about the ninja class, I then realized that I could have continued,but it was too late, I already had deleted the file and started a new one.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

zman9000

If what you are saying was true it would have been some kinda hacked or cheat version. but i don't believe you. the fact is, one character can't have more then one inventory. you said 8. I'm also starting to think you haven't even played GS1. the game starts in the past, and you see Felix. and then again before you even need Ivan you see him again, and have two party members at that point. second I don't think there are enough djinni to even get ninja class before you need whirlwind. plus, even if you were to hack whirlwind in, you still need to get Ivan and start a cut scene with him, because what he whirlwinds can't be whirl-winded by you in the game.

There are so many things wrong with what you said...

Edit: btw, even if you meant this was in GS2, there are still just as many problems with what you said.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

@zman: Yes, he was talking about GS:TLA, and yes, through hacking to make a four-man team of the same character, that character's sprite will only appear once, and will share a single health and PP bar, although that bar will appear four times across the top. Since the character also effectively occupies all four spaces, he or she will be hit multiple times by area-of-effect Psynergy. The character also gets multiple item inventory and djinn inventory slots, and will act four times in combat. It is also possible to clone Djinn similarly, but the multiple Djinn will behave as one; e.g., you will be unable to have two characters unleash Echo in the same turn.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

OK but this wouldn't be a glitch, it would be a hack. calling it a glitch, i would say you are lieing. saying it is in GS1 with Felix I would say you were lieing.

Calling is a changed version, or hack. OK sure.

but he didn't say he did it him self, and I'd think he would know enough that doing it your self isn't a glitch but results of game programming are. you can make a glitch happen, but you can't be the main cause in the first place. also the way he said it made me think he was using a normal game pack....

Aile~♥

He got the copy used, and whoever had it last had evidently been playing around with Action Replay codes.

ThanatosTheDark

Jamie is correct, I did have it on a game pak. In fact it might have even been before this site was created.

I did some research and found out that there isn't any action replay for TLA... only gameshark and code breaker and even then, there isn't any 'one man army' code.

:Felix: haha, I was a one man army and you don't know how to make it happen again. Take that wise-one

:WiseOne: watch yourself boy who is three brain cells short of physical retardation

Misery

There are character codes though, and the effect you described is exactly what happens when you use them to make all party members the same character. Hacked save file no doubt, deleting it was probably for the best.

ThanatosTheDark

It didn't effect the rest of the game at all.... except when you went into trial raod, you ended up in the battle lobby.

zman9000

Well that's a pain and kinda weird. the only thing I could think of is some one had action replay codes, wanted to sell the game, and just entered all the codes in for fun.

But again that's not really a glitch.

glitches can be found through hacking like the video I posted. basically flaws in the code that make random, weird, and bad things happen.

A well known example is, if you hack to make Isaac and Garet win the fight in Golden sun 1 where they fight Saturos and Menardi. when both bosses die, it still shows Isaac and Garet loseing. Also keep in mind as you do have luck, i have seen on a unhacked play through, i've had Isaac and Garet dodge 3 turns in a row. this means that (totally unlikely but) its possible to beat them with out hacking. it may take forever but the fact that it is possible in the code to do so, it could be called a unhacked Glitch

Misery

Uh, you're supposed to lose that battle, so I don't see anything weird about it. And I doubt the RNG is random enough that there's any possibility at all to beat them.

Also, you really can't blame the game designers for glitches caused by hacking.

Aile~♥

You could perhaps theoretically get that first glitch naturally by getting Isaac KO'd by random encounters before approaching the Djinni.

zman9000

No I can't. but there is a glitch that's actually a big problem with the game if you happen to run into it. I think I've said before, i'm working on a video to show exactly what it takes to make it happen. if you are stupid enough to make it happen... you will lock up the game. and won't be able to do anything other then restart.

Done with out hacking, can be done quicker with hacking. but I'm still having some trouble due to the amount of time it takes to trigger it...

Edit: @kain I was going to do that, but then i remembered a video that did that and you just end up back in your bed with full health.

Aile~♥

I'm NOT KAIN. Geez.

Anyway, point is, if Isaac gets KO'd by random encounters before the Djinni cutscene, but Garet is still up and kicking, would the Djinni tutorial glitch the way it did in your video?

Salanewt

Isn't there already a topic for glitches?

But other than that, this seems like an interesting bug. Glitches that are caused by hacking or cheating are fairly common, since developers don't try to bug out their games just to fix bugs.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

I don't remember exactly, but when you enter the cut scene even if he is dead, it will revive him and he will have full hp. when it ends he will be dead again. also even though Isaac had 0 max hp, before the scene he had one hp... which makes no sense, when he entered the battle he was dead, and because i hacked to get the djinni in vale first, it also showed Isaac with 2 djinni and Garet with zero... there were so many fails I wish i had filmed it...

dwkjohn

well. then here's a glitch. I don't know whether its been mentioned before or not though. u know that menu that comes up and u can go to anywhere in the game? well if u go to the part where you are on the boat coming out of lemuria and u go out the side exit but not all the way just right before the exit. the open that menu again and go to the end and choose staff_credit or whatever it is. then your ship will be #666 in the editor. and yeah. but then, use the menu and go somewhere else. u become on of the characters in that area. in 4 areas, u become a djinn.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.