News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Some question about GS editor on GS1

Started by AudreySophie, 20, November, 2011, 11:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AudreySophie

Hello, I did a little hack of golden sun 1, to see what could be done. I noticed severals thing

When I try to make an ennemy attack three times by turn, but not matter what I do, they only attack twince.  ( wonder why) First golden sun

I also tried to increase their hp, and did it, but It seem limited, I put for exemple the option boss hp to 14 000 for exemple and he died after taking 10 000 hp or less of damage. why?

These the two problems I encountered...

Kai Hong

For your first question, I found this too when I tried to hack equipment to give my characters a multitude of turns per round. No matter how much I tried, they could only go twice. I think there's a limit on the number of turns. The second issue is probably also to do with limits.
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

AudreySophie

Yeah. but what is strange is that in Gs 2, ennemy can attack three time per turn and not in gs 1.. H9o guess that do not really matters.

Maybe I'll just harden up to defense.

Rolina

Well, GS1 was a low level endgame, so they may not have felt the need to allow for higher stats in the code.  That's just a blind shot in the dark, though - what little I learned of programming I've pretty much forgotten.  I've forgotten so much since high school I'm actually ashamed of it. T-T

Mars

Quote from: AudreySophie on 20, November, 2011, 11:54:12 AM
Hello, I did a little hack of golden sun 1, to see what could be done. I noticed severals thing

When I try to make an ennemy attack three times by turn, but not matter what I do, they only attack twince.  ( wonder why) First golden sun

I also tried to increase their hp, and did it, but It seem limited, I put for exemple the option boss hp to 14 000 for exemple and he died after taking 10 000 hp or less of damage. why?

These the two problems I encountered...
The editor is made on GS2, so it might don't work well with GS1.

Rolina

Mars, the editor does work with GS1, and is technically designed to do so.  If there's a problem, it's a legitimate bug complaint.

Misery

Hmm, I thought the editor was made specifically for GS:tla, but can be used for GS1 as well since the games are so similar. But anyway, as the others have said, the limits on attacking turns and HP are limits within the game itself, the editor has nothing to do with it.

Rolina

At first, it was TLA only.  I think since V0.3 it's be workable with TBS as well, though.  I could be wrong, though.  It may have been back in 0.2...

Atrius (He/Him)

It was mostly compatible with it by v0.2.  I know there are still some problems due to differences in GSs data formats, but differences in limits like that have more to do with the game's engine than the editor.

I like to hear bug reports on GS, but functionality with TLA takes priority.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]