News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Alnylthyria, 24, November, 2011, 02:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alnylthyria

I'm new to these forums... And also to hacking Golden Sun, though it is my favorite series by far, is something I have yet to do.

I have, however, done a (very minute) bit of hacking on Megaman Zero 4 and Megaman Battle Network 5. I'd like to get better at this whole hacking thing, though.

Griever

Welcome to the forum !!!
Most of us here were new to hacking or simply had hacked different games.
Hope you have fun here, oh and do try to be active ^_^

Alnylthyria

I will try, though it may be difficult today/tomorrow what with Thanksgiving and all.

And to summarize my hacking experience: I take an Action Replay/Gameshark, look up codes that exist, and then screw with them. My only relatively successful hack like this was my creation of a new form in Megaman Battle Network 5.

Kain

Hi there and welcome to the forums.  Though a Megaman X fan, I haven't played the battle network series for very long, nonetheless I hope to see more of your work.  (Even if all most some of it goes over my head.)

Oh and make sure you've read the rules.  Otherwise, enjoy yourself.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Alnylthyria on 24, November, 2011, 02:32:17 AM
I have, however, done a (very minute) bit of hacking on Megaman Zero 4 and Megaman Battle Network 5. I'd like to get better at this whole hacking thing, though.
Oh, another Megaman hacker. I hack the nes games, myself. I mainly just do random crap to the games for fun, mostly on the first. Like making ol' Blueboy walk on water.

And hi, Alny.

ScottTheAdept

Hello Alnylthyria! Welcome to GSHC! Read the rules if you haven't already, be active, have fun, y'know all that cool stuff.
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Charon

Welcome! Don't forget to read the rules by clicking on the image in my signature.

I like hacking music, specifically songs compiled in the Sappy method. So I end up hacking all sorts of games since its fairly ubiquitous among GBA games. I haven't been doing much lately though...

Kai Hong

WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Greetings and Salutations, Anastasia. You don't mind if I call you Anastasia, right?[/reference]

Here at Golden Sun Hacking Community we are celebrating Atrius's hard work on an editor which edits the Golden Sun GBA games. This hacking forum has been here for a little over 3 years, and it seems to be growing with members even more, so enjoy making friends.

Have a nice US Thanksgiving.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Teawater on 24, November, 2011, 02:44:18 PM
Here at Golden Sun Hacking Community we are celebrating Atrius's hard work on an editor which edits the Golden Sun GBA games.
And waiting for then next Goldensun game. We do that aswell, you know it!

Alnylthyria

Well, thanks guys. It's nice to feel welcome!  :happy:

And I may not be on this weekend, as I'm leaving to visit my dad today, and he lacks internet.

Tan

Greetings internet person. Stay active, and remember, Kraden is always watching over you.
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Alnylthyria

Thank you! What should I do to get acquainted with the people on here?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Alnylthyria on 24, November, 2011, 03:55:42 PM
Thank you! What should I do to get acquainted with the people on here?
Be an active member, and read through the c-box archives, if you want to, you'll see the stuff you missed.

Alnylthyria

Alright. I guess that makes sense.

Ninja Steve

Quote from: Tan on 24, November, 2011, 03:52:06 PM
Greetings internet person. Stay active, and remember, Kraden is always watching over you.

Pretty much this.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Salanewt

Hang on, it isn't to late to type a more formal welcome after all!

So, yeah... Welcome! Enjoying this place so far?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kide

Welcome! Have fun, and enjoy your stay here!

Alnylthyria

Quote from: Salanewt on 28, November, 2011, 12:07:54 AM
Hang on, it isn't to late to type a more formal welcome after all!

So, yeah... Welcome! Enjoying this place so far?

Quite!

Misery

My bad - not only have I not greeted you, I haven't even said a single word to you.
So, hello and welcome.
(is that really all? I guess it is... :Sweat:)