News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Top Ten.... Various

Started by MaxiPower, 14, December, 2011, 06:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kide

The #1 for GBA Games.... I didn't like it at all... Sorry.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Kide on 14, December, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
The #1 for GBA Games.... I didn't like it at all... Sorry.

Why lol?

Rolina

None of the Battle Network games?  Not even one of them?  And two metroid games?  Really?  I can't agree with that list.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 14, December, 2011, 07:30:47 PM
None of the Battle Network games?  Not even one of them?  And two metroid games?  Really?  I can't agree with that list.

I didnt ask you to agree with that list.. its my list lol, thats the whole point of it.. And Im not a fan of Megaman games what so ever tho.

Kide

Why lol?

I don't think I'll have to explain that to you, have I? Who in here would play a game like that?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Kide on 14, December, 2011, 07:47:06 PM
Why lol?

I don't think I'll have to explain that to you, have I? Who in here would play a game like that?

oh lol i get ya now, i thought you were saying you didnt like the GBA list at all, like the whole list!

Kide

Oh no, I think it's actually a pretty good list. Just the fact it includes both Metroid games makes it even better!

MaxiPower

Quote from: Kide on 14, December, 2011, 07:56:23 PM
Oh no, I think it's actually a pretty good list. Just the fact it includes both Metroid games makes it even better!

good to see some love for the Metroid games, personally would love to see a new 2D one

Rolina

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 14, December, 2011, 08:38:53 PM
I didn't like fusion. :x

It was a let down, espically coming of the back of Super Metroid, but i still enjoyed it. Super is the best in the series by a clear mile, and for me problary the best game of all time due to how fluent the controls felt, dream to play.

zman9000

I didn't have that big a problem with you're gba list... except i would rearrange it a bit.
#10:Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land
#9:Pokemon r/s/e
*mindblur*
*mindblur*
#6:Fire Emblem
#5:Metroid Fusion
#4:The Minish Cap
#3:Mario & Luigi super star saga
#2:Golden sun
#1:Golden sun TLA

Damn is been so long since I've played any of my games other then golden sun... I forget what I have... lol
I know there's two games that should make it in my list... but I forget... -_-
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

For me it goes something like this:

I don't really have a number 10 (Pokémon Firered kind of sucked), but the rest goes like this:
#9: Drill Dozer (Hahah! Bet none of you ever played that!)
#8: Fire Emblem
#7: Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
#6: The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
#5: Golden Sun
#4: Pokémon Emerald
#3: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
#2: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (best game in the series)
#1: Golden Sun: The Lost Age
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Griever

Fire Emblem number 10? ..... That game is the best maybe after golden sun ... Fire Emblem 7 is better than 8 ... I think >_< longer with nicer story ...

anyway .. nice list ^_^

Aile~♥

Well, I personally haven't played the first FE for GBA much, so my opinion may be biased. All I know is that Ephraim is my favourite Lord in the whole series. Lyn and Eirika have low STR and weak defenses, making them take 5+ hits to KO an opponent, and resulting in them hitting half-health in one strike, and Hector has low DEF, SPD, and Skill. His STR isn't enough to make up for his low SPD, which makes him take hits at times when you really wish he wouldn't. Sure he can down a foe with two axe strikes, but he'll usually miss one first, and take two or three hits in the process, leaving him not much better than Eirika or Lyn. Ephraim doesn't have those problems. His SPD and decent Skill, and the highish STR bonus afforded by lances, gives him 90 to 100% accuracy on most foes, and often allow him to strike twice if the first hit isn't enough. It helps that Knights and Cavalier wield lances and swords, too, so he isn't on the wrong end of the weapon triangle with Reginleif, like Eirika is with the Rapier.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

I spent a long time playing Fire emblem on the gba... only reason i didn't but it higher is even though i played it as much as golden sun 1... i never beat it...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Top ten GBA games? There's way more than ten for me, so I'll just put my top ten game series on GBA. They don't need to have started on the GBA for me, only appeared on the GBA.

And in no particular order, here they are.

10. Legend of Zelda.
9. Castlevania.
8. Pokemon.
7. Boktai.
6. Summon Nights: Sword Craft Story.
5. Rockman EXE.
4. Rockman Zero.
3. Super Robot Wars.
2. Golden Sun.
1. Fire Emblem.

Even for game series, and not individual games, I'd still have to write a top 20 to fit them all on. Like the Mario GBA games, or Sonic Advanced.

Rolina

Nice list, Tetsuya.  Though I'd drop FE off and add Tactics Ogre to it.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 16, December, 2011, 03:08:30 PM
Nice list, Tetsuya.  Though I'd drop FE off and add Tactics Ogre to it.
I love Tactics Ogre, but I had to pick ten, if I wrote all my favourite game series, It'd take an age to read my post.

Knight of Purgatory

@Tetsuya:Super Robot Wars? Oh yeah my bro loved those games so much.
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES