News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Denise Here

Started by deniseweird, 15, July, 2009, 09:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deniseweird

Hi everyone, I'm Denise. I'm a general tech nerd and language nerd, and as you may have guessed from my username, I'm pretty weird, in all kinds of ways. I'm not the best at introductions, so I'll just let you ask if there's anything else you want to know. Cheers!

Zach

Hello Denise, welcome to our little forum. If somehow you didn't know, this is about a few things... Atrius' hacking tool's development, general hacking golden sun, and other GS information and what not. This doesn't mean hack to cheat, however, as our ultimate goal is to use these hacking skills to create a fan-made Golden Sun.

There are some of us that are good with the hacking bit, and others (such as Role, Charon, Atrius, ect.) whom are good at data collection and compilation to be used with the tools. Still others give ideas or encouragement (like myself), or even just hang out, which is cool too.

Be sure to follow the forum rules and guidelines, and to obey the Admin and Mods, or you may find yourself on the business end of Mj

deniseweird

Thanks for your welcoming. Yeah, I pretty much knew what the forum was about. But a fan-made Golden Sun? I didn't see that one coming. Sounds cool though. Can I have some more information about this?

Sure, the rules seem straight-forward enough, they shouldn't be too hard to follow. Garet eh? I will make sure to bash him when I see him, lol. ^^

Unfortunately, I do not possess any skills when it comes to programming or hacking. What initially led me here was the Golden Sun TLA editor that Atrius is working on. I'm a real fan of Golden Sun, and I was thinking of translating at least one of the games into my language.

The problem is just that I cannot hack ROMs, but Atrius editor shed some light into that idea, and if the language support gets expanded enough and all text becomes editable, it may become possible for me to use it for that purpose. :)

As you may have realized by reading this, I'm a real language nerd. When I said "my language" I wasn't referring to my native language, but the language that I am developing. ^^

Salanewt

Hello Denise, and welcome to the Golden Sun Hacking Community. I think that what you are planning on doing will be very helpful, and I wish you good luck with it.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:

I am surprised that Role has not nicknamed you yet...
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Matrim

Role has to respond for that to happen.

Hello and welcome the forums. I'm jdmj90, mod of the community section of the forums. Like said before follow the rules and make sure to meet the zany cast of regulars we have here.
Have fun.

Jdmj90

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Don't you bash me!

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 15 2009, 11:21 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Zach

Quote from: deniseweird on 15, July, 2009, 08:14:00 PMUnfortunately, I do not possess any skills when it comes to programming or hacking. What initially led me here was the Golden Sun TLA editor that Atrius is working on. I'm a real fan of Golden Sun, and I was thinking of translating at least one of the games into my language.

The problem is just that I cannot hack ROMs, but Atrius editor shed some light into that idea, and if the language support gets expanded enough and all text becomes editable, it may become possible for me to use it for that purpose. :)
Don't worry about it too much, I don't have any hacking/programming skills either, but you can contribute through other ways. Like through ideas, encouragement, data collection

deniseweird

Thanks everyone, I feel quite welcome now! :)

QuoteHello Denise, and welcome to the Golden Sun Hacking Community. I think that what you are planning on doing will be very helpful, and I wish you good luck with it.

Have a nice day.
Oh you think so? Well, if I manage to do it, I will definitely upload it here then! ^^

charleysdrpepper, are you Garet perhaps? ;D (A bit inconsistent with your display pic though..)

QuoteDon't worry about it too much, I don't have any hacking/programming skills either, but you can contribute through other ways. Like through ideas, encouragement, data collection
Thanks. Yeah, that's what I try to do. If you can't code something, at least you can give the devs a hand by giving suggestions, testing, etc. ^^ Btw, how do you really quote here? I managed to use the quote button and it works, but I can just copy text. I don't know how to make it show the right username and stuff. ._.

Rolina

Greetings and Salutations, Niece.  You don't mind if I call you Niece, right?

This is our little forum.  If somehow you didn't know, this is about a few things... Atrius' hacking tool's development, general hacking golden sun, and other GS information and what not.  This doesn't mean hack to cheat, however, as our ultimate goal is to use these hacking skills to create a fan-made Golden Sun.

There are some of us that are good with the hacking bit, and others (such as myself) whom are good at data collection and compilation to be used with the tools.  Still others give ideas or encouragement, or even just hang out, which is cool too.

Be sure to follow the Rules, and to obey the Admin and Mods, or you may find yourself on the business end of Mj

deniseweird

Quote from: Role on 19, July, 2009, 12:15:00 AMGreetings and Salutations, Niece.  You don't mind if I call you Niece, right?
Well, why not. XD Are you Aunt then? ^^

Rolina

If you can find a way to tie my name to Aunt, then certainly.  But...

deniseweird -> deniseweird -> nise -> (sounds like) Niece.