News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Sav Editor!

Started by Gamer2020, 22, June, 2012, 07:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamer2020

0xRH has been slowly working on a Golden Sun Sav editor and now finally it's being released! This is only for the English version of the first Golden Sun game. If this editor becomes popular we may release a Sav editor for the Lost Age.

screenshots:

Features:

Let's you edit how much money you have.

Let's you edit the status of all the characters.

To do:

Add Item, Psyenergy and Dijnn hacking.

Add the proper elemental offsets for Ivan.

Enable the renaming of characters.

Figure out why the other two save slots can't be edited.

Download(Do not upload this program to another host or production will be discontinued...):

Version 0.1.0.0

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

It sounds nice to have more SAV game editors!

By the way, I thought maybe you should know about this:  http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=823.0 (I couldn't ever get it to work properly when I tried long ago, though...)

I suppose I shall try yours, or rather, 0xRH's, out soon....  Then again, I'm having problems with this as well. Must be how VBA stores the data.

This was created in Visual Basic, wasn't it? I'm a Visual Basic programmer myself (There's an editor I'm making called Yoshi Magic, for the M&L series.)

If it is what I think it is, you have duplicated sets of text boxes for each PC.  To simplify things, the way I'd do it, is to use a combobox for the PCs and have just one set of textboxes that are used for each PC depending on which is selected. (Since you would store all your data in variables.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Gamer2020

Just give it time to load the sav. It works with the ones from vba and other emulators.

I made it in VB.net and I actually like how the data is displayed and have good reasons for it so that will not change.

What I meant by it not working is that I got an error. (That's how I found out the program was in Visual Basic.)

[spoiler=Error]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at GoldenSunSavEditor.Form1.OpenToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GoldenSunSavEditor
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/CHARLE~1/AppData/Local/Temp/ARC1851/GSSE/GoldenSunSavEditor.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.[/spoiler] If you notice anything that says "CHARLE~1", it is actually my other username, charleysdrpepper, shortened.

And after a bit of messing around, I think it's working now. I had to save on all three files in-game.

QuoteI made it in VB.net and I actually like how the data is displayed and have good reasons for it so that will not change.
The reason why I said what I said was because there was a time when I attempted an Enemy Editor for M&L:SS. When I tried giving each enemy a panel of textboxes, it slowed the program drastically. Only until I shared the textboxes with all of them, was the program speed ever fast enough. I assume it is because it actually takes time to process each control.. Including drawing and its huge list of properties and all. - Since you only have 4 players here, I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but it was just a little something I learned a long time ago.

Also, it looks like you spelled Psynergy wrong.
  Energy  (From Japanese)
Psynergy  (From English)

Psychic Energy.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Gamer2020

You could probably just hit continue and it would probably work. This program is only an alpha at the moment...

Actually, at the time I had that error. Hitting continue didn't populate any of the controls. But since I figured the problem was because I didn't save on any of the files in-game, it is no longer an issue.

Yeah, I understand that it is in Alpha.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Griever

Nice, though i cannot seem to be able to download >_< can you try uploading in mediafire?

Thanks in advance.

Rolina

Something about this has been bugging me...

Why are Elemental Power and Resists editable stats?  Isn't that a static value, only modified by equipment and djinn?  Or is there another purpose to it that I'm just not seeing at the moment?

Salanewt

I don't think they are completely static though, since you can edit them in RAM to change them yourself. It is likely just to make this tool a little more complete.

With that said, nice work!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Misery

Elemental power/resistance gets recalculated pretty often (based on the predefined values stored in the ROM, I assume), making it nearly pointless to edit it. But current elemental power is stored in the save file to be ready when you load the game, so yeah, it's probably just for the sake of completeness.

Gamer2020

Quote from: Teawater on 23, June, 2012, 07:59:26 PM
Actually, at the time I had that error. Hitting continue didn't populate any of the controls. But since I figured the problem was because I didn't save on any of the files in-game, it is no longer an issue.

Yeah, I understand that it is in Alpha.
Ah I see now ok.

Quote from: Griever on 24, June, 2012, 07:10:15 AM
Nice, though i cannot seem to be able to download >_< can you try uploading in mediafire?

Thanks in advance.
Never going to happen. Sorry.

Quote from: Rolina on 25, June, 2012, 07:41:00 AM
Something about this has been bugging me...

Why are Elemental Power and Resists editable stats?  Isn't that a static value, only modified by equipment and djinn?  Or is there another purpose to it that I'm just not seeing at the moment?

Quote from: Salanewt on 25, June, 2012, 08:52:49 AM
I don't think they are completely static though, since you can edit them in RAM to change them yourself. It is likely just to make this tool a little more complete.

With that said, nice work!

Quote from: Misery on 25, June, 2012, 04:00:00 PM
Elemental power/resistance gets recalculated pretty often (based on the predefined values stored in the ROM, I assume), making it nearly pointless to edit it. But current elemental power is stored in the save file to be ready when you load the game, so yeah, it's probably just for the sake of completeness.

I added it cause it's there pretty much.

So I should keep working on this I guess?

Gamer2020

I plan to update this within the next couple of weeks, I've just been busy.
Any requests?