News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Requesting Assistance - Air's Rock

Started by Rolina, 28, June, 2012, 02:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

So, I've been looking into trying to change what you get at air's rock - specifically, I'm working on a hack that has Sheba learn Cyclone there instead (reveal is now innate for her).  This would require two changes - a new room for Garoh, where the plan is to more or less copy the intro room, make most of it a hole, save the very... well, I'll just faux map it.

-----------------------------------

Old intro room, now B1

^

New intro room, mostly holes
            _________ 
           /    V    \
           |         |
---------------| |-----------------

^ is ascending cyclone pad
V is descending cyclone pad

Yes, phear my crappy mapping skills.  They make even amateur cartographers cry in agony.  Anywho, that's the gist of how I'm gonna get around that obstacle (which I think is the only other story obstacle).  But there's a different problem - I'll have to redesign the Air's Rock interior.  I opened the editor to take a look and see how I'd go about it.  Juuuust one problem...

It's too big a file for my computer to handle.  It crashes the editor.

So, as much as I'd rather figure out how to do this on my own, it looks like I'll be needing an assist on the map editing end of things.  My initial idea is to have a two-layered path appear out.  As you go to the tablet, you'll climb some stairs (the path you took in disappears as it did before, it's just a bit shorter now to allow for the climb in elevation).  The new path through the side appears, as usual, though where the reveal test would have been before, it's now a set of cyclone pads going down to the lower elevation.

For those of you who have the know-how and have computers who can handle the editor trying to load the file, could you help me out a bit here?  Plus, it'd make for a good template for those out there equally irked that "I went to Air's Rock and all I got was this lousy reveal".