News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Drake's intro

Started by Drake baku, 02, May, 2013, 08:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake baku

hello everyone, i only today noticed this topic (feel kinda stupid, been a member of more then one forum so not thinking about an intro area is kinda dumb for me XD)

well, still working on an mod, but not very active with it ATM

am more intreset ed in the RP section ATM, but have not heard from rolina about of my character is good or not yet...., so yeah XD

any questions BTW?

oh and sorry if my spelling is off, i live in Holland and my schools did not really cared about English it seems
(found the spell Check option, never mind then XD)

ElectricArcher

Welcome to GSHC! Foreign languages are hard, don't worry too much about it. I know what you're trying to say, and that's what matters.

I'll do my best to help with any questions you may have about your mod, so don't hesitate to ask!
I don't know too much about the RP thing, but I've heard that Rolina has had technical difficulties and is temporarily out of commission, so you may not hear from her for a while.

Drake baku

mostly working on the classes ATM, creating new ability's and classes, but i was looking at making my own weapons, including forged ones, any knowledge about how to connect a weapon with a forgeable item?

to bad about her having difficulties, well at least it is for a while, i was afraid she was gone from the site all to gether (happend to all other forums i was member with or made my self, but those where pure RP forums so... XD ) OK back untopic XD

i am going to post my RP character here later on and see what other people think about it then XD, before actually trowing it in the RP
that way at least people can tell of its to strong or anything

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quoteany knowledge about how to connect a weapon with a forgeable item?
Well, I don't think it can be done with the GS Editor, however, as for hex editing, I may have to look into it.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Drake baku

like said, posting my RP character for public opinion if its OK
i am changing a few things (few to make it look nicer and such, others because something seem to have gone wrong with saving on my lap, so i need to redo a few things i cant remember)

Name: Drake Baku
Home: unknown
Description:  About average in height and build, has dark brown hair with a red streak and yellow eyes, with a big  scar next to his right eye.
Demeanor: Trustworthy, calm, willing to self sacrifice but might seem a bit detached
Personality: having lost his memory's, he See's everyone that is even a bit close to him, or just generally around him as more important then his live, he only breaks a promise if he has a good reason, trough training and harsh experience's he has lost the general sensation of fear, making him take high risks, however he is smart enough to calculate the risks before taking them.

Build: Warrior
Element:  Jupiter
Class: Aura Charge --> Aura Battery --> Aura generator --> Aura Turbine--> Aura Storm
Psy Groups: Bolt, Ray, Plasma, Thunderclap, Aura claw, Aura sword, aura gauntlet, aura shield, aura sense
Stat Layout:

HP: Low
PP: High
Attack: Average
Defense: Average
Power: Average
Resistance: Average
Agility: High
Luck: Average

Unique Psys:

Aura Sense - Same as Mind Read, but able to sense emotions as well.
Aura Claw - Jupiter Psynergy Claw's on both hands to attack with. Power is 40.
Aura Sword - Jupiter Psynergy Sword extension on current weapon or user's arm. can cut bushes like whirlwind can in the game. Power is 60.
Aura Gauntlet - Jupiter Psynergy Gauntlet on right arm for very heavy fist attack with small chance of stun. can also be used as the force psynergy in the game . Power is 80.
Grave Arm - transformed version of the 'Aura gauntlet' covering his complete arm. transforms at 'aura turbine'. power is: ATK, SPD en DEF + 45. remains active until user deactivates it or uses Volt Release.
Aura Shield - Jupiter Psynergy shields on both arms, blocking most strait foreward attacks and able to protect Ally's that are close.
Volt Release - transformed version of Aura claw WHEN Grave arm is active. Uncontrollable yet extreme powerfull Lightning attack hitting all in the area (including Ally's), however after use it drain's users pp by 50% of max, makes grave arm unusable for half a day. (as that he will never use it when Ally's are near) - power is 1000 (boss killing move)

Equipped with:

Weapon: Hunter sword [+28 Attack]
Arm Protection: Leather Gloves [+10 Defense]
Chest Protection: Leather Armor [+12 Defense]
Head Protection: Leather cap [+3 Defense]
Leg Protection: N/A

Inventory: 

Hunter Sword (equipped)
Leather gloves (equipped)
Leather Armor (equipped)
leather cap (equipped)
Herb x2
Antidote x1
family relic

Bio:
waking up in the burning ruin's of a small town in the middle of the road surrounded by body's, he remember's nothing about what happend or who he is, he looked around for something, anything, not knowing what, finding a dairy he took the name in it as his own, when clearing the dust, ash and blood of a rather big wound on his head, from his face at a small lake he noticed that there was something hidden in his clothes, still unknown what it is, he thinks it is some sort of family relic as he seem to have protected with his own body.
after traveling a while he was found by an old man that took care of him for a little while by teaching him about alchemy and being an adapt by some real harsh training, now, after the man's natural death he is roaming around.

Aile~♥

Nobody seems to care that much about the RP section around here. It's been dead for a while. If you want to start one yourself, be my guest. Probably won't get far though.

Regardless, if you want to post OC bios, the RP or Creative Works sections are probably the best places to do it.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

ElectricArcher

Quote from: Drake baku on 04, May, 2013, 10:30:12 AM
mostly working on the classes ATM, creating new ability's and classes, but i was looking at making my own weapons, including forged ones, any knowledge about how to connect a weapon with a forgeable item?

Nice, abilities/classes/equipments are my favorite part! And these kinds of questions are the kind I can answer best :)
I don't know a way to connect new equipments to forgeable items, but it's pretty easy to replace existing items. For example, you could give the Orihalcon a new name and new icon, and then change the Millennium Helm to be a weapon with whatever icon, name, and stats you want.

The downside, of course, is that for every new forged item you create, an existing one would have to go. However, you could re-create the Millennium Helm (same name, stats, everything) in a new item slot, and then have some monster drop that item. That way, the Helm wouldn't actually be gone from the game, it would just be a random drop item instead of a forged one. You can use a similar strategy to change what items you get from certain chests, as well.

Drake baku

@jamie: OK, will place it in creative works soon then, about in RP, i read that rolina wanted to see them trough pm to prevent god modding, but she is unable to come online so i though, lets place it here then and see what others think for the RP XD
bummer about it being kinda dead trough..

@electric: was kinda thinking about doing that but i wanted to make more dragon type XD, easy way then would be to find the one with more then the dragon forge items and switch them, maybe the water essence XD

but now the next question, you mentioned about chests and drop items, how can i do that?, i guess hex modding? (have very little experience with that XD)
i was planning and even started on creating only self thought weapons and armor (kimono being the only exception) so already cleared all the names (witch later on i figured was very stupid XD)

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quotebut now the next question, you mentioned about chests and drop items, how can i do that?, i guess hex modding?
Correct! There should be a guide I made somewhere about where the data for chests is and what you can edit... probably in the Golden Sun Hacking forum. ; Either way, probably not recommended for newbies.

As for the drop items, it sould be doable in the Enemy Editor.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Drake baku

best is to do item drop thing then XD, thnks

ElectricArcher

Quote from: Drake baku on 05, May, 2013, 06:54:54 AM
but now the next question, you mentioned about chests and drop items, how can i do that?, i guess hex modding? (have very little experience with that XD)

Oh, yeah, I wasn't very clear. Sorry about that... I wasn't suggesting any hex modding - though that would definitely give you a lot more control.
I was only thinking about altering the data of an item that appears in a chest. For example, in my mod, I wanted Levatine to be a one-of-a-kind item, so I just switched it with an item that's already one-of-a-kind. I found the Fire Brand in the game's data, changed its name and stats to match Levatine's, changed Levatine's name and data to match the Fire Brand's, and so now Levatine is a one-of-a-kind item found in a chest in Treasure Isle (and the Fire Brand can be forged from Mythril Silver).

This approach doesn't give you a whole lot of control, of course, but with a bit of ingenuity you can accomplish a lot with it, no hex modding required.

The item dropping is much simpler - you've probably figured it out already with Teawater's help, but I'll say it again using a few more words anyway. Every monster can drop an item, and the Editor lets you pick which item it drops and how often. All you have to do is find the enemy you want in the Editor and select what item it drops.
This is probably the easiest way to introduce new items (without overwriting existing ones) - find an unused item slot (one of the "?" ones), fill in some data, then have an enemy drop it.

Quote from: Drake baku on 05, May, 2013, 06:54:54 AM
i was planning and even started on creating only self thought weapons and armor (kimono being the only exception) so already cleared all the names (witch later on i figured was very stupid XD)

Ouch. I'm gonna have to agree with you there, clearing out all of the names wasn't your best idea :P
You might be able to figure out which item was which by the rest of its data in most cases, if you haven't cleared that out as well. But your best bet will probably be to open up a clean version of the game and compare - the item slot numbers are what really matter, after all.

One more thing I suppose I should mention - the numbers in brackets next to the item name (when you go to edit it) can matter. I'm not sure what the first one's for (it seems like it's always [29]), but the second controls the text that appears when you get the item.
For example, when you pick up an item named "[29][5] Levatine", the text reads "You got Levatine". Change it to "[29][6] Levatine" and it'll read "You got the Levatine". I think [2] is for "a" and [3] is for "an", but don't quote me on that.
I don't know what happens if those bracketed numbers aren't there, but I'm guessing nothing good.

Drake baku

got a lot to learn ^^, maybe its best to ask my questions here or pm you with them in the future XD

yeah, opening a new file and restoring the names that way will be a lot easier, the way i thought about to fix it was with the wikia, looking at the picture's of each weapon and finding the name for it XD

most weapons on one hand i would not mind of i cant find its name, but i do need it with the forge weapons at least so XD

got a lot of work to do, so i decided that before working further on the mod, i am going to work every thing out before hand, like i already was working on classes and ability's and such ^^

in the creative works i already posted my main character (a bit fixed for the RP section and for this site as i am working from scratch and disregarding the original classes XD)
mostly wondering about how to fill in my other characters for the here on those bases XD (mostly the where there from and such info, have no idea about the place names in the RP section of the world XD)