News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Dark Mail - The New Age of Email Privacy?

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 13, December, 2013, 09:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Dark Mail?

Sounds pretty good, but I'm satisfied with what we already have..
0 (0%)
Sounds pretty good, but I'm satisfied with what we already have..
0 (0%)
No thanks.
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Official site:  http://darkmail.info/

It might come in 2014, but for now, you can get your email on their mailing list.  If I read right, I think this is peer-to-peer email transfering... Without storing it on a centralized server. Even to the point where the company doesn't have any decryption keys to give to the Gov't. because each email is encrypted with a random encryption key. Or something like that.... I'm not fully sure how it all works, though.

The goal is to avoid snooping from hackers, government agencies, data mining companies, etc.

Related news articles!
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/10/30/dark_mail_alliance_lavabit_silent_circle_team_up_to_create_surveillance.html
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/10/11/lavabit_s_ladar_levison_says_feds_demand_would_have_forced_massive_commercial.html
http://bgr.com/2013/10/31/darkmail-alliance-secure-email-standard/
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Wolf

If you ever have a message that requires this much privacy you're better off hand delivering it in an envelope.

Misery

I don't think I'll be using this, as I avoid giving out important private information via mail anyway. But I hope this form of mailing will become popular. Won't it require both the sender and the receiver are online at the same time, though?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

In my opinion, I suppose it could be used as a "just-in-case" scenario. Even for plain general messages. Or something like that. (Ex: Things that could be misleading...)  There's a lot you can learn about people just by reading their general messages.  Things like personality traits, insanity, etc. How close you might be to someone, and so on.   And writing styles can help determine where someone might have came from.   Even in such situations, you could indirectly reveal too much information without even knowing it.  (That's why you should also be careful what you publicly 'like' and who you publicly 'friend'... when it comes to permanent identities.. things like that can get rather crippling.)

Ofcourse, I will probably continue to use yahoo for the majority of my mail. (Which is usually junk mail from registering accounts, and perhaps other similar stuff.)

Also, I am not sure about your question, but maybe each email account gets their own secured server..? (Rather than having them all on the same server.) (I will probably have to reread this stuff to make sure, though.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)