News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

TWEWY

Started by Wolf, 25, December, 2013, 12:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

A thread for general TWEWY talk and the occasional off topic discussion.

Somehow I was late to catch this spin off.

Despite the exclusive release you can pick this game up for free on your phone if certain requirements are met.  Sadly a language barrier can sap the experience more so than usual since you won't be able to communicate with the other nineteen players in your group without knowing the language.  Do you plan on getting it?

Coco Atarashi, the reaper guide in the game, was added to the iOS version of TWEWY as the owner of her own shop.  Hopefully this signifies the release of Live Mix for other regions or at least gives another nod to the sequel.

Source link: http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_Ends_with_You_-Live_Remix-
One of the new tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVeJEneoHv0 (You can find it in English, Japanese, and instrumental)

Guide: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/61204/t1890652-live-remix-new-players-guide/#1

Knight of Purgatory

Err, TWEWY is a DS game right?
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Aile~♥

There's also an iOS version available on the App Store. It's 39.99 plus tax, if I recall correctly.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Wolf

Quote from: Knight of Purgatory on 25, December, 2013, 03:27:29 AM
Err, TWEWY is a DS game right?

The original was on the DS, it was updated and modified for iOS devices with extra content.  The latest game is an iOS exclusive.

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 26, December, 2013, 02:12:58 AM
There's also an iOS version available on the App Store. It's 39.99 plus tax, if I recall correctly.

$8.99

Knight of Purgatory

So, it would be like ghost trick then
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Thunder-squall

played TWEWY and GhostTrick recently.  But on the DS.  Haven't played the iOS stuff.

What kind of stuff do you guys expect to talk about?  Are you trying to get a buch of people to get the latest TWEWY Remix so you guys can play together?

Wolf

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 30, December, 2013, 08:32:13 PM
What kind of stuff do you guys expect to talk about?  Are you trying to get a bunch of people to get the latest TWEWY Remix so you guys can play together?

Anything TWEWY related.  No, the game is mostly in Japanese with the exception of English words scattered throughout it.

Knight of Purgatory; Perhaps...  I haven't played Ghost Trick before.

Thunder-squall

I think ghost trick is completely incomparable to The World, so I'll leave it aside unless people want to talk about it.

My favorite thing about World Ends was the level slider, where you could keep your level artificially low and increase the difficulties and rewards of the game.  I thought was genius.  Have other games done that?

Wolf

The first game that came to mind is Lego Indiana Jones because it has an in-game adaptive difficulty option that effects the amount of studs you lose depending on the amount acquired.  One achievement in every level is reaching a set number of studs making the life chipping enemy hordes much more obnoxious when attempting to complete it.  Beyond that lingering in certain areas would allow an infinite amount of enemies to spawn.

Thunder-squall

Lego's more of an exploration game, right?  Customizing difficulty in TWEWY seemed a lot more satisfying, because you could really do it on a moment to moment basis, more often. That's just the benefit of a battle based game, as opposed to a long form, exploration based game (that's what Lego Indiana Jones is, right?)

And because you had a chart of enemies, and a record of what you knew they dropped, players had incentive to experiment with different difficulties, to "complete" the bestiary.

Switching gears, the story of TWEWY never quite hit with me.  I dig the message of the title, and the story was interesting entertaining to be in, but the big reveal with Joshua being God seems a bit weird.  I don't quite get what the big ideas are.

Disclaimer:  Haven't unlocked all the extra story scenes, or game+ stuff.

Wolf

Yes, Lego Indiana Jones is sort of an action adventure game with a focus on collecting and unlocking.  TWEWY's difficulty system is way better.  (Don't forget to purchase the Ultimate difficulty level.)

Joshua isn't that high up.  He's basically the top person over Shibuya's games with an unspecified number of figures who oversee him and the other Composers.  This makes me wonder if Joshua was literally going to destroy Shibuya.  The secret reports and secret ending will reveal more details.

During Another Day go to the top of the tower in Pork City.  What's at the top is worth the effort it takes to get there.

Thunder-squall

to clarify, which version of the game are you talking about?

aside:  I've seen TWEWY in thread titles on the Adept's Refuge as well. Are you involved there, and is that where most of your TWEWY conversation is happening?

Wolf

DS

Nope.  It looks like they were thinking about starting a game based on TWEWY.

Thunder-squall

Sorry, I got confused with "Another Day" and "top of Pork City Tower," or whatever.  BUt this is all stuff I can check a wiki at.

Was TWEWY really popular in this group when it came out?

Wolf

I don't think so.  There aren't any other threads about it showing up with the search.

Found a guide for Live Remix.  I'll put it in the first post.

Thunder-squall

maybe unrelated, but I was looking for some sprites to test today, and my favorite option was to pick the black stuffed cat from TWEWY, that does the fighting on the top screen.  It had basic attacks and motions I wanted, but also had minimal animation for moving or whatever, which would've made my coding work easier.

But I suppose it doesn't make sense to introduce the cat as a "Dark Djinn" into the world of Golden Sun, does it?

Wolf

TWEWY Live Remix will be shutdown on the 28th.  (That explains Coco's apologetic bow.)  The game was fun while it lasted and introduced a pin absorption upgrade system along with new items, pins, and brands.  Hopefully they use the new material in a sequel.

Edit: There was a message in game that had the date mentioned.  That was definitely the one announcing the game's closure.

I couldn't play for a while due to a signal problem, but managed to get back on today.  Finally earned a character pin with Uzuki on it.  The "character pins" have pictures of various cast members from TWEWY and do a ton of damage.  They appear to be one of the many end of the week prizes given to winning teams.

@Thunder-squall; You could try using Mr. Mew as a sprite base.

Thunder-squall

@ Wolf: yeah, that's what I did.