News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Dark Dawn's the only Golden Sun game you've really played: what are you missing?

Started by Thunder-squall, 09, January, 2014, 07:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kioll

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 11, January, 2014, 10:13:31 PM
I didn't think that species as a whole were linked with psi energy.  I thought it was just an individual thing.

Though it is interesting that the only beastman we know to have psi-powers had jupiter powers, just like those werewolves.

Sveta was a fanservice character...  Players had been wanting to play a werewolf since the start of TLA.  And so they gave us a werewolf.  Sorta.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Aile~♥

The Crush Psynergy of Dark Dawn is a combination of the Pound and Burst Psynergies.
The Grip Psynergy of Dark Dawn is pretty much just Catch with a few more neat things added.
Fireball does everything Blaze did plus some, though I'm sure more usage could be added for Blaze than just "use torches to shoot fire at things".
Dark Dawn's Arid Heat is Parch, but Mars elemental and with an in-battle use.

Personally, as far as out-of-battle Psynergy use goes, I think Dark Dawn had one of the best areas in the form of Talon Peak. (Yeah, let's just use Crush to knock down a plateau and use it as a bridge. Totally normal.) That clockworks area underneath the Warriors' Hill was also a neat environment, especially with those seesaws you use to launch yourself. The Apollo Lens and a few other similar places also made good use of Grip Psynergy, using it for parkour tricks with those horizontal bars.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Misery on 12, January, 2014, 09:04:33 AM
Some beastmen state in their dialogue that their transformation occured as an effect of the Golden Sun event. Prior to that, they were all either pure humans or pure beasts.

It's pretty cool that the ancient umbral gear would only fit beastmen, indicating that they existed long in the past, probably due to working and living in close proximity to Golden Sun effects.  I'm thinking about hitting up the Dark Dawn wikis, and I expect I'll like what I found about the history.