News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Elements, personalities, and philosophies

Started by Thunder-squall, 13, January, 2014, 08:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder-squall

Are there any personalities and philosophies that are associated with the elements? I.e. Do Sweta and Karis have certain things in common?

I vaguely remember a puzzle in Dark Dawn which involved triggering 12 Zodiac symbols, but I can't remember if there were specific elements associated with them.

EDIT:
I found this old question raised by Rolina, which also strikes my interest. Do the elements have "ideals?"

Quote from: Rolina on 10, February, 2013, 12:56:01 AM
So, over in the Golden Sun Adept's Refuge, the four elemental clans aren't mono-elemental at all.  This is kind of forced, since many areas strong in the energy of particular elements are found in nations with differing elemental alignments - for example, both Air's Rock and Aqua Rock are within the Venus Clan's territory.  As such, they instead represent the "ideals" of an element.

Raetah

I do actually know a person that did a post based in a another forum relationing personalities and the 4 "elements" and the level of compatibility between the different personalities of the elements and many descriptions of the personalities of those elements. However all that post it is written in Spanish.

Thunder-squall

Buen,  usaria Google-Translate?  I have no idea whether I just said anything...

In Dark Dawn, Karis and I guess her dad were known as the smart ones.  And that reminds me of the Tao, with "father sky" and "mother earth."  The white part of the tao was about elucidating information, and the dark part was about emotional comfort (the earth was sort of like a womb).

Along those lines, I'd group Mars and Jupiter in the aggressive light category, and Mercury and Venus in the gentle dark category... But I'm just spit-balling here.

Wolf

Quick stereotypical guide.

element group: positive;negative

:VenusDjinni::VenusStar: sturdy;stubborn

:MarsDjinni::MarsStar: energetic;rash

:MercuryDjinni::MercuryStar: adaptable;yielding

:JupiterDjinni::JupiterStar: ambitious;selfish