News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[IDEA]Let's get move on GSDD's hacking.

Started by cai_miao, 20, January, 2014, 07:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cai_miao

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2182.0

As I wrote at this post, It's not impossible to figure GSDD out.

First, we need to LEARN how the most important DATA saved.(those items, characters, else.)

Next, learn how to make those 3D models editable.(Now it can just be viewed. But we can do sth further.)

--------------------

In fact, 3D models are not as important as data lol.

We made wonderful hack in GS1/2. GSDD could better as well.

Thunder-squall

So I guess the first thing in this battle is to assess who we have in our army, and how they can contribute.

In the short term, consider me a non combatant.  As an aside, it's my suspicion that our current population doesn't have the interest for this, but all you lurkers out there, post in the thread and prove me wrong. 

Knight of Purgatory

The problem here would be, that we do not really have the man power me thinks. And some of us dont really know much about the code of games ( Including me XD )
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

For this one, for me... The No$gba debugger crashes, and desmume is slow... that also means I have a lack of motivation at the moment. (I'm sorry...)

I do have a topic, though:

GS: Dark Dawn (U) Data List (WIP) = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1961.0
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Wolf

Here's an old topic about editing GS:DD's EXP multiplier code.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/reverse-engineering-golden-sun-dark-dawn-exp-multiplyer-code.272880/

There should be more information about modding GS:DD around the web.

Misery

Not too interested in hacking DD, myself...
Although I am kind of interested in the 3D stuff, but it doesn't amount to any more than curiousity.

Crystal Sonata

I never even finished playing DD (My DSi got stolen and I never really bothered to get a new one). Give it a few more years, maybe more interest will spark. Everyone like re-playing and hacking "The classics". Dark Dawn just doesn't really count as a classic yet.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

VanishMantle

If I have the time I will check into it and see what i can contribute to this. Though I have no expert at this stuff for sure.

Thunder-squall

I've come across some DD hacks as part as basic google searches in the past.  Maybe a good starting point would be to compile a record of existing work and references on the topic?