News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The Leaving User Thread

Started by Charon, 04, July, 2009, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

See ya Kioll.  I hope everything turns out alright.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

Yeah guys. I hope everything goes well for the two of you, and that you will be able to return to have some more fun with us!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

1. Yes, some people think your prank overstayed it's welcome, I'm among them, deal with it in a mature manner.

No @#$%, that's why I worked to take it down and appologized, and gave people special treats after it was all over. And what if for some reason I wasn't able to reach my computer during this time and the theme was forced longer than it should have? What if I were sick, or in the hospital?

2. I would love for you to PM me your justification for banning Teawater

He was ruining the joke, makes you happy, eh? In addition I told him several times to just play along, but I suppose it was over the line. That's why I gave him additional coins.

3. The reporting system is supposed to be private, and anonymous.  You are breaking the level of trust expected from your position by talking about it publicly.

So its okay to go around and let people just bullshit reported posts? I've seen plenty of posts that she's reported that have reasonable justification, but her last few reports have disgusted me. So sorry about being vocal about a member who probably @#$%&*! deserves it.

4. Do not tell people not to use the reporting system, that is the same as telling them not to tell us when they think someone is breaking the rules.

I did not, I told them not to ABUSE it. Unless it suddenly becomes okay for me to just report every post I don't like all the sudden?

Yup, I get it, I get it, you want to go suck everyone's cock to make everyone in the whole world happy. You're @#$%&*! butthurt because I extended April Fools for 2 days longer, oh boo hoo. Go @#$% yourself. Seriously. You are whining because I extended the April Fool's theme for an additional 2 days, like I said earlier, what if I was sick or unable to reach the internet? I'm sick of this @#$%, I'm sick of how every time I come on here I have to deal with the same bleeding @#$% who has to go around and treat me like @#$%&*! @#$%, and then I can't do anything about it because you're too busy patting her @#$%&*! @#$. I don't even care anymore about your stupid convoluted problems, MISS NOTHING-IS-GOOD-ENOUGH-FOR-ME, all you have done is BITCHED AND COMPLAINED FOR ME TO DO SOMETHING FOR A FORUM I HATE GOING TO BECAUSE THE USER POPULATION IS @#$%. There is a damn good REASON why I abandoned this forum for months at a time and its because I had to deal with the likes of HER.

No, I'm not mad because you "put me on probation". No, that's not what I'm mad about - I was thinking about leaving a few months ago because of the constant harassment from her. I'm mad about this bullshit that's gone on for MONTHS with ONE @#$%&*! MEMBER that you and I all know about and I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO DO @#$% ABOUT because you are too busy patting her @#$. Well you know what, @#$% her, and @#$% you too. I'm not going to associate myself with a bunch of petty @#$ motherfuckers who only care about keeping everyone happy-dappy, because you know what, after what she said to Kain, and how she used her recent loss to GET BACK AT HIM, she deserves @#$% ALL. But when I finally do something to tighten her MOTHERFUCKING @#$ because she is ABUSING THE REPORT SYSTEM and CAUSING A FIASCO, it's my @#$%&*! fault for getting on her @#$? Well Jesus sweet @#$%&*!#@$%&, if I had my way, she'd be long @#$%&*! gone, and I think most people would be happy to hear that.

I appologize to Teawater since I think he's the only one here who deserves an apology. Everything else I said @#$%&*! stands.

@#$% this @#$%. I'm @#$%&*! leaving. I'm not coming back. Find someone else to go pat her @#$. Maybe you should make FrozenBlade the admin? I would say she's quite good at it.

Salanewt

Things won't be quite the same with you gone, but I'll support your decision and keep the fond memories of things around here in mind. That, and there's always Skype!

So, yeah... Have fun, friend.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Um... Holy crap. Ragequit, much? I think Charon is overreacting. And don't bring Frozenblade into this when they haven't done anything. Other than that, bye. And good riddance, if you're going to behave like that over a petty dispute with one of the members.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

*Sigh* You've been an invaluable partner these past few years, and the forums are a lot better place thanks to all of your hard work.  Without you we wouldn't have the clans, coins, the badge shop, or nearly any of the other fun features added to the forums since their creation.  It's sad to see it end this way, but I'll remember you from the good times.

Of course I try to make everyone "happy-dappy" it's pretty much my job as admin.  It's not like I enjoy jumping in the middle of arguments I'd rather have nothing to do with, it's just what I do to try to make the forums a friendlier place for everyone else.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

leaf

Bye charon. Except not really bye, because I still have you on skype~ <3

That said, I think we all know who's really at fault here. *cough*role*cough*
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Hoopa

...Well, I see that worked out well (sarcasm). Sad to see you leave Charon, it's been fun with you adding stuff to the forums.

I don't really see why this conflict rose to this level when it could have been resolved long before, but I digress. Farewell Charon.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Aile~♥

@Atrius: I actually expressed as much to Charon myself. That it really is (or... was, now) her job to make sure things run smoothly.

Also, I kinda want to apologize for my attitude earlier. I look at that post now and basically what I see is "well, that was rude". So I think I should explain myself. I have a bit of a grudge against Charon, due to an event which happened through PMs. Basically, Role and I were both complaining at her about her being away for months and not managing the forums etc., and she got angry that I was taking Role's side. Partway through our fight, she accused me of being pissy at her about losing my Mod status. And I'm still kinda angry at her for banning Teawater over an April Fool's joke.

@Snivy: I think it's unfair to accuse only Role during this. Yes, she was unreasonably aggressive when expressing her dislike of Charon's way of running the forum. But the way I see it, the fight started like this:
1. Role complained. Some of these complaints weren't entirely unfounded.
2. Charon tried to accommodate her. For her part, Role complained some more, in between random spurts of congratulating.
3. Charon decided that everything Role said was a passive-aggressive attack against her. She responded with anger.
4. Everything escalated, to the point where Role started making direct attacks against Charon. She also decided that everything Charon said when she wasn't raging at Role was a passive-aggressive attack against her.
5. Charon responded by making actual passive-aggressive and direct attacks against Role.
6. Charon and Role take turns ragequitting repeatedly, frequently making direct and/or passive-aggressive attacks against each other as they do so.
7. Various people join the argument at various points in time. All are insulted and/or raged at by whomever they are against.
8. I join the argument, sometimes taking Charon's side and sometimes taking Role's side. Role proceeds to congratulate me when I join her side, and use Troll Logic against me when I join Charon's side. Charon, for her part, ignores me when I join her side, and ridicules (and eventually gets angry at) me when I join Role's side.

So really, it's instigated repeatedly by both sides. Charon, being an admin, should have left it alone long ago. Atrius, being an admin, could have stepped in before it got to this. I, when I still had my mod privileges, should have stepped in before it got to this. However, I was afraid of angering the admin. All this goes to show is that I have no backbone whatsoever. Hence why my mod status was revoked.

Kain

In order

Charon:  Sad to see you go.  Although we can still talk on Skype and Steam.

Jamie:  WTF dude, that's just rude.

Atrius:  ...

Snivy:  Agreed.  I don't care anymore, I flat out agree.

Hoopa:  Well said.

Jamie:  ...
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Crystal Sonata

-Sigh- I hate to see you leave Charon. You were my favorite member until April fools rolled around. A bit of a ragequit, but I guess you deserved a little bit of fun. We hit you a bit too hard (Or at least I did) in protest of "April Fools".

On a sidenote: I wouldn't mind being the co-admin, but I don't know how well Atrius would take that idea. And what do you mean by "Find someone else to go pat her @#$. Maybe you should make FrozenBlade the admin? I would say she's quite good at it." I pat nobody's @#$, plain and simple.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

zman9000

I see it this way. this whole deal started as a complaint. the complaint became more complaint's. over time negative feelings toward each other let to bigger argument and ultimately some one would leave.

this could have been easily stopped by a number of people not just the admin's and global mod's.
The problem is when i think of a global mod, they are under the admin's, while the admin's aren't around as often, they may have to take matters into their own hands. how far they should take it or how big a punishment should be in certain fights isn't clear and can lead to taking less or no action.

I don't exactly blame Jamie, he was a mouse trying to stop Godzilla and Kong from tearing each other apart.
From what I've seen Charon might have felt some what the same way. And I could remember many times where she asked Atrius what to do.
Atrius can't always login every day and thus the chain of command is broken down to people who aren't 100% sure how to handle said problem.

Lastly the members who have seen this back and forth fighting (my self included) are some what to blame as well. When these fights break out and you see it, its best to report the disturbance to an admin or global mod. feeling the problem doesn't have to do with them makes them not want to get involved.

Well  now the site feels like its falling apart. people are leaving or planning to leave because of this constant fighting. well known and long time members are leaving. Sure we get some new faces from time to time, but most don't stay long. And the only real thing holding this group of people from around the world together is the community hack.

I personally would love to pick a side in this, but that won't help. Its our own fault it has come to an admin leaving.

and finally for those who can't stand role
[spoiler]You may have good reason to be mad at her, i'm sure we all have at one point or another. But for the sake of the forum, don't start a fight. this goes for role as well. I don't give a sh*t about how much one side pisses the other off. STOP STRIKING BACK. Role still ticks me off from time to time, but i won't let that destroy this site.[/spoiler] I have a hack i want to do, and i want to share it with other people. I think this fighting over every little disagreement has gone so far that you may have forgotten why the hell your here in the first place. Be it advice, extra input, social, or what ever. you didn't come here to fight, you came to make your hack, a hack of a game you liked a lot. SO STOP THE FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER! I CAN'T STAND IT ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Knight of Purgatory

@zman: (applaudes). what a brilliant and passionate speech. 100+ respect, anyway, yes i agree we should stop the fighting and start the hacking again. This is a HACKING COMMUNITY, not an argumentative one. Just saying.
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Frog

Oh wow, I know i'm barely here, but anyway.
Sad to see you go Charon, if it wasn't for your pokemon hack I never would've found this place, and nobody can deny just how much you've done for the forum.
I'm not gonna take a side in any of this, but I must admit I found the whole april fools theme pretty funny.
Anyway, definitely the end of an era, and you'll be missed.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Aile~♥

@zman: Hey, Role was below my level, technically speaking. Seeing as I was the Mod and she wasn't. But it really wouldn't be fair to punish just one side of the argument. Hey wait, what's that thing up in the corner there? OH YEAH, it's the report button! I completely forgot about that... Huh. DX

Rolina

Gonna be honest here - if she's really gone, I think her replacement needs to not be from this site - someone, preferably that Atrius knows, who can take a neutral approach, without any of the grudges or opinions that we would have (and likely use to abuse power).  Their duties would be similar to Charon - basically, taking care of the forum, and introducing new features as needed, modifying existing ones as requested, etc.

I honestly don't think anyone currently in the forum is qualified, since we're all opinionated as hell in terms of our views on each other, so the best chance at salvaging this is to bring in an outside party whom atrius trusts.

Salanewt

So no goodbyes or farewells of any type, just straight to the replacement business in "The Leaving User Thread"? Ouch.

And I expect that I'll be off more often soon, seeing as my wound is healing up and I plan on going outside more. Not sure how you will be able to contact me, so I wouldn't bother trying... Oh, I'm still waiting for a bit longer, so you can consider this to be some information in advance.

Rolina

I avoided saying anything because I didn't feel like people attacking me for either A:  Being a hypocrite/politician with my reply, or B: being a rude cruel person with my reply.  Apparently, taking the third option and avoiding the subject didn't work either...

Crystal Sonata

Agreed. That would probably be better than anyone on this forum.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]