News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Minecraft (its happening!) [but I need help]

Started by Dullahan1116, 25, March, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dullahan1116

The link to the mod file has been removed.

(I will add another link next weekend (though I plan on leaving it up if I get enough added this week))

Next testing day will be next Saturday (April 5th) from 2:00pm to 6:00pm [CST].

Majora

Looks pretty sweet, I'll play Minecraft from time to time, very relaxing game.
Have you considered adding Djinn

Thunder-squall

What would djinn do?  I'm not a minecraft player, so I don't know, but can people currently take goats out of their inventory and just plop them down?  Because ideally djinn would be NPCs which you could add to your inventory, talk with, and also equip.

Majora

EDIT: Only just now read that you are indeed already thinking of Djinn, very good. Glad you're developing it for 1.7.2 as well, personally think that should be the go-to version for developers.

Yeah, they have lots of crazy mods for that game. There's one that adds hundreds of Pokemon in the game, all with custom models that conform to the game's general look.  Accurately replicates the classic battle and capture system, leveling and evolution, shiny capture rates, looks like it's pretty in-depth.

All sorts of NPC mods. Have one on a server myself and a few friends use. Check out the ridiculous aliens:
http://imgur.com/cPF21E6,Udv8pHT,1RDh7Dt,C5INLFU,SQEzCR1,o9MENKJ,Xq3V7kl,6q0FuWZ,3chy4QX,fVk24x8,Ppb6DvN,sE8tdjJ,2P8xdzM,CAFQWlJ,R1ybGgP,fZbBmV5,AwWG1YQ,iWLwuqv,HaaEftg,v23FgDW,4rWkNFl,byypJXM#7

Can imagine Djinn would be a pretty cool addition.  
Could have Venus Djinn automatically ripen nearby crops and produce 'Ivy' items the player can plant at the foot of unclimbable cliffs, on which the Psynergy move "Growth" could be used to create a climbable rope system.  I think an existing mod named "Ropes++" has a similar feature going, could take a look at how it handles rope items, could be as simple as replacing its textures.

Mercury Djinn could freeze water blocks directly underneath them within a small radius, creating traversable platforms of ice for the player to walk upon. Could give them the ability to summon rain in the manner of the 'toggle downfall' command (could set it so torches are somehow temporarily put out during rainfall).

Mars Djinn could spew fire and create TNT-like explosions, and Jupiter Djinn could summon small 'Gusts' that dispel allotments of placable ivy that could be used to block and conceal things like doors and cave entrances.

Could implement a summoning system where you're able to summon the battle summons like Judgment and all that when you have the specified number of Djinn in your survival inventory.  All sorts of cool possibilities

Luna_blade

I'm unable to help you test Saturday, but my brother may be of assistance.
He will post here under my name.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

due to taking way to long to figure this out (see video for more info) I am not doing testing this weekend.
However, I am happy to say that Move Psynergy is in the game now :D

Move Psynergy 99%

Luna_blade

Okay understood.
BTW, that move psyenergy looks great!
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

I will be doing testing this Saturday (next week is pre-alpha week, meaning I will probably be pushing a new version out every day (might be a bit wonky on Tues. and Thurs. but otherwise should be cool))

Dullahan1116

Just use the standard Minecraft launcher and set it to 1.7.2 (and run it once)

Correct Minecraft Forge: Forge 1.7.2-1024
(note: this is a .jar file,  ^^^^^^^^^^^,  if you are on windows and don't know/can't get the .jar to run: use this)

After you have installed Forge, run Minecraft once (with your forge profile) and then go to the mods folder inside your .Minecraft folder.
(if you are on Windows, go to your search bar and type "%appdata% (ignore quotation marks))

Mod (page 5)

Teamspeak server address: 108.88.84.136

Minecraft Server address: 108.88.84.136:27787

Dullahan1116

Note: My server guy has placed a whole bunch of random crap around the world near spawn. sorry about that (you want to go to the sandstone building)

Luna_blade

Could you please start an entire, new, fresh map? all the animals and other stuff are killing my PC
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Luna_blade

I am sorry to say but it appears that i cannot longer test, probably because of something that was added to the game (hint: minecraft realms options) as last time i tested i had no framerate problem and now gettin 1 fps is rare.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Luna_blade

no, there i also get about 0-1 FPS and that makes minecraft unplayable. I have also tried to optimize my FPS but it doesnt help at all, Jeb's new engine makes minecraft run 20 times slower.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

Majora

Had a problem a lot like that in 1.7.2 with a Miscellaneous Items mod, made the FPS drop to zero and consumed an endlessly increasing amount of memory to the point where the computer would have to be restarted in order to regain functionality.
Would happen whenever the world loaded up a chunk that contained a placed item from the mod. Would only ever have about a minute of usable gameplay before the computer would begin to seize up. Believe it had something to do with the mod's use of 3D models, was able to fix the problem by disallowing the use of 3D models in its configuration file.

Luna_blade

no, it is also happening in vanilla minecraft regardless of settings.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Majora

Ah, could be a few things, might be conflicting with any other mods you're running, if any. It could also have affected one or several files vanilla runs in some way.

Try loading up a different world and see if the problem persists.
If it does, run the Golden Sun mod on its own without any other mods, see if that fixes the problem.
If that doesn't work, select a different version of Forge or whatever mod handler you're running on the Edit Profile page when you start up Minecraft, see if that improves performance at all.

If it's still buggy after all that, I'd move all your mods to a temporary folder for safe-keeping, reinstall Minecraft, then load up vanilla and see if the problem is still going. It most likely won't. Can then add mods back to your mod folder one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

I'd suggest adding the Golden Sun mod first and adding the other mods one by one after it, since it's still in development, and you clearly weren't having the problem before when running your other mods, if there are any others. Could just be an easily-fixed mid-development kink with the mod.

Dullahan1116

just a heads up. My life has recently gotten quite complicated, and thus I have taken on another job. I am sorry to say, but the project is going to have to go on hold for a while. sorry guys :/