News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Pokemon Gen 3 Remake

Started by Kain, 07, May, 2014, 07:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

So is anyone else hype?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/07/nintendo-announces-pok-233-mon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-for-3ds.aspx

Probably not the best source but it's a good one regardless.  I enjoyed Ruby in high school and I'm personally looking forward to an updated version.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Misery

I'm very hype, I was hoping this would happen!
I'll probably end up getting Ruby too, but I haven't decided yet. I've been wanting to replay Ruby, but I don't want to delete the file I have... so this is perfect.

KyleRunner

Couldn't care less...

But, if they localize Dragon Quest VII, I might think of buying this too just to show my appreciation! :)

Rolina

3D Hoenn
3D Customizable trainers
3D Mons
3D Trumpets

Yeah, I'm hype~

Alpha Sapphire preorder get~

Misery

Quote from: KyleRunner on 08, May, 2014, 07:07:02 AM
Couldn't care less...

But, if they localize Dragon Quest VII, I might think of buying this too just to show my appreciation! :)
Just buy another Dragon Quest in that case... I don't think they'll figure out your appreciation from sales statistics if one of the games is one you don't care about.

Quote from: Rolina on 08, May, 2014, 09:07:06 AM
3D Trumpets
Umm... yeah.

it's funny because it's true

Aile~♥

Hype is indeed happening. I dunno if they'll do trainer customization since Brendan and May have official designs already, but they'll still be pretty cool in 3D. (Assuming that this game's 3D isn't quite as terribad as it is in X & Y. [lag intensifies])

Also, here's hoping Sceptile and Swampert get Mega Evolutions.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Serena and the male dood have "official designs" as well.  Doesn't change me from decking my character out in brown hair and the classiest outfit ever.

My team's even in all luxury balls to match the outfit. :3

I'm doing a ghost-type run on my next game, so for AS I'll probably be doing an all-black/hex maniac thing, and probably run Dusk balls on my mons.  That reminds me - I need to breed up a Female Mismagius in a dusk ball to transfer over at level 5...

Aile~♥

I'm annoyed that ladies get a trenchcoat dress, but guys can't get an actual trenchcoat. I mean, how is that fair? Also, I wish male characters could get that star accessory that females can. Girls get cooler clothes and it's not fair! Also, guys only get ankle socks. I HATE ankle socks.

Rolina

Maybe you should consider becoming a girl then~ :awesomesmiley:

Aile~♥

I already played as a girl in Pokémon Platinum, and when I restarted Pokémon FireRed, and when I played Pokémon Emerald on an emulator that one time, and when I restarted Pokémon White. I figured just once I'd actually play as my own gender, but Game Freak was like "lolnope".

Ankle socks tho. Bleh.

charon the ferryman

I thought the male wardrobe was severely lacking, I did find something I liked (as I usually play as the dude) but it took some time. Also, I hope you like green because it is green as hell.

Salanewt

Male wardrobe was, yeah. I basically played as a female to let me customize my trainer better.

One thing I hope they do, which might be kind of hard without patching X/Y, is a rework of the name censoring system. I mean, I can't name my Pokemon rather harmless things like "Violet" or "HM Slave," yet names like "Gonorrhea," "Wristslitter," and "Wanna Yiff ;)" seem to pop up through Wonder Trade pretty often (and those are some of the more mild names I've seen). It's actually somewhat annoying...
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

So, apparently Delta Emerald has been trademarked in Japan, at least according to a few news outlets...

Aile~♥

Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, and Mega Diancie confirmed! Also, new designs for Magma/Aqua members and May and Brendan.

Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon and has the ability Lightningrod, while Mega Swampert retains its original typing and has Swift Swim. Mega Diancie retains its original Rock/Fairy typing, and its ability is presently unknown. (Hopefully it's not still Clear Body.)

Groudon and Kyogre do not have Mega forms. The alternate forms shown so far are known as Primal/Primeval/Prehistoric Groudon/Kyogre; they are apparently a regression known as Ancient Devolution.

All this information is on Serebii's homepage, if anyone wants to look.

IsaacGS459

Wait a minute. Mega Latios/Latias can FLY!!! And you can CONTROL IT!!! Why has this not ever been implemented in a pokemon game before?
Isaac. Lucario. Joshua. Possibly my favourite characters of all time.

Rolina

Technical limitations, mostly.  It's presumably the same reason that this only applies specifically to the Soar ability, and not Fly itself.