News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Decor (Minecraft 1.7 Mod)

Started by Majora, 09, May, 2014, 04:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

I at least know how you could make that vat looking think from kradens house. check out come different mods with with multiblock structures. could be a more advanced crafting station for stuff in the mod.
as for djinn collection. i would say to look at something like pixelmon i guess? i figure you would be able to bring the djinn back out once collected... then again its not exactly needed.
for doors, i know there are a few mods that add something like 40+ doors. you could look into those as a refrence.

I know i'm not real helpful since all i know is other mods that can do the stuff you want. but i suppose its a start right?
multiblock structure > tekkit mod collection has a few
doors > Extra door mod adds like 20 more doors.
for collecting djinn > pixelmon, and the Mobcages mod, they both work sorta the same way except pixelmon stores them in a GUI i think, while Mobcages stores them in an item.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Majora

@zman Will look into those.

Adding more high resolution blocks; also tweaked the 'Tall Crate (lower)' and 'Sol Sanctum Statue (lower)' objects - when the lower block of the two is placed, the upper block will place itself along with it, occupying the space one block above the lower object, allowing you to create items such as the Tall Crate (seen above) in one placement, instead of having to place each upper and lower component individually (although I left the original upper and lower blocks intact in case you'd like to use each one on its own for world building).

Will also be creating a sephia version of each new block the mod adds, as well as sephia versions of the vanilla Minecraft blocks, all with its own exclusive "Sephia" Creative tab. Will also be adding a Sephia dimension.

Will be creating Fizz the Mercury Djinn soon as well.

Also adding a bunch of textures from Majora's Mask. This thorned vine object uses vanilla Minecraft's biome-based plant color system, and also inflicts some damage if a player climbs it. You can also climb the signs to the right of the vines there, just for the hell of it. Get a little parkour going

Rolina

What I've got is quite a lot~!  After all, what else would you expect from the owner of the Siggy Shop? ;)

[spoiler]*snip*[/spoiler]

I've also got custom sprites.  I'll dig around a bit to see if I've got the attack icon sprites as well, and maybe other menu sprites.

Majora

Sweet, thank you ma'am, I'll take whatever you can give me. Just what the doctor ordered

Knight of Purgatory

Good work on the dd backgrounds role. More resources mean more potential to do stuff
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Majora

Let me know if you're able to extract any other textures from Dark Dawn

Majora

Adding tons of decorative wall items.

Once complete, the mod will come in several parts, as there are simply too many new items to include in a somewhat organized way using only one mod. Installation will be as simple as ever, simply extract contents of a .ZIP and drop all the folders it gives you into the 'mods' folder.

Will also be including some choice sound effects, musical cues, dialog, and other things with the mod.
Once the mod is installed and you've got the game up and running, the sound effects will be viewable via Noppes' Custom NPCs mod, which has a custom sound selection feature that allows you to assign any sound effect from any other mod you have installed, and assign it to an NPC in a variety of ways.

The mod will essentially be a complete RPG world-building environment by the time it's finished, will be wicked cool

Rolina

You know, you could look into Minecraft's own resources for the mod.  I see the growth sapling there as a wall ornament - why not make an actual sapling that grows into vines when you cast growth on it?  Just have it travel up the connecting wall until it reaches an air block.

Majora

Working on something along those lines, involves getting the sapling ornament to place the existing Golden Sun Vine object up to the end of the wall the growth is on when right-clicked. Can implement Psynergy later on

Rolina

I could see Growth having the same properties as bonemeal - you simply spend PP instead of bonemeal to use it.  Quite useful for Venus adept farmers and lumberjacks I'd imagine.

FrozenWrath

So I noticed that you fellows have a Minecraft thread.

So let me not help you: If Growth doesn't hit a plant, it creates an AoE.

Majora

Majora

Adding in the last few items from the first two Golden Sun games, added a crafting recipe for the Trident using the left, right, and center prongs.
Finally added the Mythril Bag as well.

Also added in the Skyward Sword version of the complete Master Sword, for the hell of it

FrozenWrath

Majora

Majora

If any interested individual here knows how to implement custom fonts into a Minecraft environment, send me a message.

Still in the process of adding in the rest of the items from Golden Sun through The Lost Age, have most of them added already.
Will be holding off on articles of clothing and armor for now, they're a little finicky, can get to them later on.

Finishing up adding the Ring and Mace items. The Golden Ring item is pretty sweet. In the game, it increases your elemental resistance, so in the Minecraft version, it increases your elemental resistance in the following fairly similar ways:

Increases your damage Resistance by 20%;
Bestows water-breathing;
Prevents player damage from fire and lava.

The effects are only temporary, think it lasts for about 30 seconds, and the item will break after use, as it does in the series.
It's pretty cool

Might make a living NPC for the Li'l Turtle character in the Lost Age, as well. That thing is the man

FrozenWrath

Are you talking about the font textures, or adding in usable font for your NPCs?

Majora

Referring to the process of providing and compiling the necessary code for implementing a font file into a Minecraft environment, accessible via an in-game GUI, various interfaces, things of that nature.

Not entirely sure what a 'font texture' would be, in this case. Can't help but get the sense that you may perhaps be referring to a font's fill graphic, such as the 3D yellow fill of the Pokemon logo.

Rolina

This has been bugging me...

Is this a Golden Sun mod you're showcasing, or several mods?  Because all the non-gs stuff kinda doesn't make sense for a GS mod...

Majora

Was waiting for an observation like that one, very perceptive of you, miss.
The mod is being tailored to meet my server's world-building needs, which includes implementing all of the textures and objects from the Golden Sun series, as well as textures and objects from a variety of other classic games.
Using textures from Golden Sun as well as the Legend Of Zelda series, the Donkey Kong series, Sega's Sonic The Hedgehog series,
Telltale Games' The Walking Dead series, right on down to game-of-the-movie pieces like Spiderman 2 for the Gamecube.
There are even textures made from images of Jerry Seinfeld's apartment, the sources really are endless.

The file sizes are microscopic as well, which allows for nearly unlimited world-building potential. As the mod exists currently, adding over four hundred individual modifications to the game, it's barely over 3MB large.

The idea is to be able to accurately create any and every kind of game environment you can imagine in a Minecraft setting.
From what I've implemented so far, and in doing so, it looks like it also just so happens to be the most comprehensive Minecraft mod that adds Golden Sun modifications to the game at the moment. Sharing its progress here because I believe it may be of interest to Golden Sun enthusiasts who enjoy building worlds in Minecraft.

Also thought it would be a little hard to imagine anyone actually feeling bugged-out over seeing Legend Of Zelda items in Minecraft, in all honesty - almost feeling shocked. Are you not a particular fan of the Goron tribe's artistic endeavors?
Can compile a special version of the mod, with your Fulminous Witch forum avatar as a placeable wall decoration, just for you. :VenusSet: