News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun.. Beta Stuff?

Started by Nicktallica, 19, January, 2009, 04:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicktallica

Okay, I was on IGN today and I was looking at some reviews on Golden Sun.
Then I was like, "What the hell, I'll take a look at the images too."
And I found these odd screen shots. I'm guessing they're from a beta version.. Idk.

Notice Mia standing with the group..

There's alot more where those came from.

Atrius (He/Him)

There are a lot of good Beta screen shots here too.

Some of the main differences appear to be:
- Mia & Jenna switched places
- Menu Icons look better
- Saturos & Menardi got makeovers
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Nicktallica

I really think they should have made a rom dump for this. Maybe we can make them with the editor... In time...

Rolina

They didn't.  They just translated it.  They didn't really change much of anything, or the stuff they did change sounds better.  Also, GRAMMAR.

Salanewt

Yeah, if it were not for the North American offices of these gaming companies, then we might get sentences like "Hello Jenna, did you bag pack your?" or maybe something like "Hello Ivan, good day did you have?". I am not sure how they rearrange the grammer when translated from Japanese, but I have a feeling that it would not be the same as English when they translate it.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

I think he's confusing the BETA with the Region 2 (Japanese) version or something.  Dunno.

Salanewt

I just noticed something about Saturos...
Although I do not think hair colour matters for the type of adept, but he has turquoise hair, not red. He is a fire adept, and both Garet and Jenna are fire adepts as well, but they have red hair.

Oh yeah, I wonder if there are any more beta snapshots that have not been found?

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

You should tell them about your findings Salanewt. That way it can be added to "The Mystery of Alex" section

Salanewt

Pardon... ? Oh, are you talking about the videos? That is a good idea, yes. However, I will probably wait for a bit longer before reminding people of the videos.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  

Sajin

Wow, Menardi looks a lot younger...And Saturos looks weird without the elf-like ears.
Perhaps those mugshots are still in the Rom's memory?
The must confusing thing is why Jenna/Mia are switched...

Atrius (He/Him)

If they are they aren't with the rest of the mugshots, and will be extremely difficult to locate.  I seriously doubt they're in there still.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

goldensunmaster97

wow that looks wierd i never new about that
jenna is my faverite charactor ever

Pkmn-Master

Grr, I thought somebody had more information about the beta.

Pkmn-Master

I have located beta gameplay! The music is what intrigues me the most.

zman9000

wow, i didn't see this topic before. there's some interesting things here.

also nice find on the video Pkmn-Master
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Pkmn-Master

Quote from: Pkmn-Master on 27, May, 2012, 01:15:11 PM

I have located beta gameplay! The music is what intrigues me the most.
Just reposting this due to a new page.

I'd love to see a hack that modifies the synth in the game to use the 8-bit synth.