News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

DCrisis Deletion

Started by Kain, 26, May, 2014, 04:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

So you read this right.  I'm nuking that section in its entirety and putting in a General Hacking section for any projects people want to work on.  Since Dimensional Crisis is no longer a thing and better off buried, I'm giving you eight hours to get whatever information you want out of that area before I delete it all and replace it.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Why not just make a back-up thingy... doc/zip... or whatever. That people can use for history of our past?

Anybody mind running a crawler through DCrisis? I can't think of anything to take right now though... but it'd be a shame if inactive people wanted to get something.

As for the General Hacking stuff... sounds good.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Yay, it's finally getting axed! There's already a smaller "General Hacking" subforum anyway, so it'd be much nicer to see that get fleshed out a bit than having a dead area constantly filled with irrelevant topics that don't belong there.

Thanks for giving everyone a heads-up Kain!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Luna_blade

I'd like to have all of MaxiPowers stuff. He apperently made maps, which could be usefull for the DC revival project. Also if there is not a backup document, I'd like to ask for more time, because I will be asleep the next nine hours.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Salanewt

I don't remember him making any maps in that section, although he did make a bunch for one of his own projects. Could be wrong though. Why not just send him a PM (or email if his address is posted) and ask him about mapping stuff?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Yeah, someone should make a back-up of that stuff. Anyone got a crawler for that?

People should get all their character images off of there if they haven't already. I've got mine, so I'm good.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

FrozenWrath

I have archived the Blacksmith Revamp topic for later use.

Well, went around and grabbed a few basic things.

This does not include all the topics.

I tried to get everything in DCrisis General, and Voting Polls... The polls themselves aren't in "Print" pages. I don't think attachments are either..?

By the way, since I can't attach the file here, I'll upload to mediafire. https://www.mediafire.com/?l6596j117q2sp6c

If anyone wants to finish grabbing the stuff, be my guest.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

charon the ferryman

The only thing that's a bit of a bummer is there are some cool assets. It might just be best to shove all of them into one locked thread for archiving purposes.

Wolf

Maybe the time limit should be extended to twenty four hours.  That would give everyone a day to finish archiving or retrieving their content before it is deleted.

Here's my thoughts:

-Archive DCrisis (Read-Only)
-Hide it from the Index page, while still being available to everyone.
-Keep for at least two weeks... or possibly indefinitely. (Since it wouldn't be in anyone's way.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Kain

Fair enough.  It will stick around for one week as a non-postable area.  After the week it will be removed.

Rolina

Sounds like a plan.  The forums have gone in a different direction over time, after all.  I imagine with the much larger RPG Maker presence, that it might warrant at least a subforum.

Luna_blade

SMALL UPDATE ON RETRIEVAL WORK: I have been saving pages on WayBack machine and also some in HTML docs. If anybody knows some important topic please tell.
Quote from: TeawaterI don't think attachments are either..?
I'm gonna get some attachments then...
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

leaf

Chances are attachments are the most worthwhile things to salvage from there.

...and I can't see any attachments on the dc stuff. I just checked the music forum, and none of the attachments that should have been there were showing up.

Kaaaaaaain, you messed up the permissions >_>
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

I've just salvaged some of the Player Characters' art onto my hard drive.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Luna_blade

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 28, May, 2014, 05:38:50 AM
I've just salvaged some of the Player Characters' art onto my hard drive.
Nice. Then I'll just get some other attachments now....
Quote from: leaf...and I can't see any attachments on the dc stuff. I just checked the music forum, and none of the attachments that should have been there were showing up.
EDIT:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2278.0
leaf, in this topic they work...
IDK bout the music forum, perhaps they broke earlier?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Quote...and I can't see any attachments on the dc stuff. I just checked the music forum, and none of the attachments that should have been there were showing up.
Just looked, and I can see one attachment from one of Charon's posts.

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=447.msg13661#msg13661

So yeah, either he fixed the permissions, or somehow this one shows up...?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Kain

I fixed permissions sometime last night.

Luna_blade

Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"